PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189.4/173.8/150

Height: 6'

Default Estronol and PCOS....???

Im not sure if this is in the right place on the forum.. but oh well. SO. I was told that estronol helps with PCOS symptoms and aides in weight loss (with PCOS) does anyone know if this is correct! Im not sure if its a reliable source or not. Im not sure what estronol DOES, and id like to know what im putting into my body thanks!
KatieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

There is a PCOS forum here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...ce-support-70/

This is the definition of Estronol.

Personally after having read it -- and I have PCOS too -- I would think carefully about why you would take it. PCOS is related to a hormone imbalance, but you would have to figure out if your estrogen is low or not (and hopefully why, to address the issue at the source).

I don't take estrogen in any form, but my first doctor who diagnosed me, essentially wanted to balance my extra testosterone by putting me on estrogen-heavy BCP. That didn't fix PCOS.

My issue is related to the endocrine system, which is "fixed" by balancing that system, rather than just throwing more hormones into the mix.

Just my thoughts. The PCOS forum is a little slow sometimes, but there are plenty of other PCOS women that post there and you can get answers there too from articles and questions that are posted.

Good luck!
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

What is the source of this information?

I'm not getting anything on Estranol and PCOS management. I know it's estrogen type thing sometimes used for menopause management things but that's it. (No direct experience, I have not hit that stage of life yet. My own situation is high androgen, not low estrogen)

BCP is sometimes used to help manage PCOS symptoms but it can matter WHICH ONE.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...ills-pcos.html

PCOS people symptoms present in at least 5 ways, so "management" for each person of each type is going to vary. What type are you?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...tient-you.html

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 01-08-2013 at 09:39 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote