PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 02-01-2005, 01:38 PM   #1  

Default Treatment & BC

x

Last edited by krismae76; 05-04-2014 at 01:16 PM.
krismae76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:04 PM   #2  
Swimming Mouse

There is no "treatment" for PCOS. Its treated symptomatically. Typically, its birth control pills, glucophage/metformin and spironolactone/aldactone. If you're insulin and hormone levels are normal, why would your doctor say you have PCOS? Just having irregular menstrual cycles doesn't mean you have an endocrine disorder.

Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:29 AM   #3  

Location: Rock Hill, South Carolina but grew up in Savannah Ga

Krismae76,
Good Morning Girl, I am not sure about your body, but I went on BC when I was 14 to 'regulate" my period. I was told as a child that I was healthy. I was always really thin, and had no problems with my weight. I was on BC from the time I was 14 to the time I was 21. I was never instructed by any Dr. to take a break, skip a month after 6 months, nothing. Well when I went off of BC in August of 2000 to begin trying to get Pregnant, I went to the Dr. after not having a period for 5 months after going off. That is when I was told that I am Insulin Resistant, which has also lead to me having PCOS. From the time I went off of BC I gained 100lbs within a year. I was so depressed. I have now gotten a little more info on the dosorder and I am a little more comfortable with knowing I have it. I went to th Dr. Yeasterday and he says that I do NOT have any cysts( thank GOD), but if I do not lose weight the condition could worsen. I hope you can get a little more info, as far as why the Dr. has put you on BC if your Insulin and hormones are normal. I would look into that.
Good Luck and hang in there,
Amy
AmyVV is offline   Reply With Quote