PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 07:52 AM   #1  
Rattie Lover

Arrow PCOS Monthly Chat For September 2004

Good Morning, Girls!!!

Today is September 1st--The start of my favorite month!! Only 13 more days until . Whoppidy Doo.

How is everyone?? I am O.K. today. Yesterday I did not feel good... I slept for about 12 hours. Barely dragged myself out of bed for dinner and my Tuesday TV shows. I'm hooked on The Amazing Race. I can see the world without actually having to hop in the plane to go there.

I also watch Big Bro, but since I can get the spoilers online, I decided to watch Trading Spouses instead. Hahahaha it was hillarious!! They traded dads this time... I really liked the dads version better than the moms version.

Hopefully today I can feel good enough to continue working on my rocks. 20 tons of rocks out there...just waiting for a new home. I took pics but we still can't seem to get the camera software to work on this new PC, and hub hasn't had time to tinker with it yet so I'll just have to be patient or wait until my camera card fills up...one or the other.

Well, time to try to get my rear in gear..or else I will crawl back in bed. Drop us a line and let us know how you are doing, ok!! And don't forget about the word game...someone needs to add a word..Pleaseeeeeeee?? I'll do a cheer for ya if you do!!

Type at ya later...
Old 09-01-2004, 07:06 PM   #2  
Swimming Mouse

Today was just a rotten day. Really rotten.
As you know, I went to the gym last night by choice, even though I had lots of work to do for school. So I stayed up late so I could get some more of it done, and didn't go tobed until 11:30. And then I got sick. All night long... So I didn't sleep much. I was pretty tired. Today's plans included going to Staples to pick up stuff for the classroom. I had a fantastic $10 rebate check from them, and couldn't find it! WAIL! Then I couldn't find a instructional book I used to use lots when I had that level of kids and could teach about the grocery store. There are lots of great ideas in the book and I wanted it for a worksheet I know is there. And I can't find it either, along with two other books and the portfolio I made with my kids. I feel so stupid,becausethe portfolio I know was on my desk last year... And I know I saw at least one of those books recently.
Then when I left the apartment, I found out the elevators were broken. ALL THREE OF THEM! And one of our front desk people (also a resident) had gotten stuck. Now, you all know I have issues with my ankle, and I can't do stairs. Before I was in a cast back in April/May, I could at least go up stairs carrying things. Now I'm back to being unable to do up or down with anything in my hands or shoulders, etc. And I live on the 4th floor. Access to our garage is from the 7th floor. That's 6 flights up. I chose to go down 2 flights to the lobby (don't ask, I didn't create the stairwells in our building!), and did finally get there. The plan was to walk around to the garage and go in through the public entrance... and use that elevator to get to the roof. There is supposed to be a code to make it go all the way up, otherwise it stops at the 6th floor which is the last floor for public parking. The 7th and 8th floors are for residents only.
They called the garage to get the code, but the guy over there didn't know it, and said, "She can't get out anyway, we just painted the ramp and she can't come in." Whatever THAT meant! I, of course, missed the 6:15 shuttle, and the 7:15 shuttle from my building to the hospital that runs my program means I have to wait at the hospital till 8:30 because there is only one shuttle to the high school campus until 10 am, when they add a second. We have two because we're so far away it takes 20 minutes to get there from the hospital, and 20 minutes to get back. Fortunately, I was able to reach a co-worker who lives in the city and gave me a ride. But I had to meet him at the corner of my street, and I don't live a nice part of town. Its not all that unsafe as long as you're aware, and there are plenty of people around because of the huge farmer's market, the metro and the light rail stations... but I'm, well, the wrong sex to be standing on a street corner in Baltimore at that hour... Or any hour for this neighborhood! And of course, I had to get at least one idiot who wanted to know what I was selling, and if I thought he could afford my candy!
I finally get to school, and of course my ID badge with my keys are in my car that I couldn't get to. And onw I don't have a car to do the necessary shopping. And I'm STILL sick... but the friend that picked me up let me borrow his car, and another friend helped me do the shopping...
On our way home from work today, though, the City police were doing traffic stops for people not wearing seatbelts. Because of the damn stupid pannus, if I'm sitting in most passenger seats of most cars, I can't get it on. I usually drive, because I can get that seat-belt on... And I'm usually okay in Saturns, but I just couldn't get it on today so I didn't wear it. The officer was all ready to give my friend a ticket, and I felt so bad... I explained the problem to her, just that the belt didn't fit, and she made me SHOW HER... I was mortified. Absolutely mortified.
So, its been a crappy day. I finally ate dinner, so now I'm nauseous again... I didn't have my car, and I didn't eat, so I didn't get to the gym...

