3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support-70/)
-   -   How often do you weigh in? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support/285889-how-often-do-you-weigh.html)

CourtneyTx 08-06-2013 09:05 PM

How often do you weigh in?

I'm just wondering how often everyone is weighing themselves.

I told myself I'd do it once a week but I catch myself taking a peek before I should and then I get disgruntled.

I'm wondering if I should lock up that scale and just do a weigh in once every 2 wks or once per month?

Any input would be good!!

nomorejellybeans 08-06-2013 09:30 PM

I weigh every 4-5 days. I'm on my own plan so I like to keep track. I don't think it is wise to weigh every day. Too many changes in our bodies. Good luck to you :) Looks like you're doing great!

lazylioness 08-06-2013 10:48 PM

I weigh every morning, but Sunday is the only day that counts.

Hubs on the other hand has to be reminded to weigh in once a week lol.

Personally I say weigh in as much as makes you comfortable. If you find yourself getting frustrated and obsessed put the scale away for a few days

Rhiko 08-07-2013 12:02 AM

I used to do it everyday, but now I do it 1-2 times a week. I make a point of doing it the 4th of every month because that's my weigh-in day to check my overall progress. :) I only stopped weighing myself everyday because I stopped actively dieting for a month or two, so now I don't care if I weigh myself lol

CourtneyTx 08-07-2013 07:00 AM

Thanks Everyone, I will keep with that 1 time per week. I think I need to lock up the scale the rest of the week seriously! lol

Rana 08-07-2013 09:18 AM

All the freaking time!

I do it in the mornings, which is the "official" weight, although Saturday's weigh-in is how I track my overall weekly progress. I know my weight fluctuates otherwise.

I weigh myself at night too just to see what might happen in the morning.

astrophe 08-08-2013 10:45 AM

Several times a day because I think it is fun to watch it go up and down. I know I have a 3 lb "window of jiggle" and I can tell when period is coming when I bloat UP suddenly and WHOOSH down really fast.

But I write it down once a week for tracking fitness progress. Measuring tape once a month.

A.

beerab 08-26-2013 09:16 PM

Every morning, helps me stick to the diet and try to account for any weight surges.

mhill0823 09-09-2013 10:45 AM

I try to use a general rule of weighing once a week. I sneak every once in awhile and check it out... and sometimes I skip a week because I just know I won't like the results and I want to keep my motivation!

kimicat76 06-07-2014 03:53 PM

I weigh in everyday. It helps me keep better track of my intake for the day. I can tell when I have had too much salt lol

LRH 06-07-2014 07:23 PM

Depends on you. I weigh every day. When I stop, I stop everything and before long, all the weight is back! I don't let the little fluctuations get to me. It's better for me to stay informed and accountable.