3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support-70/)
-   -   PCOS Support Thread for Spring (Mar - May) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support/312652-pcos-support-thread-spring-mar-may.html)

astrophe 03-13-2017 09:27 AM

PCOS Support Thread for Spring (Mar - May)

Welcome to Spring months! :carrot:

Check in and let us know how you are!

Here is the old thread.

For the round up this month:
  • How are you?
  • How's the PCOS?
  • What are you working on now as goals?
  • How successful were you for past season on your goals?

A.

astrophe 03-13-2017 09:29 AM

How are you?

I am well. Still attending college. I'm on my last class of the term and looking forward to summer.

How's the PCOS?

About to see my doc for new labs... so I'll check back in when I know.

What are you working on now as goals?

More exercise. I am terrible at doing it consistently. Fitbit helps, and after a while of that, I started doing a workout DVD at night. Dh is joining me so having a workout buddy helps.

How successful were you for past season on your goals?

Maintaining, but wanting to do more.

A.

JesikaBeth 03-14-2017 08:18 AM

Hello Everyone :wave:

•How are you?

I'm ok I suppose. Just getting over the flu and dealing with grief issues surrounding the recent passing of my mom. But hanging' in there.

•How's the PCOS?

Actually, my moods have improved since starting the supplement Myo-Inositol. Before I felt like I was PMS'ing all of the time and could cry at the drop of a hat (and often did!) Much Much better on this supplement, gratefully so! As for the logistics of it - still not getting my periods regularly at all, maybe once ever two or three months, and they are unpredictable in nature. I cannot go on birth control for various reasons, but since my moods have leveled out, I can pretty much live with the wacky periods - at least thus far. Not TTC now or in the future, so kinda status quo for now.

•What are you working on now as goals?

Well, weight loss! LOL. I've lost about 90 pounds thus far, and have somewhere around 55 pounds left to go to my UGW. Doing Weight Watchers, and doing well on it. The first week I lost 6 pounds and the second week I lost 4.4 pounds. Next weigh in day is tomorrow = Wed 03/15.

•How successful were you for past season on your goals?

Not too much so, my weight plateaued for many months, and then my mom passed away, so I actually gained 14 pounds back. But I'm back on track now!

Have a great day everyone! :flow1: :flow1: :flow1:

JesikaBeth 03-14-2017 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astrophe (Post 5305827)
How are you?

I am well. Still attending college. I'm on my last class of the term and looking forward to summer.

How's the PCOS?

About to see my doc for new labs... so I'll check back in when I know.

What are you working on now as goals?

More exercise. I am terrible at doing it consistently. Fitbit helps, and after a while of that, I started doing a workout DVD at night. Dh is joining me so having a workout buddy helps.

How successful were you for past season on your goals?

Maintaining, but wanting to do more.

A.

Howdy :wave:

I too am so bad about exercise. Plus my job is pretty sedentary. I agree though FitBit does help, at least to keep me mindful of my activity level, through steps or activity that I wouldn't generally consider 'exercise'. So that's something ;) Very cool about your hubby joining you in working out. My wife and I are doing WW together. It definitely helps!