Old 09-02-2004, 02:40 AM   #3  
Getting back on track!

Default Oh No!

Oh my goodness - I'm sorry you had such a bad day.
I hope today is better
Take care
Old 09-02-2004, 10:04 AM   #4  
Rattie Lover

for you, Mousie. I hope today is better...

I haven't been feeling too good either. Not sure why...but I suspect an arthritis flare-up. Blah!! Plus I keep having hot flashes. I slept forever again yesterday, finallly dragged myself out of bed at 3 PM!! I finally did the errands I have been putting off for a week. I left here at 4:30 PM, got home at 10:00 PM, and went back to bed!! I haven't taken any amino acids in a while so I picked some up yesterday and I hope they give me back some energy. We shall see.

How's everyone else doing?? Post so we know!! We wanna hear from ya!

Type at ya soon...
Old 09-02-2004, 09:00 PM   #5  
Swimming Mouse

Today was better... I was able to eat today (and I was starving because I didn't eat much yesterday!), but my bad ankle/leg was acting up... because of the stairs. I went to the gym, but didn't do much until the water aerobics class, and then swam laps with just my arms.
Oh well... I'm off tomorrow, and my mom convinced me to come up this weekend, on Saturday...

Old 09-03-2004, 12:10 AM   #6  
WW Moderator

This week sucks for me! My boss is on vacation and we've been SLAMMED all week. I've been working 10-11 hour days this week, too much to do when I get home, not enough time to sleep, not enough energy to work out! I'm off next week, so at least I'll be able to make up for exercise time.

I've broken out in a rash, also, and I thought I was allergic to my puppy, but now it is going away so I don't know what is wrong with me. Strange! Hopefully this weekend will be better for all of us. What crappy stories we have!
Old 09-03-2004, 03:27 AM   #7  
Rattie Lover

Goodness Gracious!!

Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend this weekend and doesn't have to work long hours and gets to enjoy the time with their families & friends. Remember...stuff can't always go bad. Have to have it go GOOD at times too to make up for the bad. Now if that would just happen over here...
Old 09-03-2004, 10:10 AM   #8  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Hi All!

I post here from time to time. I have PCOS/IR. Was diagnosed in July 2003. I have been on atkins since last Aug 2003 and that has helped tremendously with the weight and some of my health issues!

But I wanted to post and find out (And I think Jennifer did) if anyone has had a Hysterectomy? I was at teh OB/GYN yesterday and after an hour long appt that consisted of going throught my Menstral Cycle Chart for the last 10 months, the surgical reports from my laps, my blood work and my symptoms.. I am going to have total abdominal Hyterectomy on October 25th. We are going to try to save one ovary as I have horrible reactions to Hormones (I am only 37 too!) I am at peace with the decision as I am so tired of the Endo Pain and the heavy nonstopping bleeding! But I am scared to go to surgery once again!

Is there anyone here that has had a hyster and still have an ovary? How is that with the PCOS?
Old 09-03-2004, 11:07 AM   #9  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Is there anyone here that has had a hyster and still have an ovary? How is that with the PCOS?
Hi KarenW!! Glad to see you here!!

You're talking to the right person. I had a hysterectomy in June 2003. I still have my ovaries. I was suppose to get them taken out, but my doctor wanted to avoid that if possible because of my age. (I'll be 34 this month.)

What he did was when he went in there he decided to "cauterize" the ovaries instead. He popped holes in the polycystic ovary and then burned the edges so the holes wouldn't close. This way the ovaries are able to release the hormones/fluids stored inside whereas with a polycystic ovary hoards these fluids and makes all sorts of problems. My other ovary was fine so he left it alone. Who would of thought that one little ovary could cause so many problems?? Anyhow, I am SOOOOO glad I had it done!! No regrets!! No more bleeding for 6 weeks...no more wasting $$ on femnine products...etc. I get hot flashes here and there but I can live with that.

