PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:36 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 244/221/130

Height: 5'2"

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Krissiekatt/Kristy

BIRTHDAY: April 16

MARITAL STATUS: Single

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Playing piano, flute and guitar, knitting and crocheting, cooking, baking. I also enjoy walking a lot, which is good, since I don't drive, and public transit isn't always the greatest.

PETS: 2 cats, Rosie and Daisy

TOP WEIGHT: 244

CURRENT WEIGHT: 221

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

HEIGHT: 5'2"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Dark Brown

OCCUPATION: Financial Coordinator (Accountant with no designations)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Hamilton, Ontario

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I lose some weight and then hit a plateau. It's very frustrating, and I've fallen off the bandwagon in the past.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am now armed with medical knowledge about PCOS and why my past attempts to lose weight weren't successful. My doctor's also been very supportive in helping to diagnose and treat my PCOS.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?
When I'm needing some down-time, I love to play video games; especially Guitar Hero. I've found it actually improved my real guitar playing skills. Classic Super Mario is always good too.
krissiekatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:47 PM   #107  

S/C/G: *96/*58/*00

USERNAME/REAL NAME: TCJensen/Tab

BIRTHDAY: Feb 4

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Shopping, relaxing, swimming (in the summer), exercising (now)

PETS: someday

TOP WEIGHT: I don't know, I started to tell the doctors to not tell me about 5 years ago

CURRENT WEIGHT: -36 lbs from top weight

GOAL WEIGHT: dream--> 8/10, reality--> 10/12 (for now)

HEIGHT: 5'5"

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Indiana

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Staying motivated and avoiding temptations.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am completely motivated to be healthy and I am allowing my self to cheat every once and awhile. And the most important for me is a schedule.

I love to spend time with my family. I am really close to my mom and my soon to be mother-in-law. I also like going to car shows!!
TCJensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:25 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 322lbs/260lbs/180lbs

Height: 5'9"

DATE: June 30, 2008

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Lilly Belle/Angie

BIRTHDAY: June 7

SPOUSE’S NAME: N/A

CHILDREN/AGES: N/A

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I love to write (poetry), draw, paint, anything arts and crafty. I also enjoy walking, singing, and on occasion (dancing).

PETS: 1 cat, Cinnabun

TOP WEIGHT: 322lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 260lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 180lbs

HEIGHT: 5'9"

EYE COLOR: dark brown

HAIR COLOR: dark brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: California

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Maintaing it. I'm always gaining. Plus, it's very difficult for me not to snack, and what's worse is that I snack unhealthy and often throughout the day. :/ I also am not a big fan of exercise. I tend to avoid anything that will make me sweat as much as I can.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have replaced the junk food with healthy food. I do still sneak in a cookie here and there, but it's all in moderation. Not often at all like I'm used to.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? This is my 2nd real try at losing weight. I've lost 60lbs since November 2007. The first time I lost weight, it was a crash diet. I lost 100lbs but ended up gaining it all back again, and then some. I'm trying my best to go about this the best way I know how. I hope to recieve some support through here and make new friends that could make this journey a little less difficult.
Lilly Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:49 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

USERNAME/REAL NAME: preetyladyserenity/ Katerina

BIRTHDAY: October 02

MARITAL STATUS: Single!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Writing, singing, cooking and drawing

PETS: 2 Cats, Patchwork and Mirivillis.

TOP WEIGHT: Ever? 140 kg/308 lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 110 kg/ 242 lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: Mini goal 90kg/198 lbs and final goal 65kg/143 lbs

HEIGHT: 165 cm / 5.47 feet.

HAIR COLOR: Curly dark brown but I dye it a tone lighter.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: I am studying in the UK and my homeland is Cyprus.

