Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 01-01-2009, 08:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/200/150

Height: 5'9

Default Hi from a newbie, any EBF moms on here....

Hi, I am new to this board/forum and am a single mom to a wonderful little boy who will be two on January 9th. I practice attachment parenting and am an EBF mom. Almost two years and still going strong. When I got pregnant with my son, I started losing weight and it just fell off. I got PG weighing over 250 (256 I think), gave birth at 230 and now weigh 200. I was down to 193 or so but gained it back due to lack of motivation and just a plain old love of food. I'd love to connect with other EBF moms.

Happy New You!

Jen
jeninco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:15 PM   #2  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 195/158/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi Jen! I'm Jess, mom of two. I nursed my DS1 until he was 14mo (milk supply dried up due to being pg with DS2) and am currently nursing my DS2.

I also lost weight while pg due to morning sickness. I conceived at around 190 and delivered at 188!! A few months PP I was down to 168 but got sick (high BP, suspicious thyroid) and gained most of it back.

Last edited by OnlyWomanInTheHouse; 01-01-2009 at 09:15 PM.
OnlyWomanInTheHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:41 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyWomanInTheHouse View Post
Hi Jen! I'm Jess, mom of two. I nursed my DS1 until he was 14mo (milk supply dried up due to being pg with DS2) and am currently nursing my DS2.

I also lost weight while pg due to morning sickness. I conceived at around 190 and delivered at 188!! A few months PP I was down to 168 but got sick (high BP, suspicious thyroid) and gained most of it back.

Hi, Thanks for the response, I was hoping wasn't the only one. Sorry you got sick PP. I hope you are doing better now. So you are you followng any specific plan for your weight loss goals?

Jen
Old 01-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Hey Jen! I'm another EBF here. I'm currently 13 weeks pregnant with baby #3 and still nursing my daughter who turned 3 in September. Due to nipple pain/sensitivity as well as a drastic drop in my milk supply due to the pregnancy, we down to nursing once every day or two.

I had some really great weight loss this past summer which due in great part to my training for and running my second half marathon. It also did wonders for my mental health to have something that was just for me since homeschooling the kiddos can take up a lot of my energy.

Anyhow, welcome to 3FC!
KimProbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:24 PM   #5  
Here I come skinny jeans!

S/C/G: 225/Ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Hey! I'm Meg, my son will be 2 on Jan 19th and he's still nursing though only around 2 times a day now. I lost a lot of weight the first 6 weeks pp, went from 210 to 175ish then started taking the mini pill, by the time I decided to stop taking it this past May I was back up around 200lbs.
MeganBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/185/155

Height: 5 foot 3 inches

Hey There, I EBF DS till he was 2 and now DD is EBF and 14 months old. She shows no signs of weaning anytime soon. I also practice attachment parenting with both kiddos. I just joined and am trying to figure out which diet to use since I am still nursing DD.
Mommy2ArmyBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:05 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimProbable View Post
Hey Jen! I'm another EBF here. I'm currently 13 weeks pregnant with baby #3 and still nursing my daughter who turned 3 in September. Due to nipple pain/sensitivity as well as a drastic drop in my milk supply due to the pregnancy, we down to nursing once every day or two.

I had some really great weight loss this past summer which due in great part to my training for and running my second half marathon. It also did wonders for my mental health to have something that was just for me since homeschooling the kiddos can take up a lot of my energy.

Anyhow, welcome to 3FC!
Congrats on baby #3, I hope your pregnancy is going smoothly. And you are my new hero! My super long term goal, that I've not mentioned to anyone is to do a marathon, I have a long, long way to go, but I really want to get there. Kuddos to you on homeschooling, I plan on doing that with my LO as well.

