PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 05:37 PM   #1  

Default books about PCOS

Do any of you have any good books to recommend about PCOS? I'm especially interested in books that are concerned with eating plans or weight loss issues for PCOS.

Thanks,

Nancy
Old 06-08-2003, 11:08 AM   #2  

Post Books, and more books...

Nancy,

You can check out the PCOS Diet Book by Collette Harris. She's also written another book just on pcos called PCOS: A Woman's Guide to Dealing with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.

Other diet plans for pcos focus on lowering carbs and can be found in books on the Atkins Diet and The Zone. The Insulin Resistance Diet where you link the proteins and carbs at each meal (basically for every 14g carbs, you must link 7g protein) has been successful for some with pcos. Another plan to look at is in the book Glucose Revolution by Jenni Brand-Miller which uses the glycemic index as a guide.

Hope this helps!

NJCyster
Old 06-08-2003, 07:37 PM   #3  

Thanks NJCyster for your suggestions. I have heard that Colette Harris's book is good. I also like the sound of the Insulin Resistance diet. I've tried Atkins and lost on it, but can't seem to stick to it for longer than a month.

Nancy
Old 06-10-2003, 09:08 AM   #4  

I really liked "Polycystic Ovary Syndrome-The hidden epidemic". By Samuel S Thatcher. Its really informative even though its a few years old. He's a member of inciid, the top organization on infertility.
Closed Thread