Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 11-06-2009, 08:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/226/160

Height: 5'1

Default Prego in November!

Well guys this is my month to have my DD!! I am having a C-section on the 17th..11 days from now! I gained a total of 20 pounds with this pg. So I think I did pretty good, I'm still under 300 (289 but I'm only 5 feet tall so I look really big). I am breastfeeding so hopefully this will help with my weight loss. Oh and because I have GD, as soon as I have my LO I get to choose one meal that I can splurge on!! How is everyone else out there doing?

Last edited by Tiffrutherf; 11-06-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Tiffrutherf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #2  

Wow!! Only 11 more days! I know you're so excited/anxious! I didn't make it as far as you have with this one when I was pregnant with Jake--I'm hoping I'll go further this time--AT LEAST 38 weeks would be nice!

At my last Ob/Gyn visit, the ultrasound showed her weighing in at almost 5 pounds, so she's going to be another big one.

I'm starting to get more nervous about how Jake is going to react to this new little person in his life. All you people with multiple kids, reassurances would be welcome--as well as any advice to us on how to cope with the changes that are coming!!!!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:22 PM   #3  
Here I come skinny jeans!

S/C/G: 225/Ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Eeeep it can't be november already!! I really don't think I"m going to make it to my due date for some reason still. The last 2 nights have been FULL of Braxton-Hicks to the point i can't sleep...but they aren't painful or consistent. I go to the mw on Monday so I'm going to ask her how many weeks I have to be in order to deliver at the birthing center and not the hospital.
MeganBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:48 PM   #4  

4myself-I have a 8 DS and a 2 DD year old. The 8 year old Im not too worried about but the 2 year old....well....

Meganbeth-I had BH last night..though I was going into labor!

I'm exicted..but sad too, thanks to N1H1 my kids cant come up to the hospital to visit..and I can only have one visitor at a time. On top of that I have 3 MIL (who don't get along), my Mom and Grandparents so this should be interesting!
Old 11-06-2009, 03:40 PM   #5  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Tiff - Wow...11 days, how exciting. Good luck!

4myself - my first two kids are only 2 years apart and honestly at first it was very hard. My son was a total mamma's boy and did not enjoy having to share me with his new baby sister. He would say things like put her down and let daddy feed her. Well, I was breastfeeding so that wouldn't exactly work. We just tried to reassure him and give him lots of his own attention. He liked to be my "big helper" so we used that to our advantage. When I was changing the baby he got to get the diaper and he got to hand me the wipes. When I was nursing her I would let him sit with us and tried to include him as much as we could. He did have some rough moments and regresses a bit. He wanted a bottle again so mommy could feed him and he wanted to be rocked alot. He gradually started to accept it more and more once he realized that she was not going anywhere and was more relaxed about it. It will honestly probaby be hard at first, but kids are so adaptable he will be fine.

Not sure how old your son is, but maybe try and prepare him a little for it now. Have daddy maybe give him his bath if he is used to you doing it that way when his baby sister comes he won't attribute all the changed to her. Good luck and it will all work out just fine.

Last edited by lovinlifex2; 11-06-2009 at 03:41 PM.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:45 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinlifex2 View Post
Tiff - 4myself - my first two kids are only 2 years apart and honestly at first it was very hard. My son was a total mamma's boy and did not enjoy having to share me with his new baby sister. He would say things like put her down and let daddy feed her. Well, I was breastfeeding so that wouldn't exactly work. We just tried to reassure him and give him lots of his own attention. He liked to be my "big helper" so we used that to our advantage. When I was changing the baby he got to get the diaper and he got to hand me the wipes. When I was nursing her I would let him sit with us and tried to include him as much as we could. He did have some rough moments and regresses a bit. He wanted a bottle again so mommy could feed him and he wanted to be rocked alot. He gradually started to accept it more and more once he realized that she was not going anywhere and was more relaxed about it. It will honestly probaby be hard at first, but kids are so adaptable he will be fine.

Not sure how old your son is, but maybe try and prepare him a little for it now. Have daddy maybe give him his bath if he is used to you doing it that way when his baby sister comes he won't attribute all the changed to her. Good luck and it will all work out just fine.
Jake will be 21 months tomorrow. He is a big-time momma's boy. We've not bottle broken him yet, not even tried. People keep telling me I need to "before the baby gets here," but we've waited so long I hate to pile the disruptions up all at once on him. (Plus, I'm slightly selfish--if he's still on the bottle and I'm able to breastfeed this baby, chances are he'll get breast milk in his bottle if he'll drink it)

Right now we have "our" routine after his Papa leaves in the a.m. He lays in be with me for about 10-15 minutes and plays with my hair while we "talk" about what we're going to do that day. I'm hoping we'll still be able to maintain that.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #7  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Wow, November already!