Jen
Old 01-03-2009, 12:07 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganBeth View Post
Hey! I'm Meg, my son will be 2 on Jan 19th and he's still nursing though only around 2 times a day now. I lost a lot of weight the first 6 weeks pp, went from 210 to 175ish then started taking the mini pill, by the time I decided to stop taking it this past May I was back up around 200lbs.
Hi Meg, Thanks for responding. Wow, we have a whole lot in common. Kiddos the same age and the same starting weight! I too was once down to 180 or so...but am back up to 200 and I have nothing to blame but myself for the gain! Ugh...

Jen
Old 01-03-2009, 12:09 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2ArmyBrat View Post
Hey There, I EBF DS till he was 2 and now DD is EBF and 14 months old. She shows no signs of weaning anytime soon. I also practice attachment parenting with both kiddos. I just joined and am trying to figure out which diet to use since I am still nursing DD.
Hi, thanks for the note. I can relate to trying do decide what's the best diet plan for a nursing mom. Have you found any you like more than others? I know none of them are real BF friendly. I am just trying to be "sensible" I am an emotional eater and I just plain like food, lol. I am trying to do some pre-portioned (ie: frozen food) so I can get my portion control under control (wow, what was a wordy sentence, lol).

Jen
Old 01-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninco View Post
My super long term goal, that I've not mentioned to anyone is to do a marathon, I have a long, long way to go, but I really want to get there. Kuddos to you on homeschooling, I plan on doing that with my LO as well.

Jen
This summer I started seriously looking into setting a full marathon as a long-term goal. We've got one more baby planned after this one so it might be a *very* long term goal! I loved the training for the half this summer but I got close to burning out a few weeks before the race so I'd have to figure out how to balance it all.

As far as homeschooling, we totally love it. DS did two years of public school and we're half way through our second year of homeschooling. This is totally the right path for us and there's no looking back from here! If you ever have any questions about anything I'm always more than willing to chat about homeschooling.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:36 AM   #11  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

I'm EBFing too. Right now I'm tandem nursing my 5 month old DD2 and 2.5 year old DD1, was triandem nursing for a while. My body holds on to weight while breastfeeding, add to that the fact that I was eating huge portions and drinking way too much soda and my weight leveled out at ~215 lbs after my 3rd child was born. I had never tried dieting before because I was worried about my milk supply, but so far I haven't had any issues.
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:23 AM   #12  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 195/158/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Hi, Thanks for the response, I was hoping wasn't the only one. Sorry you got sick PP. I hope you are doing better now. So you are you followng any specific plan for your weight loss goals?

Jen
I am using the WW's nursing mom's plan, the flex/momentum.

Kim, love the ERGO in your avi! Love ours here too.
OnlyWomanInTheHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #13  

Hi all

I am stilling nursing my 13 month old almost nearly exclusively. He is becoming more interested in solids but is still wanting mostly boobage.

I am also an attachment sorta parent.

Love my slings (especially in this cold weather), love my son sleeping in bed with me...

I am also a little green with my cloth diapers!

Nice to meet you!
irrevocable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:01 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyWomanInTheHouse View Post
Kim, love the ERGO in your avi! Love ours here too.
Thanks! I totally adore my Ergo too but it's not getting much use anymore. It's been a while since DD has wanted to be in it when we're out walking since you can't compete with a big brother while you're being carried!

I'm indulging in a nice German wrap for this upcoming babe. We don't need very much at all in the way of baby stuff so this will be a really nice treat. (Plus, I'll take any excuse I can get to buy carriers! )
Old 01-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #15  
Here I come skinny jeans!

S/C/G: 225/Ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Hi Meg, Thanks for responding. Wow, we have a whole lot in common. Kiddos the same age and the same starting weight! I too was once down to 180 or so...but am back up to 200 and I have nothing to blame but myself for the gain! Ugh...

Jen
Well we'll have to lose weight together too then huh? As for diets, I'm just watching my calories and working out at least 3x/week. I have on demand tv with a whole station of various work out shows so I just pick one and do it during nap time.
MeganBeth is offline   Reply With Quote