PCOS / IR help

• I'm 38 years old and was first diagnosed as having PCOS when I was in my early 20's. I've always had trouble with losing weight, fatigue, excessive hair, and period problems. When I was 27 I had a complete abdominal hysterectomy (including ovaries and fallopian tubes) because of severe endometriosis.
    I was always under the impression that once I had a hysterectomy, I would no longer have the problems with PCOS. Now understand, a doctor did not inform me of this, it was just my own thinking. Unfortunately, I have found out that this is not the case.
    My endocrinologist is no longer practicing now so I have no endocrine doctor in my area any longer. He had put me on Metformin (500 mg) and I noticed my appetite wasn't as strong as it normally was. But now that he is no longer in business, I don't know what to do.
    Any ideas?
  • PCOS is not an ovarian or uterus problem. It hasn't been diagnosed to one issue in one organ, and it's probably a series of issues across the body.

There's a lot of information on this site and others... you will need to treat yourself based on what works for you. An OBGYN might also know how to treat PCOS, you may want to find out if they do.

Welcome!
  • The best care I've gotten for my PCOS has been from an OBGYN- it's worth a shot