Cerazette & PCOS

• Hi Everyone

I am new on here, but read some really interesting threads which were quite helpful so thought I would get your opinions on this.

I am 41, overweight but not obese, a smoker, and have been on Diannette for about 12 years. Have severe problems with my kidneys with an illness called Loin Pain Haematuria Syndrome, have severe PCOS, am insulin resistant, recently been diagnosed with endometriosis, blah blah blach - sorry won't bore you all with the rest. I have had two kidney autotransplants (both my kidneys removed and transplanted into my pelvis, again for reasons I won't bore you with), but they think this is what has caused my endometriosis.

Anyway, to cut a very long story short, both my doctor and my gynae have now refused to prescribe my Diannette for me anymore, which I am gutted about as it controlled my PCOS brilliant. My doctor last night has now prescribed Cerazette 75mg 1 and day, with no break (I didn't have break whilst on the Diannette as my periods are horrendous). I am on 1500mg metformin a day.

My question is (I have seen some absolute horror stories about the Cerazette, but i suppose you will get that with any drug if you research it), but I was wondering if anyone else out there, over 40, overweight, smoker, on Cerazette, and what their opinion of it it. I have read that the ingredient within Cerazette is one of the best mini-pills with PCOS etc.

I am so nervous about it as I say, because my Diannette was perfect, but maybe this new one will be my absolute wonder pill and turn my life around lol!! (Oh meant to mention I do actually need this as a contraceptive).

Your thoughts, opinions, experiences would be most appreciated, as us over 40s don't seem to write much about this, it seems to be those in their 20s who write more about these things.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story and would love to hear from you.

Many thanks, Sarah x

• It looks like not a lot of people are in the same situation as you are.

I hope the new BCP works for you.
  • Yes it would appear I am out there on my own, but it was worth a try. Thanks.
  • The other thing, that you can consider if you this new pill doesn't work, is to try a non-hormonal option and see if you can control your PCOS through diet/exercise.