3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support-70/)
-   -   depress - whhhatt (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support/280332-depress-whhhatt.html)

alyssarinker 04-24-2013 09:01 PM

depress - whhhatt

So I've had a lot weighing on me lately - mostly my less than awesome weight. But something else has been on my mind. With having pcos I'm thinking maybe I'm just not meant to ever have kids. I so desperately want one down the road.. but maybe it was gods plan for me to be this way. Having friends w kids I know they will not understand how I'm feeling... has anyone else felt this way? :?:

Michelle125 04-24-2013 10:14 PM

I've felt that way, too. I don't ovulate or get a cycle at all, and I'm pretty much around that age where my hubby and I should be trying. It's kind of scary. I don't want to go on fertility meds later on... trying my hardest to regulate myself now. However, I've heard a ton of success stories from women with PCOS having kids... and lots of them!! Don't worry. Focus on real foods that come from earth/pasture to table. Focus on your health. It will all fall into place eventually!

zoesmom 04-24-2013 10:18 PM

Heh. Yeah. While not PCOS, I have a similar story. Back in June of 2008 I was told I needed a full hysterectomy due to severe endometriosis. I was 25. My best friend was pregnant. I had just been told I could never have kids. I was heartbroken. Surgery was scheduled for late October. September 15th, I took a pregnancy test because well, why not? Last time I would ever be able to, so might as well. Only, it was positive. The fear of tubal pregnancy was high, but that fear was soon discovered to hold no grounds. 6 months of complete bed rest, a premature baby, and a whole heck of a not believing I was actually living this life has netted me a very healthy 4 year old. I still have my lady bits. They said I couldn't and I did. By god, I want to try for number two. I might not make it, but I can try. And that is what matters.

PCOS means you might not, but it doesn't mean you won't. Worst of worst, there is adoption. You are not doomed to be childless if you have faith.

:hug: I remember your pain. It sucks. Know you have support.

Showstoppa1120 04-24-2013 10:46 PM

I understand exactly what you are going through. Me and my boyfriend have been together 11 years we don't use any kind of protection. So I'm praying tht by me losing this weight will help regulate my cycle and I will ovulate. I will be 30 this year and I'm hoping this will be our year. He says he will still love me no matter which I believe but it hurts tht I might not be able to give him a child. I know adoption is an option but I just want tht feeling of caring my baby inside of me. If Lord willing it will happen for both of us we just have to keep the faith I've seen a lot of success stories on these forums so it helps me to keep my hopes up. Sorry about my rambling but just wanted to say I understand exactly how you feel

astrophe 04-25-2013 01:13 AM

You are not alone and it is ok to feel whatever you feel.

I remember when I got the dx I was struggling with the thought of being barren or struggling with infertility. And I still conceived kid on cycle day 53 just on metformin. I didn't want to deal in IVF, and clomid was my line in the sand. We were also open to adoption and still could be.

There is hope, and if you feel parenting is in the raising of the child more than anything else,there's no reason you can't grow your family in ways other than the "bio kid" way.

Take the time you need to mourn the dx if it is fresh still, but don't let it consume you. You are more than PCOS. You may have it, but it doesn't have to have YOU.

hugs
A.

alyssarinker 04-25-2013 08:41 AM

You guys are great. Instantly bringing me back to sanity! It's tough not to get down on yourself, but you all helped me realize there is hope.

I can't wait to tell my child - you see those mommys over there, they didn't have to do much to get pregnant.. but me I've been to **** and back just to have you here, now.

zoesmom, great job for not giving up hope when you had EVERY reason to. You all are strong women. I will keep those words of advice in my mind!

veggiedawg 04-25-2013 09:25 AM

I'm glad you are feeling better about things. I too went through a lot to have my first child and was 30 when I gave birth.

I was actually about to give up for good when I got pregnant. We had decided that IVF was not an option and that was that. (so, this was my last cycle with Femara...Clomid did not work however, just Met. did but I m/c)

Funny, after all that, next two kiddo's came to be without any drugs!:dizzy:

alyssarinker 04-25-2013 09:45 AM

Oh wow! Thats awesome!! I would like to be one and done - but whose to say. def after having this i will not take fertility for granted. Although I hope not to be like the Dugers, what are they 20 and counting!?! Curse her.