PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #196  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

USERNAME/REAL NAME: smsdreamer2007/cassie

BIRTHDAY: Oct. 16, 1989

MARITAL STATUS: Single

SPOUSE’S NAME: N/A

CHILDREN/AGES: N/A

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Friends, psychology, games.

PETS: none

TOP WEIGHT: 320

CURRENT WEIGHT: 243

GOAL WEIGHT: 170-200

HEIGHT: 5'10

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: Natural - Brown current- Black

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: PDX, OR

HOMEPAGE URL: PCOSPersonally.blogspot.com

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Motivation, not letting old habits creep back, staying away from carbs for the most part.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Ive been successful just hit a plateau, what is different? This is for my health for my future kids and future hubby...mainly for me though. I want to be healthy

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU

Diagnosed in may 2007 when I was 17
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:13 PM   #197  
Drive away-not drive thru

S/C/G: 324/ticker/176

Height: 5'11

USERNAME/REAL NAME: HealthyTree/Teresa

BIRTHDAY: August 28, 1980

MARITAL STATUS: Married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Marc

CHILDREN/AGES: 20 months

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Music, Art and Literature

PETS: Cat named Puma

TOP WEIGHT: 324

CURRENT WEIGHT: 245

GOAL WEIGHT: 174

HEIGHT: 5'11

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: Blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Eugene, OR

HOMEPAGE URL: Nothing at the moment

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Stress, Alcohol and Laziness.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Well, this is the first time I've tried to lose such a significant amount of weight and it's been going well so far, so... I believe I will reach my goals. Having faith in myself, I s'pose, is what is causing me to be successful.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU
Diagnosed 10 years ago. Well, amazingly enough, despite the PCOS, I was miraculously able to conceive. She definitely wasn't planned (came before the whole "marriage" part) but was/is the most amazing thing that has happened in my life. Since dropping 70 + lbs I have started to menstruate monthly (4 months in a row-- no birth control involved!!) and I feel that through weight control my PCOS symptoms will lessen and that makes me feel empowered!!
HealthyTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 317/273/135

Height: 5'3

DATE: 2/5/2012

USERNAME/REAL NAME: rozenfrost/Lynzee

BIRTHDAY: May 25th

MARITAL STATUS: none

SPOUSE’S NAME: none

CHILDREN/AGES: none

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: anime, video games, history

PETS: 2 cats

TOP WEIGHT: 317

CURRENT WEIGHT: 273

GOAL WEIGHT: 130-145

HEIGHT: 5'3

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Indiana

E-MAIL ADDRESS: I'll give it to friends

HOMEPAGE URL: Can't post one yet

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Keeping myself from going back to my old lazy self.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Stricter, knowing I need to do this to get healthier and to feel better about myself.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?
Can't really think of anything.
rozenfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:23 AM   #199  
PCOS and Tuesday weigher!

S/C/G: 288/295/175ish?

Height: 5ft4

DATE: January 8th 2012

USERNAME/REAL NAME: knoxie/Kitty

BIRTHDAY: March 17th

SPOUSE’S NAME: none

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: travel, movies, fashion, politics

PETS: 1 cat, Pudding

TOP WEIGHT: 280

CURRENT WEIGHT: 252

GOAL WEIGHT: about 147

HEIGHT: 5'4

EYE COLOR: Green

HAIR COLOR: Dark brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Currently London UK, from TN

E-MAIL ADDRESS: Personal!

HOMEPAGE URL: Don't have one

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Candy and soda, any time and anywhere! Pretty much chocolate and cola.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm getting too old for this not to be the time I finally make it. I'm almost 30 and feel like my life hasn't begun yet because my weight holds me back.

I've been overweight since I was a kid but the real trouble started when I started working at a chocolate factory (really!) when I turned 20

Diagnosed with PCOS when I was 19 and aside from a brief period on Metformin I'm unmedicated. My cycle has magically reappeared since losing 10% bodyweight. Yay!
knoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 231/Ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Buutastic/Brittany

BIRTHDAY: June 9, 1986

SPOUSE’S NAME: Jared

CHILDREN/AGES: 2 1/2

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, writing, traveling

PETS: Kitty

TOP WEIGHT: 231

CURRENT WEIGHT: 165.0

GOAL WEIGHT: 115-130 (shooting for 130 and then I'll reevaluate)

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Dark Brown

OCCUPATION: Writer, stay at home mom, military spouse (trust me, it's an occupation!)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Norfolk, England

