Buffalo Chik Pita Pizza

• My roommate works at a pizza shop, and is constantly bringing home their buffalo chicken pizza. It is SOOO delicious, but each piece is a whopping 7 points!!! So I devised this little "substitute", which is just as delicious. Eat the whole thing for just 4.5 points!

Buffalo Chik Pita Pizza (serves 4): (4.5 pts each)

4 small wheat pitas
    2 Morningstar Chik patties
    1/2 cup fat-free mozzarella
    1/2 cup fat-free cheddar
    1/2 chopped red onion (optional)
    Franks Red Hot sauce
    Olive oil cooking spray

Prepare chik patties as directed (microwave or oven). Cut into "chunks", divide into four equal parts.

Spray both sides of each pita with cooking spray, place on baking sheet. Spoon 2-4 tbsp hot sauce onto each pita. Add 1/4 of the chik chunks to each pita, cover with additional sauce if desired. Add red onions (optional). Add 1/8 cup of each mozzarella and cheddar to top each pita.

Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted (approx 4-8 minutes). Let stand for two minutes, then serve.
  • This sounds yummy - I'm going to pick up some of the morningstar chicken - to try this!
  • This sounds really yummy!!! I'm def going to try it!
  • It does sound yummy! How are those morning star chicken patties??? Ima little reluctant to try them! ; )
  • The Morningstar Farm Buffalo "Chicken" Nuggets are OUTSTANDING!! really really good!! you have to be careful though because if you microwave them for too long, they become very tough.
  • I am a huge Buffalo Chicken Fan, here is my pizza recipe-

1 Boboli 8" white crust
    1 oz Frank's red hot (or your fave hot sauce)
    1/2 cup chicken, diced
    1/4 cup celery, thinly sliced
    1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
    1/2 cup 2% mozzarella, grated
    2 T Marzetti's Light Blue Cheese

1) Preheat the oven to 425
    2) Sauce the pizza crust (using a spoon provides the best, overall coverage), add cheese first, celery, onion, chicken, and drizzle the 2 T Blue Cheese over the the pizza
    3) Bake 8-10 minutes

1/2 the pizza is 8 points, 8 delicious, cheesy, indulgent points