3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support-70/)
-   -   (skin) TAG YOU'RE IT! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support/282482-skin-tag-youre.html)

alyssarinker 05-28-2013 02:49 PM

(skin) TAG YOU'RE IT!

Does anyone know if it's possible to get rid of skin tags? I'm so tired of mine - i just want to rip them off! I only have 2 small ones on my neck.

elvislover324 05-28-2013 03:14 PM

I know this won't help you at the moment but once I lost weight, all of mine went away and I never got them again (knock on wood!).

My insurance would pay for me to go to a dermatologist without a referral but I was always too embarrassed.

I wouldn't try to remove them yourself though, you don't want it get infected.

caryesings 05-28-2013 03:38 PM

I used to cut the ones off I could reach and have the dermatologist snip the ones I couldn't, but like elvislover324, I don't get them since losing weight. Now some of them make sense to me that weight/rubbing would be an issue, but other locations I can't figure out how weight had anything to do with them, but there definitely was a correlation for me.

time2lose 05-28-2013 03:41 PM

My family doctor clipped several off of me for the price of the normal visit, just clip clip clip. It stung a bit but was not bad. He said that he could give me shots to numb each one but the shots would be worse than him clipping them. I am very glad that I did it.

geoblewis 05-28-2013 05:38 PM

I've gone to the dermatologist a couple times for the "tag harvest". I have a fresh crop ready to be picked, one is right in my eyelashes and I don't like that one at all!

Nice to hear they will go away with the weight loss.

Wisertime 05-28-2013 06:30 PM

I've had a couple of small ones in the past and I used Compound W (wart remover). I applied it once or twice and they dried up & fell off in a few days.

joefla70 05-28-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alyssarinker (Post 4755080)
Does anyone know if it's possible to get rid of skin tags? I'm so tired of mine - i just want to rip them off! I only have 2 small ones on my neck.

I've actually done just that. They never came back! :)

IanG 05-28-2013 09:34 PM

I hope mine go. I have had big ones that really hurt! Clipping? OMG!

NemesisClaws 05-29-2013 09:48 AM

Mine are always under my arms. I've gone to a dermatologist in the past to have them sprayed off. It stayed tag free for a long time, but now I have one new one. Sighs.

I'm waiting to see if any more crops up before I make another appointment. And I have tried over the counter wart measures, but they never did a thing for me.

alyssarinker 05-30-2013 02:21 PM

Just the thought of clipping made me cringe! LOL I have two on my neck.

wisertime, the wart stuff is pretty painless right? I think i might try that.

Wisertime 05-30-2013 08:59 PM

Alyssa - yes it was painless. When I used it, the skin tags were small and on my neck. I can't say how it would work on a bigger one.

alyssarinker 05-31-2013 04:13 PM

Okay great, mine are really small and on my neck as well. Cant wait to give it a try!

ikesgirl80 06-01-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvislover324 (Post 4755103)
I know this won't help you at the moment but once I lost weight, all of mine went away and I never got them again (knock on wood!).

My insurance would pay for me to go to a dermatologist without a referral but I was always too embarrassed.

I wouldn't try to remove them yourself though, you don't want it get infected.

When I read your post, I started feeling around at my skin tags. I have them around my eyes, under my arms, and 2 on my chest.

I just noticed that they are MUCH smaller than they used to be, and several are gone!

Thanks for reminding me of a NSV!

Chris

CourtneyTx 06-19-2013 11:10 AM

I have two small skin tags, they don't bother me at all but now I want to try to remove them.

Clipping just sounds so painful.

I read somewhere that iodine drops on a qtip swabbed on it once a day will work.

It will dry them up and they'll go away, it can take from days to weeks...

Anyone use this method? :smug:

Fluffyfoodie 06-19-2013 11:24 AM

I've been considering trying wart remover because the ones on my neck are starting to bug me. There is a thing called Tag Away that's supposed to make them fall off but you have to apply consistently for 6 weeks and it's like $20 for a tiny bottle. I had one on my waist that bothered me to the point that I just yanked it off. I wouldn't recommend that but if they're hanging on by a tiny bit of skin you can probably snip without pain or infection.