HOMEPAGE URL: None

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Not wavering from my destination. Once you start to waver and allow the bad foods in, it gets so much harder to stick to it.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have medifast. This is the easiest and most successful I have ever been, and I know 100% that I will hit my goal.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU: I've been struggling with PCOS since I hit puberty, though I wasn't diagnosed until 18 (7 years ago.) I have the horrible facial hair and acne comes and goes, and obviously weight gain. It's hard to explain to people what having PCOS means, since I usually get a blank stare and nod, like, "Suuuure, that's why you're overweight."
Buutastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #201  

USERNAME/REAL NAME: twindaze/Jenny

BIRTHDAY: July 7

SPOUSE’S NAME: Steve

CHILDREN/AGES: 4 boys - 15, 13, 13, 7

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, school (speech pathology student), photography, watching kids sports

PETS: cat named Maya

TOP WEIGHT: 299

CURRENT WEIGHT: 216

GOAL WEIGHT: 195

HEIGHT: 5'11"

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: light brown

OCCUPATION: I'm working on my MA to become a speech pathologist

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION:Midwest, USA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: boredom, binge eating

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I've already lost 75 lbs, I am resolute to lose. My real difference needs to come in maintaining.

I had irregular periods pretty much always. I was on bc pills to control it when I was young and then had infertility. After my twins were born I started packing on pounds. I've lost it twice, and now I'm on the third go around. I am down 75 lbs since March of 2011 and am working on the last 17 to get me into the "ones." A 25 BMI is about 180 for me. I don't know if I'll get there or not, that's what I weighed when I got married, so I know it's a good weight for me, 170 or 160 would be even better, but I'm thinking in small steps here.

My PCOS is not a result of weight gain, but more the cause (I assume, eating sure plays a role too.) I was perfect normal back in high school/college and never got cycles No one knew what it was then, I got diagnosed via infertility treatment. I have endometriosis as well.

I treat the PCOS with metformin and have for going on 12 years. I'm hoping to avoid developing diabetes, so far so good. Metformin alone regulates my cycles like clockwork, however, I'm losing weight by eating low carb.
twindaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #202  
Workin' towards success!

S/C/G: 278/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Smile

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Jinxy/Sherry

BIRTHDAY: Oct. 31st, 1980

MARITAL STATUS: Married for 11 years

SPOUSE’S NAME: Dave

CHILDREN/AGES: (Stepson) David, 18, and (Son) Bryce, 8 almost 9

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Computer games, board games, reading, family tree, internet, and t.v.

PETS: Reecee (cat)

TOP WEIGHT: 278

CURRENT WEIGHT: 277.2

GOAL WEIGHT: 145-130 range

HAIR COLOR: Light brown with natural blonde highlights.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Florida

E-MAIL ADDRESS: Ask and I might give it to ya...

HOMEPAGE URL: NONE

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Losing weight (keeping it off), keeping up with exercising everyday, resisting salty foods, and staying away from cokes.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have been TTCing since my son was 1 years old so my success will be to see if losing weight will help me to succeed in that department. Also I lack in confidence so I also hope it helps with this as well (Since I am in college afterwords I would like to have that new found confidence to get a job with ).

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2002 by a fertility doctor. Right now my doctor has put me back on BC pills for a couple months so I guess I am on a hiatus from TTCing for a while. She said that it may help to lose weight not only for my health but also maybe for this as well. I would like to gather more knowledge from everyone here about natural remedies or supplements to use after I get off BC. Since I do not have insurance I can not afford all of these fertility treatments so I am basically on my own and lost.

Last edited by Jinxy; 02-10-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Jinxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:23 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 309/309/167

Height: 5"3'

DATE: Feb. 18,2012

USERNAME/REAL NAME: hotsexylaura/ Laura

BIRTHDAY: August 6,1985

MARITAL STATUS: Married 7 years in Sept.

SPOUSE’S NAME: Scott

CHILDREN/AGES:Just my foster children.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Dating my husband, playing with the kids, road trips, sight seeing, crocheting, teaching, learning, reading, meditation, natural remedies. If didn't weigh so much hiking, swimming, boating, camping, biking.

PETS:None

TOP WEIGHT: 309

CURRENT WEIGHT: 309

GOAL WEIGHT:160 ( I haven't been at that weight since middle school.)

