PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #1  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Default 2013 June PCOS Support Thread

Round up for June!
  • Who is here this month?
  • How are you?
  • How was last month?
  • How is your PCOS management last month?
  • What are you going to work on in June?

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Who is here this month?

ME, astrophe.

How are you?
Surprisingly well given all the eldercare crazy going on with one patient. Things are not looking good there at ALL. That part is worrying/sad but the rest I'm managing to keep mostly balanced and mostly sane.

How was last month?

I do not know. I have to think about it. I'm living day-to-day here with all the healthcare so it's hard to think about it from a "month" persepctive.

How is your PCOS management last month?

Ok? Labs were great. I have a new endoc appt this month.

What are you going to work on in June?
Eldercare, and fitness.
If not for weight loss for stress management for sure.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #3  
Starting over

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Who is here this month?

VeggieDawg!

How are you?
So-so.
My biggest obstacle lately is motivation. I've been slacking badly. Not exercising regularly and not keeping track of my eating like before. I guess I ran out of steam....

How was last month?

Well, I've also been sick and that help me not eat soooo much, LOL.
My weight is down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey! Whoo hoo! But, I saw a picture of myself recently and I still have a lot to lose.

And no weight loss this past week.

Regular cycle. Check. Always waxing, that will never change.

I want to lose another 10lbs for the July 4th challenge. Tighten up on my eating habits and get out walking/jogging again.
I'll be at the swimming hole all next month with my kids so I want to be feeling ok in a bathingsuit.
veggiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Who is here this month?

I'm not here, but I wanted to jump in and say something anyway!

How are you?

In a rut. Work has been crazy busy and I've been traveling a lot, so it's been hard to lose weight while I've had all of this on my shoulders.

So, I guess I'm also tired and trying to figure this out.

How was last month?

Eh. May was okay. I didn't gain more weight, which I guess is half the battle.

For everything else, it was GREAT. I got a promotion at work and we're figuring out salary increase and all that great stuff. I've already started the work and I think I'm going to love it. But it's so much work.

Good. Despite everything and not losing weight, I am consuming my vitamins, I know what I have to eat (I just eat too much of it) and I am still exercising when I'm not traveling (and even when I do travel, I try to move whether it's walking to places or going to the gym).

To maintain again. I had a great week this past week. I got back from travel and I said to myself I was going to have a perfect Paleo week and I did. And of course, the water weight came off. In fact, if I ate every week like I did this past week, I would be back on track with the weight loss.

I guess that's my answer.

Because I had lost weight AND I was riding my bike so many miles, I had introduced extra calories and didn't suffer the consequences. But as my exercise level went down those extra calories did not, and that's where the weight has been coming from. I hadn't been able to do a whole week like this before because May was such a social month, April was a travel month, and March I had visitors... (Excuses, excuses)....

So, I will continue to be traveling, so I'm not sure how much I will be here, especially with some of the deadlines and other work I have to do... but when I'm back in full force in the middle of July, I'll be focused again.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I should say that i guess I lost weight? I just changed my weight tracker from 174 to 171.6. Yay?
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #6  
Starting over

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Definite "YAY!" LOL
veggiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #7  

Who is here this month?

Hello all I'm new here! Yay!

How are you?

Well I'm doing my best lol, today I only worked out a whopping 20 minutes, I've been doing 30-40. But I went to the dentist and the only free time I had to work out my left side of my face was still half numb so breathing through that side of my nose was just funky!

I'm in my TOM - wish that would go away already, so the scale is moving less very very sucky. I'm hoping by the end of the week it will start moving again.

I'm doing great with the low carb / healthy food only part go me!

How was last month?

This month is all new for me

Not good obviously lol but I'm here and as of 2 weeks ago I'm starting a fresh new life! Healthy better me here I come

Routine work outs, good healthy eating habits, and sorting out this hair loss BS - starting Saw Palmetto tomorrow I'll post if it helps I'm going to start the essential oil route for my hair as well I'll also post if that works too
CourtneyTx is offline   Reply With Quote