3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support-70/)
-   -   PCOS Roll Call (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support/94407-pcos-roll-call.html)

treezuk 10-17-2006 06:08 AM

Hey Maz

nice to meet you and :welcome: Cyster.

:carrot: Teresa :carrot:

LookingForHope16 10-20-2006 01:34 AM

I would love to see you all at SC sometime!!

nursekat 10-22-2006 06:38 AM

Hi, all! I was diagnosed with PCOS this year, and am on Glucaphage, but not enough. I need to lose about 120 ish pounds, and have lost 8 pounds so far, doing low carb. I just need to get around to exercising!

Prosechild 10-23-2006 01:32 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the board and just stumbled onto this subforum. I was diagnosed with PCOS and Insulin Resistance in early 2004. My dr subscribed Metformin, but I wasn't consistent with it. I need to get my annual this year and I have a new insurance plan, so....

I want to lose 40 pounds.

treezuk 10-23-2006 02:22 PM

:welcome: Nursekat & Prosechild

I am sorry to hear about your PCOS but im glad to hear you are both getting the support from your dr's and have medication that you need. In england they arent so forthcoming but i hope they will be soon.

Take care and i look forward to speaking to you both soon.

LookingForHope16 11-01-2006 10:33 PM

Welcome!!

FatBeGoneNow 11-02-2006 01:35 PM

Hey Cysters!

I have PCOS as well and desperately need to lose some weight. I'd like to lost a total of 95lbs by this time next year. It sounds like a lot but I think I can do it. I've lost 7lbs in almost 2mths without working out. I just bought a WATP's DVD so I plan on doing that again (it worked awesome while low carbing) when I have free time and the kids are sleeping.

Celesteral 11-02-2006 04:20 PM

I noticed the PCOS symptoms when I was in my late teens, mostly a bit of facial hair and weight gain.

I lost a great deal of weight in 1993 and became pregnant. After I had my son, the weight piled on and I began to have fewer periods. I was finally diagnosed in 2003.

I moved from VA in July and am still looking for employment. I do not have insurance and can't afford my medications. I have been careful with what I eat and exercise daily. I have type II diabetes, so I am hoping to find a job that is near public transportation or walking distance soon.

From my experiences with doctors in the past, I learned that if one is not helping with diet info, meds and just enough general info on PCOS, find a new doctor. Many said to just diet...no blood tests or anything. I finally had found one that gave more info and meds but still did not offer enough support.

Weight loss has helped with some of the symptoms. I now have regular periods and somewhat less facial hair.

treezuk 11-03-2006 12:18 PM

:welcome:Celesteral & Fatbegonenow

Its really nice ot meet you both , i am sorry to hear the problems you both are having right now , hopefully in times to come things will improve and as you know with PCOS its never straight forward there is always someting to worry about. It sounds to me like you are both going the right way about it and the your losing weight which is always a bonus as you know it can be difficult to shift it in the first place. Good luck with it all and i hope you find lots of help , infomation and support from all of us & the forums.

Take care and i look forward to speaking to you both soon.

PrettyPeanut 11-06-2006 10:50 AM

hi

I had about 60 lbs ot lose.. lost about 15...And been stuck for a while
im 33.. and ttc our first..
45 to go.. doctor says lose 20. and we will try clomid again!

treezuk 11-06-2006 11:12 AM

:welcome: Peanut

Good luck with the weightloss once you get the hang of it , it does get easier but remeber if you dont lose its ok too , Im one of the worst for getting stressed if i dont lose anything but then everyone kindly reminds me its ok. Were all be here along the way and if you wanna add me to msn just message me and ill give you my email addy if you ever want someone to talk to.

Crittle 11-06-2006 07:56 PM

I was diagnosed this year with PCOS and am on metformin 2000 mg daily. I have 168 pounds to lose. I am also diabetic and have hypothyroidism. I find I struggle daily with my eating, been in a rut for a month and gained 4 pounds back (lost 26 as of yesterday), and I need a weight loss buddy or someone to be accountable to. Anyone up for a challenge??

LookingForHope16 11-09-2006 10:20 PM

Welcome girls!!

I would love to get to know all of you a little more!

luna13 11-15-2006 07:27 PM

Another cyster here...

I was diagnosed when I was 18. I gained some weight in college and have lost it since I graduated and I'm now back where I started (sigh). I was on glucophage for about 6 months last year but I have irritable bowel syndrome and my GI tract just couldn't handle it so my doc took me off.

I know a lot of people do low carb diets for PCOS/IR, but being vegan and having IBS my diet is naturally carb-high. Has anyone had any luck with non-low carb diets? I've lost weight since I went vegan last spring but not as fast as I'd like.

LookingForHope16 11-15-2006 11:14 PM

Welcome girls!!