HAIR COLOR: Naturally Curly Dark Brown

OCCUPATION: Foster mom and Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Kent, WA

E-MAIL ADDRESS: Don't give that out

HOMEPAGE URL:

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Having had depression since a teen being motivated to get up and move around, not just relying on boxed meals or take out. Staying away from the soda.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am getting closer to my 30s and really want to have my own kids and so I need to lose some weight. I am also sick and tired of not being able to do a lot due the weight. I have two young foster girls right now and I can't play with them as much as I would like because I lack the energy and strength to. I also feel like my life is going on without me.

I was diagnosed with PCOS as a teenager (which at the time was unusual for teens to be diagnosed and the doctors didn't know much) In fact the doctor told me " You have PCOS which means you may never have children if you want to know more go look online". It's been over 10 years since being diagnosed and I am ready to get this thing under control. I am into naturopathic remedies, along with exercise and habit changes hope to gain control without using medications.
hotsexylaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 252/227/175

DATE: Feb. 189,2012

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Sweetie2Ualways/Tammi

BIRTHDAY: July 16, 1983

MARITAL STATUS: Married 6 years together with DH 11

SPOUSE’S NAME: Josh

CHILDREN/AGES:

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Dating my husband, playing with the kids, road trips, sight seeing, crocheting, teaching, learning, reading, meditation, natural remedies. If didn't weigh so much hiking, swimming, boating, camping, biking.

PETS: All doxies; Lollie, Junior and BJ

TOP WEIGHT: 252

CURRENT WEIGHT: 227

GOAL WEIGHT: 175 but would deal with 185

HEIGHT: 5'6

HAIR COLOR: Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Topeka, Kansas

E-MAIL ADDRESS:

HOMEPAGE URL:

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Exercising, I have back problems so it isn’t so easy. I would love to do more buy physically I can’t so it make it harder to lose weight or keep it off.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am almost 30 an tired of saying maybe tomorrow about everything. I have been putting everything off in my life since I was 10 now and as we all know there might not be a tomorrow. AND I want so badly to have children and be able to fit in clothes that everyone else can (my scape goat for the longest was the twins left and right were too big for this shirt and that one)

I have tried 2 rounds of clomid and have been on a slew of bc, I went off my Met a few years ago and was just put back on it. Hopefully the doc says that it will help with losing weight. Btwn the met and BC she is hoping that I will be able to O after a few months and ttc again for the millionth time. Not sure what else to say…
Sweetie2Ualways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 160/130/110

Height: 5'4"

DATE: March 13, 2012

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Allison

BIRTHDAY: Feb 12, 1985

SPOUSE’S NAME: N/A

CHILDREN/AGES: N/A

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Exercising, reading, and art

PETS: Yoko (cat) and Lennon (cat)

TOP WEIGHT: 165

CURRENT WEIGHT: 150

GOAL WEIGHT: 112lbs

HEIGHT: 5'4 1/2

HAIR COLOR: Dark brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Toronto, ON, CA

E-MAIL ADDRESS: N/A

HOMEPAGE URL: N/A

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Lots of stress in my life, losing weight successfully and keep it off, carbs and PCOS

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Being aware of my condition and hopefully responding well to medication

I'll add more later

Last edited by AllisonR; 03-13-2012 at 04:24 PM.
AllisonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #206  

S/C/G: 215

Height: 5'4"

DATE: March 15, 2012

USERNAME/REAL NAME: ktbgg2/ Katie

BIRTHDAY: June 2, 1990

MARITAL STATUS: Not married...yet!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Sports (watching and playing), cooking, still in school for psychology, love the country and the beach, live in the middle of downtown raleigh, in Chi Omega, NCSU wolfpack, family and friends are my everything!

TOP WEIGHT: 215

CURRENT WEIGHT: 195

GOAL WEIGHT: 140-150 Range

OCCUPATION: Student- Just finishing undergrad and going for my PhD

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Raleigh, NC

E-MAIL ADDRESS: Ask if you wanna correspond

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Staying consistently on a diet, I am good during the week but have a hard time not splurging on the weekends and holidays. (I have PCOS plus extreme insulin resistance. I used to play competitive soccer but stopped when I injured my back and came to college.)

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am looking for others who are battling these same problems. Its harder for women like us to lose this weight and I have no one to relate to around here. I am hoping that a support group will keep me driven to my goal.

