PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 05-14-2017, 04:37 PM   #1  

Exclamation I need HELP for my 16 year old daughter!!

My daughter was diagnosed with PCOS at 15 (last summer). Her hormones are in the normal range but has she "tons" of cysts & cystic acne. She is an athlete & is very active. She has put on about 10lbs since taking birth control pills (bcp). We have gone ketogenic in our diet since Jan. 1 but she still has not lost the weight. We have been on 3 different bcp including Yaz & Yasmine (spelling?). She bleeds at least 2 out of 4 weeks on these pills. She went from rarely having to deal with a cycle to dealing with it 1/2 of the time. The dr. wants to try yet another higher estrogen bcp but says she can't stay on it for more than a year b/c of the high amount of estrogen.

These bcp have made my daughter very moody, tired (due to all the blood loss) & angry. She can't control her emotions & recently asked to stop taking the bcp all together. I have sent an email to her dr. asking if we could just take a 2 month break before starting this mega estrogen bcp.

My questions are this: 1. Has anyone been successful regulating their cycle without using bcp? 2. If so, how? We need a miracle here!!
spreadkindness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pcos without bcp