My complete recovery took about 3 months total, but that is because I had my hysterectomy vaginally. I was up 1 hour after surgery walking. Had it been abdominally it would of taken me about 6 months total, as it did when I blew out a fallopian tube.

Good luck!! Keep us posted ok!! And if you have any questions, comments, concerns, just ask. That's what we're here for.

Old 09-08-2004, 11:59 PM   #10  
WW Moderator

Whewee, Noodles, that was a long recovery time! I was out of work for 6 weeks with mine, and I felt all normal after 8 weeks. Then again, I wasn't very active at the time so maybe not testing the waters is why I felt like I was healed.

Hi Karen! You're looking ravishing in your new avatar! Yes, I had the hysterectomy and they left both ovaries. At the time I wasn't diagnosed with PCOS and apparently I didn't have any cysts. I had both of my ovaries out this past June. Other than hot flashes, I haven't had any symptoms. I still probably have estrogen hanging out in my fat cells though! I will not do hormone replacement therapy due to much research. The benefits do not outweigh the risks in my situation. If my menopausal symptoms get worse I might change my mind. My PCOS is the same, just less painful.

I understand your fear of surgery. That is normal to be scared, but we will all be thinking of you and rooting for you!
Old 09-09-2004, 02:29 AM   #11  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC
Whewee, Noodles, that was a long recovery time! I was out of work for 6 weeks with mine, and I felt all normal after 8 weeks.
Yeah...only reason why it took me so long tubal wise was because I basically blew up and bled out so it took my body that long to regenerate I guess. I had the ectopic growing in my left tube and let it go too long and BOOM!! I couldn't even walk..I had to call 9-1-1 to come and get me. The pain was horrible... I almost bled to death.
The humor in it all was the doctor..I had a middle east type of doctor do the surgery. When I got out he tried to break it to me gently..." I sorry. I try to save baby in tube, but tube had big hole...lots of blood, killed baby-killed tube. I am sorry." I don't know why, but I just laughed at the way he said it. I knew there was no way to save anything by the ultrasound. Maybe I had too much ansthesia! hahaha

Well, I'm outta here for a few days!! Off to another 3 days at the river for my birthday. Time to ride the Doos, eat the food, gamble the $$, drink the margaritas, you know what I mean... You girls hold down the fort ok. I shall return!! Probably late Monday.

Old 09-09-2004, 08:04 AM   #12  
WW Moderator

Hey, what day is your birthday, Noodley One?
Old 09-09-2004, 09:33 AM   #13  
Rattie Lover

Umm.... Noodles Pleads the 5th!!

(but it isn't that hard to figure out by my #'s in my name. )
Old 09-10-2004, 06:44 PM   #14  
Swimming Mouse

The first message in this thread said it was 13 days from Sept. 1, that means Sept. 14 to me!

I've done nothing productive: My car broke down in the gym parking lot! For pity's sake, things are supposed to be HEALTHY in the gym! Anyway, the tow driver was great... he got the car started and did laps around the parking lot to get her going... I took the car up to York, and my mom had to come get me from the dealership. I don't know ANYBODY down here that will take their car for service to the Saturn dealerships here in Baltimore. People obviously buy cars from them, but Saturn of York has lots and lots of people who drive from Baltimore to get serviced up there.
Anyway, I didn't get back to Baltimore till nearly 6 pm tonight... Missed work, and everything. I always feel so guilty.
Good news: I have a part-time job! More details when its more official... I'm hired by the person that counts, but haven't signed the paperwork with the HR person.
Old 09-12-2004, 03:04 PM   #15  
WW Moderator

I had a Saturn once, it was nothing but trouble. One of my friends had one that had 200K on it before she retired it and never had a lick of trouble. I need a good mechanic. My car needs to get the once-over before I go to a family reunion next weekend!

I haven't done much formal exercise the last few days. Thursday I had allergy testing done and my back was uber-sore and I didn't want to get sweaty or stretch it in any way. Finally Friday night I felt better and I sanded the attic for 4 hours. Yesterday was more sanding, today was 2 hours of pulling weeds in the hot sun. My arms are nice and sore, so tonight I'll workout but leave that part off.
Closed Thread