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Resisting temptations (I have to fight it all the time). Also I am a bit lazy. So I exercise but I can't say I overly-enjoy it.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have lost 66 lbs so far and I want to go all the way to the end. I CAN DO IT!!!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I love computer games (World of Warcraft especially) but my great enjoyment is to write fanfiction to relax!
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:21 PM   #110  

USERNAME/REAL NAME: itsjustme

MARITAL STATUS: Married

CHILDREN/AGES: None

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Crafts, Reading, Traveling, Camping, Internet

PETS: 3 cats and 2 dogs

TOP WEIGHT: 245

CURRENT WEIGHT: 241

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'5

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: USA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Sweets! and Exercise...blah

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I just started seeing a nutritionist and I am more motivated. DH and I both are making better choices, leaving little to no junk food for temptation.
itsjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:18 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 208/-/170

Height: 5'8"

Name: Nadia

BIRTHDAY: July 129, 1988

CHILDREN/AGES: None, Shiba Inu dog named Loki.

HIGHEST WEIGHT: 208

CURRENT WEIGHT: 192

GOAL WEIGHT: 165

HEIGHT: 5'8"

EYE COLOR: Green

More about me: Diagnosed with PCOS after missing periods for 2 years, and slowly gaining weight despite heavy work out schedule. Persistent acne on the face/back/chest that wouldnt go away with drugs. Now on 500mg of metformin 3-4x a day, most of my hormone levels have normalized.

Currently doing the Dr Bernstein Diet on my own, giving my own shots and meds, usually down .5ib a day, and down 16ibs since june 12, the day I started...

I find that saying no to simple sugars/carbs and alcohol is the hardest thing, but nothing tastes as good as slim feels..

Last edited by GoNads; 07-06-2008 at 04:20 PM.
GoNads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:20 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/150

DATE: July 10, 2008

USERNAME/REAL NAME: piperboo/Sara

BIRTHDAY: February 9, 1977

MARITAL STATUS: Married 2 Years on 08/26/08

SPOUSE’S NAME: Jacob

CHILDREN/AGES: Stepdaughter Sydnie, 7

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, theme parks, reality tv

PETS: Boo, Piper Ann and Matty (three cats)

TOP WEIGHT: 286

CURRENT WEIGHT: 263

HEIGHT: 5'8

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Black

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Centerton, Arkansas

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: getting sidetracked after I start.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I finally found out I have PCOS and am on medication for that. Weight loss has been a bit easier this time Plus I want to have a baby so bad...no explanations except for the PCOS....
piperboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 215/ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

DATE: July 10, 2008

USERNAME/REAL NAME: snoozlebug/Elizabeth, but I go by several variations of that

TOP WEIGHT: 225

CURRENT WEIGHT: 199

GOAL WEIGHT: 160

HEIGHT: 5'9"

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: umm, doing everything right and not dropping any lbs.??? Yeah thanks PCOS. I've got Metformin now, so hopefully that will change things. Also, if I'm not seriously concentrating on my health I can get easily sidetracked with pizza, ice cream, beer, cheesy pasta, etc. mmm. But I also do love vegetables I swear.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: When I was 14 or 15 my pediatrician put me on a birth control pill and sort of told me about PCOS due to wacky periods. That was almost a decade ago when less was known about it. Since then most doctors have either ignored or dismissed the condition, until a month ago when I switched to an incredible OB/GYN who actually knows what she's talking about. Switched to Yaz a month ago for BCP and am starting Metformin tomorrow. Getting the true diagnosis and a plan for treatment is what is going to make the difference this time...I'm a little bit of a hypochondriac and the risk for diabetes and heart disease scares the crap out of me.

UPDATE 6-18-09 - Lack of Internet at work has made it difficult to stay current with this community, but now that summer's rolled around and I have more time off, I'm so glad to be back and get on track. Thanks for being here, chickies!

Last edited by snoozlebug; 06-18-2009 at 12:44 PM. Reason: wow it's been a year almost!
snoozlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:22 AM   #114  
Determined to lose!

DATE: August 12th 2008

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Lori

MARITAL STATUS: single

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Bible study, My dog, HIking.