I am really reaching out to this network of women because my mother died when I was 15 from breast cancer. It has been hard going through puberty and now into womanhood without this guidance. My father tries but its hard for him to understand that no matter how hard I diet or workout this weight is not just going to quickly shed off and it becomes very defeating and frustrating. If there is any advice or support anyone is willing to offer please feel free to contact me either through this forum or privately. Im willing to take all the advice I can get!
ktbgg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #207  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

Height: 5'7

Default New and Overwhelmed

Name: Kate

BIRTHDAY: Oct 3 88

SPOUSE’S NAME: tyler

CHILDREN/AGES: none do bunnies count?

CURRENT WEIGHT: 270

GOAL WEIGHT: 200

HEIGHT: 5'6"

HAIR COLOR: brown

More about me: I was just told that i have PCOS yesterday. Im not really sure where to go from here.. Im feeling very overwhelmed. I just want to take back the control in my life.

Ive used this site before but i was just trying to lose weight, But now i really have to change the way i live my life because of this.
2phatinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #208  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

DATE: March 29, 2012
USERNAME/REAL NAME: Hotaruchan/Rachel
BIRTHDAY: August 11th
MARITAL STATUS: Unmarried but seeing someone awesome <3
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Travel, studying foreign languages and cultures, drawing (badly), playing musical instruments (violin, clarinet, french horn, trumpet, trombone, euphonium, fife...take your pick), going to karaoke, swimming, kendo, comics, video games, wasting time on the internet (curse you, imgur), zombies.
PETS: A yellow lab named Scooter...back in America
TOP WEIGHT: 205 lbs.
CURRENT WEIGHT: 197 lbs.
GOAL WEIGHT: around 140 lbs.
HEIGHT: 5'6''
EYE COLOR: Hazel
HAIR COLOR: Auburn and uncooperative
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Gunma prefecture, Japan
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Hypothyroidism/PCOS/IR make all of my efforts seem useless...it's not that I don't exercise or that I eat particularly badly, but I have a nasty habit of comparing myself to my friends who eat more junk food, exercise less and never gain a pound.
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'll get to see my boyfriend for the first time in 5 months in August. He joined the Navy shortly before I left for Japan and spent a lot of time working hard and getting into shape to meet their requirements. I'm super proud of him and want to at least lose a little weight before then to prove to him (well, really mostly to myself) that I'm worth waiting for. I don't have a car in this country, so will be biking everywhere. I also don't have to worry about cooking for other people, so can cook healthier without making people suffer with me.

よろしくお願いします

Last edited by Hotaruchan; 03-29-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #209  
I WILL be a hot mom!

S/C/G: 257/237/185

Height: 5'7"

Default My Bio - New Here

DATE: April 19th, 2012

USERNAME/REAL NAME: TXBelle1174/Mindy

BIRTHDAY: Nov 1, 1974

SPOUSE’S NAME: Adam

CHILDREN/AGES: Sam - 2 and Jaidenne - 6

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Horses and Horseback riding, gardening, anything outdoors - camping, fishing, hiking, etc.

PETS: Sable - 14yo Rottweiler, Gus - 1yo Brittany Spaniel, Snazzy - 17yo Quarter Horse, Strawberry - 15 yo Quarter Horse, and Aurora the Goldfish

TOP WEIGHT: 257

CURRENT WEIGHT: 236

GOAL WEIGHT: 185

HEIGHT: 5'7

HAIR COLOR: Auburn

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Colleyville, TX - N of Ft Worth

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have multiple issues - PCOS (Syndrome X) with Insulin Resistance, Hypothyroidism, and Fibromyalgia. I also really love sweets and rarely have the energy to get out and do as much exercise as I should. I do what I can, when I can but I know I need to do more.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I finally went to an endocrinologist and got a proper diet plan and am working on treatment for the PCOS and IR. Not only that, I am tired of being overweight and I want to be healthy so that I can play with my kids and not feel like I am going to die.
TXBelle1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:10 AM   #210  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5´4.5

Name: Sarah

BIRTHDAY: April 6th

SPOUSE’S NAME: Xavier

PETS: 2 Golden Retrievers called Buddie and Bobbie and a mean Persian cat named Millie

HIGHEST WEIGHT: 180

CURRENT WEIGHT: 156

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

HEIGHT: 5'4.5

HAIR COLOR: blonde

More about me: I was diagnosed with PCOS 10 years ago after a ruptured cyst. Have had a lot of problems, taken every med and treatment for infertility, and am still babyless. I´ve never had regular periods and currently I have one every couple months with no O. I am just starting my 3rd round of IVF. I have a low egg count and of course due to the PCOS they are bad quality, so if this round doesn´t work we are moving to a donor.
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote