3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support-70/)
-   -   2013 Sept / Oct PCOS Support Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support/287616-2013-sept-oct-pcos-support-thread.html)

astrophe 09-16-2013 02:01 PM

2013 Sept / Oct PCOS Support Thread

Where is everyone? Come on out! Tell us how you are! :carrot:
  • Who is here this month?
  • How are you?
  • How was last month?
  • How is your PCOS management last month?
  • What are you going to work on?

A.

astrophe 09-16-2013 02:04 PM

Who is here this month?

Me, but semi lurky. Alzheimer care is taking up a LOT of time right now. Sigh.

How are you?

In good spirit all things considered.

How was last month?

Challenging for eldercare. As far as my OWN health, improving.

How is your PCOS management last month?

I'm noticing a big difference in my energy slump with the prescription Vitamin D and the sublingual B12. I'm trying to ramp up to 3 Metformin this month.

What are you going to work on?

Exercise experiments continue -- I'm not on any schedule though I'd like to be.

Right not it's solving the energy problem first and just fitting something in somewhere. Mainly bike and swim for now since those are handiest. I got a new yoga DVD to try though.

A.

interzone 09-20-2013 04:38 PM

Hi ladies! :D

Who is here this month?
Me! I intro'd here in 2012 after my twins were born, found out I was pregnant again (surprise!) at my annual GYN appointment,and had #3 5 weeks ago

How are you?
Super exhausted but really happy.

How was last month?
Eating-wise, not so hot. I really fell off the low-carb wagon and wolfed down as much junk as I could get my hands on. I only started exercising again a week ago, so I'm hoping to carve out time for that and get my diet cleaned up

What are you going to work on?
Eating better! I'm going to go cold turkey on all the cakes/cookies/candies and get myself back on a normal eating schedule. It'll be awful a first but I know I'll feel so much better after a couple of weeks. Now that it's finally cooling off in TX I also want to do more outside exercise with the kiddos.

Michelle125 09-23-2013 01:22 PM

Who is here this month? Me! I'm a long time poster on 3FC and with each diet attempt I'm on and off the boards. I could write a book called 101 diets!

How are you? I'm doing really well this month. Really focusing on herbs and eating and exercise. No gimmicks.

How was last month? Not so good. My symptoms were really wreaking havoc full speed ahead.

How is your PCOS management last month? It was starting to get better. I'm starting to realize there's no magic "way" or pill. But I am finding certain things that are working for me as an individual.

What are you going to work on? Exercising and supplements, and supporting my biochemistry.

veroden 10-09-2013 10:43 AM

Who is here this month?: I am! Although I am new to this forum.

How are you?: Not too bad, I have an endometrial biopsy on the 14th, a bit nervous about that.

How was last month?: Great! I have lost 45 pounds since January and had done some blood work last month and everything came back good. I am no longer insulin resistant!! And the only hormone that showed up weird was a slightly high testosterone level, but not too bad.

How is your PCOS management last month?: Could have been better.

What are you going to work on?: I am really watching my carbs now and starting to exercise more.

Rana 10-26-2013 10:04 PM

Oh, I'm not around, but I'll drop in to say hi!

I've been super busy with work and school and everything else that both coming here and even attending to my weight loss has taken a back seat.

I'm feeling a little relief so I've been focused again and after the next couple of weeks, I'll be able to focus some more (although I will be focused in the next two weeks, but I'll be traveling...).