PETS: My georgous dog Jade

TOP WEIGHT: 196

CURRENT WEIGHT: 178

HEIGHT: 5'3"

HAIR COLOR: Light Brown

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Not planning my menus!!!! When I plan I stick to plan!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Being equipped with information on how foods interact with my body! Having a fuller understanding of the GI factors in food!
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:18 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 186/142/135

Height: 5'2

DATE: August 14th 2008

USERNAME/REAL NAME: hopefully/Steph

MARITAL STATUS: married

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: photography, technology

PETS: 2 cats

TOP WEIGHT: 186

CURRENT WEIGHT: 186

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

EYE COLOR: Brown

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I haven't tried to lose weight by controlling food as strictly as I should. I have always relied on exercise with limited results.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm paying attention to food and determined to get this weight off. I'm starting the Dr. B diet on Monday and have some reservations about it. I know it works, but I'm wondering if it will really work for me, given that I have PCOS.
hopefully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:28 AM   #116  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 378/372.9/230

USERNAME/REAL NAME: JLNorman2487/Jennifer

BIRTHDAY: February 24, 1987

MARITAL STATUS: March will be 3 yrs will BF, soon to be Fiance! IF he ever asks! LOL

SPOUSE’S NAME: No spouse yet, but his name is Joshua

CHILDREN/AGES: None yet, something I want more than anything in this world, yet it something in God's hands at this point.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Scrapbooking, swimming, skating(though I haven't done it in a LONG time), spending time with my family.

PETS: None

TOP WEIGHT: 378

CURRENT WEIGHT: 372

GOAL WEIGHT: 230ish

HEIGHT: 5'7

HAIR COLOR: Brunette

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Vancouver, WA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I was diagnosed with PCOS on my 16th birthday after having 1 period when I was 14 then no more....period, unless I have Birth Control. The biggest problem growing up was the people pushing me to do it. I never wanted to do it. My doctor always told me that the only person that can do it is myself and I can't do it unless I'm ready. I'm now to the point where I'm more than ready. I tried the Weight Watchers CORE plan, but never found portion control on it. I'm currently on the Flex plan and am very strict about writing down my points and staying in my point limitation, so far i've lost 5.1 lbs!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm able to pretty much eat what I want as long as I count my points and not feel like I'm "CHEATING" doing it.

As I'm sure majority of you other ladies on here who are struggling with infertility know how important it is to want a child so bad, but having to hear thats one thing you may not be able to have. That is the reason I'm trying to better myself. So that I may give my one day child the opportunity to have a life, a life that is much better than the one I have struggled through. God will be with me through it and has a plan for my body. He knows how much I want a child(ren), and he knows when the time will be right.

Its nice to meet you all, I hope to get to know you all better!
JLNorman2487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:59 AM   #117  
A chocoholic on a diet!

S/C/G: 124/119/80 Kilograms

Height: 5' 7"

Lightbulb

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Chocoholix/Tina

BIRTHDAY: January 4th, 1978

MARITAL STATUS: Married

SPOUSE’S NAME: George

CHILDREN/AGES: John and Cody 2.9 year old twins

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, car rides, reading and writing blogs. Sewing, making stuffed animals.

PETS: Beau the Blue Siamese

TOP WEIGHT: 274

CURRENT WEIGHT: 264

GOAL WEIGHT: 160

HEIGHT: 5'7

HAIR COLOR: Auburn turning gray really fast

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Europe

HOMEPAGE URL:
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: My hectic, unpredicable way of life, plus about 3 years worth of hormones and chemicals from my attempts to get pregnant. Plus because of my way of life/long hours of work/stress level with dealing with bringing food on the table and with special needs children, food is really my only reward and comfort.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Starting treatment for my thyroid problems, starting Met for my PCOS and being scared I will die because of the poor state my body is in and I what will happen to my sons then?

I am very tired of people treating me differently because I am overweight.
I don't want to be judged because of my weight by people who don't know anything about my healthy issues and life.
I am the mom of twins conceived after years of hormone treatments. Pre-trying to conceive I was 150lbs ... I still had thyroid problems but they were under control.
Doctors, unable to get me pregnant, treated me like a lab rat and I took every treatment under the sun. In 3 years I gained 100lbs. Of course my emotional state when I was not able to conceive and the fact I locked myself in the house contributed to eating more...
After a difficult pregnancy I had to deal with a baby with special needs alone. I am the main breadwinner of the family and I work long hours. I have no time for myself between the boys' therapies, the house and work.
My thyroid condition worsened, I am now grossly overweight and I am insulin resistant. However this time around the doctors are more careful and will treat me.