4myself - DS and DD1 were 22 months apart. It was a really hard transition for me, harder than going from 0-1. The first few months of DD1's life are a blur, I just tried to keep us all fed, partially clean and semi-clothed. But, I had just moved 3000 miles away from my family and DH went to sea when she was barely a month old. It was a prime set-up for post-partum depression. Now, however, they are best buddies and inseparable. Yes, they will turn around and brawl on the living room floor, but 2 minutes later they're up and playing.

DD1 and DD2 were 24 months apart. This transition was a lot easier for me. DS and DD1 had each other to keep entertained, I was already used to juggling more than one kid and my standards for things like housekeeping had lowered. :P For the kids, though, I think DS had an easier time adjusting than DD1. Just having her those 2 months older made a big difference, and she didn't take it in stride as much.

DD2 and this babe will, again, be 22 months apart.
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 03:27 PM   #8  

Oh I had this problem with DD (she 2) people keep telling me I should potty train her and brake her of her night time/nap time bottle. Well from what I have learned it is way too close to baby coming to bring a even newer routine in to the picture. She will have to get use to a new baby and big changes..just too much..( I cant dream of dealing with a cranky 2 year old and a new born who does not sleep threw the night) Also I was told she will regress if she is jelouse (sp) of the baby. So I plan to potty train her at 3 and she is pretty much eliminating the bottle on her own at night!

Last edited by Tiffrutherf; 11-07-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:45 AM   #9  

Everyone has been up our butts to make certain DS1 is potty trained before DS2 is born. Luckily we've been sort of potty training since DS was a year old and he's pretty well into it but meh I'm not worried about it nor am I going to flip out if he regresses. DS also stopped nursing around July when my milk supply was just gone from this pregnancy, for the longest time everyone was telling us it was time to wean him (well before I got pg anyways) and that he wouldn't be able to keep nursing once I was pregnant. He has tried off and on the last few months and if he decides he wants to nurse again once my milk is back so be it, I'd rather him get that comfort from something healthy than a candy bar
Old 11-08-2009, 12:59 AM   #10  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Ah babies, so cool.

I had DS first and then DD1, 26 months later. I breastfed DS till he stopped about 3months before delivering. As soon as he came to visit me in the hospital he asked me for *milk* I was happy to oblige him. He then nursed a while longer while I nursed DD1 at the same time. At least I knew where he was and my breasts didn't get engorged at all. 3 years later I had DD2, DD1 weaned at the time of delivery and had potty trained herself at 2.5. DDS potty trained himself daytime at 18 months (too early) and night time was longer, 4years. DD2 nursed for as long as she wanted and potty trained herself at 2.5 years.
My DS was totally in love with DD1 and 2, they all got along beautifully. Lucky I guess

Tiring at times but so worth it.
Congrats on the new additions to your families.

Last edited by AR4life; 11-08-2009 at 01:00 AM.
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:23 AM   #11  

This is the first time I will be breast feeding and I heard good and bad stories. Im worried that DD wont latch on or my milk wont come in...but Im still going to give it a try! (BTW 9 days to go!!)
Old 11-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #12  

After you have her can you ask the hospital to bring in a lactation consultant? Another good place to go for help/advice is http://forums.llli.org the sign up process for the forums is a bit of a pain but it's definately worth it! LOTS of knowledgeable mamas on there and LLL leaders to offer help and support
Old 11-09-2009, 12:15 AM   #13  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

I was a LLLeader for 10 years, a very cool volunteer job while I was raising my children. Find one in your area and join in on the meetings
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:38 AM   #14  

kestrel, Ok I have heard the saying "Yes we know where they (babies) come from" so many times, but where does the saying come from? I see you have it in your signature!!

How are you guys holding up? I'm hanging in there...I can't say I'm a happy camper. I peed like 14 times last night..its so hard for me to roll out of bed (LOL)...Now I know why God made it nine months because for the first couple of months you worried about the pain of labor, by the time you get to this point you don't care what you have to do to get the baby out of your body!!

Last edited by Tiffrutherf; 11-09-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #15  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

I'm still stuck in 1st trimester morning sickness **** here. Luckily my DH is doing all the cooking and kitchen cleaning, or there's no telling what kind of crap we would be eating! (And honestly, he's a much better cook than I am anyway. )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffrutherf View Post
kestrel, Ok I have heard the saying "Yes we know where they (babies) come from" so many times, but where does the saying come from? I see you have it in your signature!!
Oh, that's up on my ticker (that I use on a few other boards) because so many people think it's funny to say "don't you know what causes that?!" when they find out that I'm pregnant with #4. And I just say "yes, and we're good at it!"
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote