Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 05-02-2008, 10:51 AM   #1  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

Talking May Nursing Moms

By the time I realized there was no April thread, it was the end of the month, so I figured I would wait til now and start a fresh May thread.
Welcome to our newcomers!
I used to have to get Mothers Milk Tea at Vitamin Cottage or other health food stores, but with this baby, I am finding it at Kroger's. I find it's especially effective for me at bedtime.
I quit pumping at work (3x a week) last month and my supply seems to be holding out ok. DD is drinking more formula, but she seems satisified in the AM just nursing and she loves her bedtime nursing. I have gained a bunch of weight that may or may not be due to the nursing slowdown. DD is 10.5 months now. I hit my lowest weight when she was 6 months old and I just can't seem to get in control of it since then, esp since March.
I am trying to get re-motivated and back on plan. Tonight I plan out next 7 days of meals and go shopping tomorrow. And get back to logging every bite I eat. That seems to help a lot all by itself.
DD is still not crawling and I find myself worrying about that. I know by 2, almost all babies have accomplished walking and talking, so I should relax, but it's starting to be a concern for me. She is just perfectly content to sit.
Kim
DS 9/27/03
DD 6/18/07
Highest non-preg weight - 235 Jan 05
Ottoette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:50 AM   #2  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

thanks for starting a new month! My DS didn't crawl until he was 11 months or so, then was walking a month later, just didn't like it much. DD started crawling at 7 months and walked at 12-13 months. They are all so different. I'm sure that when she is ready, she will start. My son was a super-late talker and I sometimes worried that he would NEVER start, and at about 2 1/2 he just came out with practically complete sentences. That's when he was ready I guess.

I'm sure you will do great getting back on plan and motivated. I went through a slump a few months ago, joining a Biggest Loser team a work really helped me get started up again. Our biggest loser thing just ended and we lost 299 pounds between all of us!! It was a lot of fun and I hoping that I can keep the ball rolling without those weekly weigh-ins.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:22 PM   #3  
Goodbye Fat!

Thanks for starting the new thread. I posted for a bit, but haven't been back in a month. My LO is now 6 months and nursing is going great! I have started some solids and worry that my supply will slow, down but that is the natural weaning process right? I am still pumping the same amount at work though. Okay so I really need to get back on the wagon and start exercising daily, it is just so hard after getting home from work. I lost all of my pregnancy weight by two months, but now I have gained 15 back. On top of not exercising I am still eating like I am pregnant, not a good combination. How much and often do you nursing Mommies exercise? Also before getting preggo I at 1500 calories and exericised for an hour 5 days a week.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:19 PM   #4  
The Weight's Coming Off!

DD has not nursed in over 24 hours. I think we may have weaned. I have mixed emotions about it. Very mixed. I am sad and unwilling to give this time up but relieved and ready to get my body back at the same time. I guess this may be goodbye to this thread. :-(
I'll stop by and let you know for sure but she'd better get interested real fast or I'm going to dry up.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 163/158/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi!! I'm one of the newcomers!

BabyLast is now 10 weeks old and I've been walking/jogging a bit in the last few weeks. So far, things are going slow, as I don't like to do too much calorie counting when he's so young. When he's 6 months and getting solids too, I'll start cutting calories more. But we're still nursing 6-10 times during the day.

I go back to work in 2 weeks and will have a tough time then as well, but we open the pool shortly and hopefully I'll be able to get a bit more exercise. This week the temps have been back down in the 40's - and #2 and #3 have been sick...just not a good week on the exercise front!
squintz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'3

Hi - I'm new!
DD is right at 4.5 mos old and I'm the heaviest I've EVER been. I weigh as much as I did when she was born - I thought you were suppose to LOSE weight while breastfeeding!!!???

Anyway, I HAVE to get this weight off - somehow. I hate to work out - I've got to find a way to do it!

Any advice other than getting off my behind and starting?
mommyto3princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:16 PM   #7  
The Weight's Coming Off!

Well, it's been 8 days since DD nursed. She's had 2 evenings when I could tell that's what she wanted, but she was satisfied with a snuggle and a bottle. I'm still ambivalent, but I guess there's no turning back now.
No more excuses for my weight - which is up 10 lbs in the past month for no apparent reason!
Good bye ladies, take care, I'll see you around the other boards.
mommyto3princesses - read Aphil's sticky on how much to eat while nursing to lose weight, it will give you some good ideas!
Old 05-15-2008, 05:40 PM   #8  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

ottoette

ds shows no signs of slowing down, but I will be gone for 48 hours this weekend...I wonder what effect that will have. dd nursed more when I got back from a trip, but it was the beginning of the end.

Hi to the other ladies! Counting calories is definitely a good way to go. You need more, but not as much more as you probably want!
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:19 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7 1/2"

hi

Last edited by peasandcarrots; 03-25-2011 at 01:59 AM.
peasandcarrots is offline   Reply With Quote