I am very scared something will happen to me and I will leave my boys without a mother.
I don't very well most of the time which is why I sought help. I want to get thinner and healthier so that I can run and play with my sons... I don't care about pretty clothes or a model figure. I just want to feel better...
Chocoholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:53 PM   #118  
Kittyno

S/C/G: 212/190/150

Height: 5'2"

DATE: 9/11/2008

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Kittyno/Ashleigh

BIRTHDAY: 9/13/84

MARITAL STATUS: In a serious relationship, no money for marriage yet!

SPOUSE’S NAME: Stefan

CHILDREN/AGES: none

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Photography, Debate team at my college, Painting, stumbleupon.com is kind of an addiction of mine too!

PETS: None yet, but hopefully we'll someday have two newfies when we have a house with a nice fenced in yard!

TOP WEIGHT: 212 lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 196 lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 140 lbs

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Michigan

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Controlling impulse-eating. when I'm in school, I'm very busy and seldom get 3 squares a day (but I always eat breakfast!), but when I'm home with nothing to do, I tend to snack a lot.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am trying to keep busy, even on the weekends. I participate on my college's debate team and I am taking 18 credits, so I don't need to try very hard! I've lost 13 lbs in the past 4 months! I'm happy with this weight loss, because when you lose it gradually, you're more likely to keep the weight off. Now that my PCOS is being treated, it's making a big difference. Before, I would eat 1,000 calories a day and I was still gaining weight for over a year (60 lbs!).

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Just some advice for those who keep reading all that crap on the internet that says it's possible for you to lose 25 lbs in a month: Crash dieting is bad. Depriving yourself is bad. Eat what you like, but make better choices. Take care of yourself, you only get one body! It's a struggle, but it's worth it because you feel so much better.
kittyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 04:40 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 256/244/140

Height: 5'2

Wink

Name: Monica

BIRTHDAY: March 4th, 1984

MARITAL STATUS: I'm not married, but I live with my boyfriend, we have been together for 3 years

SPOUSE’S NAME: Tim

CHILDREN/AGES: Well, we have 4 pets do they count as children? We have Tabbie, the grumpy old cat, Chloe the most social cat ever and two guinea pigs, Demitri and Babe.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 220

GOAL WEIGHT: I would love to be back down to 130-140...

HEIGHT: 5'2

HAIR COLOR: Orginally it's brown, right now it's brown, red and blonde

OCCUPATION: I work at a psychotherapy office as an evening receptionist and I go to school full time. I am majoring in Psychology.

More about me: I was semi-diagnosed when I was 18...my period still wasn't coming reguraly and my doctor said, "Well it COULD be PCOS." At 20 I joined a study at Northwestern Medical Hospital for women with PCOS and YUP, that's the problem. I have elevated testorone(I know that's probably spelled wrong) and cysts on my ovaries. At the time I was diagnosed I was 250. I also found out I had insulin resistence.

I ended up leaving the study because I wasn't willing to go off birth control. After that I started to see an endocronoligist (also spelled wrong) who helped me a lot. Explained the diet I should be doing, ect ect. Well needless to say I have kept his thoughts in mind but haven't really followed them.

Now I am on metformin, taking my diet more seriously and try to squeeze in a few workouts every now and then. between work and school getting to the gym isn't always easy. I am normally on the go from 7am until 11pm at night...leaving me just enough time to collapse in my bed and pass out.

Well, I guess that's all for now!
Raye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:22 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Beaka/ Leslie

BIRTHDAY: August 23

SPOUSE’S NAME: N/A

CHILDREN/AGES: N/A

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, arts and crafts, movies, shopping

PETS: N/A

TOP WEIGHT: 250

CURRENT WEIGHT: 245

GOAL WEIGHT: 180

HEIGHT: 5'5"

HAIR COLOR: black

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Atlanta

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I'm not consistent. I go through random spurts of dedication and then slip back into not taking care of myself

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I think I'm finally fed up with the weight. I've done well in every other aspect of my life and it's the only thing I feel I have left that I need to work on.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I've been on birth control since I was 17 for irregular periods. About 2 years ago a doctor diagnosed me with PCOS. For the past year I slacked off on my treatment, and got back with a doctor about a month ago. This time I'm sticking with the treatment and sticking with the weight loss. I'm currently on ortho-trycyclen and metformin.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote