Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 04-26-2010, 02:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

Default get the feeling everyone's watching you?

To those that have lost weight prior to getting pregnant, do you get the feeling people are waiting to see you fail?
Before getting pregnant I lost 36 lbs, I was 10 lbs from my goal weight. female friends of mine were happy for me and would ask for advice on how they could do it too. Well there were some who seemed jealous of my weight loss (major attitudes when I show up or down playing weight loss) and now those are trying super hard to lose...pretty much when I got pregnant. LOL They've been doing these group weight loss challenges which I think is great. I love seeing others lose weight and become healthy.
I get people telling me that I look great and stuff but I can't help but think that they would really like to see me blow up again. LOL I have in my past pregnancies gained 60+ lbs what I've calculated about my progress is that I'll hopefully only gain 35+.
I'm trying to not let this bother me. Actually it's a big motivator to be on top of my weight gain. I joined in on an all day fitness thing which is 3 months after the baby comes. I just hope I'll be fit enough to do it. I've had to drop my exercise from jogging to a brisk (3.5mph) walk when I got pregnant per midwife orders. And now that I'm bigger I've dropped it down from a brisk walk to a normal walk (3.0mph). I'm trying to pick up the pace a little, I was able to do 3.2mph yesterday. I still walk 30-60 minutes a day on an incline on my treadmill. I'm hoping to be able to train to run again before this event.
Even though my dh thinks I'm nuts I would still love to do a 5K.

Last edited by mom4life; 04-27-2010 at 10:19 AM.
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I have a cousin who is the same way. Everytime she sees me now she let's me know that I'm gaining weight I tell her I'm going to have a healthy baby and then lose the baby weight just like I did before that usually shuts her up.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

I now what you mean ... people is so jealous . Like you say it is a big motivator to try to stay healthy. So keep going girl you can DO It.

I remember buy a short and saying to my friend this is the pants that I want to wear and she said : no way you will be able to fit in there.
Now I do fit in it ... even though I need to loss a little more to be comfortable on it.
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

Thank you, I know this time I'm very determined to lose the weight. I know I will get there, its just that the pregnancy stalled the process but I'm trying to not gain so much this time. Its so nice to know I'm so close though.
Regardless if these girls are doing this out of jealousy I'm glad their jealousy is motivating them to lose the weight. LOL
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote