PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #1  
Fit before 30! 12/6/2013

S/C/G: 200ish/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Lightbulb Cyster June Challenge

Anyone up for it? It can be any challenge! Drink 80oz water a day, Lose 5lbs, Give up white bread or Milk (pcos diva has a great 7 day challenge!), walk 30 mins 5 days a week, Go GF ect ect 

I really like logging my minutes on this forum and after seeing how little I worked out in May, I am challenging myself in June to log a minimum of 1,260 minutes in June!

Break down:

Monday, Wednesday & Friday -*update* RPM at 5:30am for 60 minutes
Tuesday & Thursday - BodyPump at 5:30am for 60 minutes

Bonus day: When I'm home (almost never!) BodyPump at 8am for 60 minutes

I'm on here a lot, so anyone looking for support I'm here 

Last edited by MrsH2132012; 06-07-2012 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Update
MrsH2132012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:52 PM   #2  
Here We Go

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'7"

Any challenge you say? Well, let's see..

For starters, I want to stay on metformin this time around. I always give up on it when the stomach side effects show up, but I want to give my body some time to adjust to the med this time.

I'm starting 30 Day Shred this June, so another goal is to stick to that, and try to get at least 5-10 minutes of it in every day. I want to get 30 minutes of exercise in every day.

My biggest goal is to make it through this month. It's been a long time since I've stuck to a plan, so I just want to make sure I'm still on track by the end of June. I think it'll be easier if I keep active around the boards.

When it comes to food, I want to avoid pasta completely. I'm allowing one serving of bread or potatoes per day, but am hoping to avoid all together. Whites, anyway. I'm also trying to watch my sugar intake, but I'm not sure what my limit should be. I want to stick to logging my food and staying within 1500-1700 calories.

Good luck!!
t0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:26 PM   #3  
Fit before 30! 12/6/2013

Oh those are some great goals!!

I did 2 rounds of met and took it at night 

Do you log on calories on MFP? The app is really helping me keep on track. As for sugar I just researched it &  oh my 25 grams is the recommended limit! Yikes I average 57! http://www.pcosnutrition.com/index.php?pID=27

You got this 
Old 05-31-2012, 09:56 PM   #4  
Here We Go

Seriously? There's that many grams of sugar in the yogurt I ate today, LOL. Ooooooooops. I do have MyFitnessPal, but I don't use it much. I've been entering my foods on livestrong.com http://www.myfitnesspal.com/selfinflicted is mfp.

That article is depressing. Going to have to pay a lot of attention (even more so) to labels. It's so hard to cut down on sugar.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #5  
Fit before 30! 12/6/2013

It's crazy right? Geeze I do try and use low GI coconut sugar but then I hear "sugar is sugar" ugh I can't win!!

Better a yogurt than a twinkie 
Old 06-02-2012, 02:25 AM   #6  
Here We Go

Low GI coconut sugar? Never heard of it! You're right, it is better than a twinkie. I haven't had a twinkie in a long time. Now I kinda want one, hah.

Hope your June started off well! What do you do for cardio?
Old 06-02-2012, 03:51 AM   #7  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5´4.5

Yay, I want to be in this challenge! Before I say what I want to do this month, I want to say some happy news first. I have always ¨naturally¨had my perios every 2-9 months, and NEVER a 28 day ¨normal¨cycle. Well using progesterone I had my perios on May 1st, and I got it for the first time in my 31 year old life all by myself on may 30th. I cried!! Anyways this is propelling me to continue my diet and try to get as healthy as possible.

-My goals are-

30 minutes of exercise EVERYDAY....(I didnt yesterday) This is hard, but do-able.

a sugary reward ONLY once a week

0 cabs.

Let´s see if I can get off these last few pounds and get my period again. My hubby gets home in 6 weeks from Afganistan so I want to look as good as possible!
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:42 AM   #8  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

I just stepped on a scale for the first time in 2 months, and while none of my pants seem to fit anymore, I've only lost 7 lbs so far. Apparently all of the weight has come off of my rear end. Part of the problem is probably the plethora of 24-hour convenience stores near me, which mean that junk food is available 24/7. My goal for June is to not buy any food at convenience stores. The grocery store is farther away (meaning more exercise since I walk or bike everywhere), has more healthy options, and closes at 8:00pm.

I'll probably end up travelling a few times, so I'll give myself an allotment of 5 restaurant trips. Thankfully most menus in Japan list the calories next to the food, so it shouldn't be impossible to find something healthy even when out and about.

Also, I'm going to remember to bring my water bottle with me to work. I have a 1.2 L bottle that I try to refill and finish twice per day. Since it's starting to get hot and I have to bike 5km to one part of my job, I'd rather not get dehydrated.

I'll be seeing my boyfriend for the first time since March 9th at some point during August, so I'm hoping that June goes well for me.

Last edited by Hotaruchan; 06-02-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #9  
Started IP 8/20/14

S/C/G: HW292/SW284/CW284/GW200

Height: 5'8"

I'm in!

- Hit the gym 4 days per week for 45 minutes
- Log on MFP every day. No exceptions!!!
- Lose 7 pounds by July 1st
- Get to my MD and get this PCOS business addressed medically.
- Drink water, not wine.
PghGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #10  
Here We Go

lovemydoggiesx2 - Grats on a natural period! I'm sure you'll look great to your husband no matter what, but good luck on your goals!

Hotaruchan- You must be so excited to see him! Congrats to you for the 7 pound loss, that's great! Good luck to you on your goal If the corner stores around there are anything like the ones here, you'll probably save money going to the grocery store as well! Good luck

PghGal - 7 pounds sounds reasonable! Good luck on that! Hope your appointment with the doc goes well.

Good luck everyone! ^-^
Old 06-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #11  
Fit before 30! 12/6/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0rn View Post
Low GI coconut sugar? Never heard of it! You're right, it is better than a twinkie. I haven't had a twinkie in a long time. Now I kinda want one, hah.

Hope your June started off well! What do you do for cardio?
Eliptical! I tried the row machine and hated it lol I might try spinning
Old 06-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #12  
Fit before 30! 12/6/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemydoggiesx2 View Post
Yay, I want to be in this challenge! Before I say what I want to do this month, I want to say some happy news first. I have always ¨naturally¨had my perios every 2-9 months, and NEVER a 28 day ¨normal¨cycle. Well using progesterone I had my perios on May 1st, and I got it for the first time in my 31 year old life all by myself on may 30th. I cried!! Anyways this is propelling me to continue my diet and try to get as healthy as possible.

-My goals are-

30 minutes of exercise EVERYDAY....(I didnt yesterday) This is hard, but do-able.

a sugary reward ONLY once a week

0 cabs.

Let´s see if I can get off these last few pounds and get my period again. My hubby gets home in 6 weeks from Afganistan so I want to look as good as possible!
Congrats on the cycle!!

0 carbs or Cabs (wine) 
Old 06-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #13  
Fit before 30! 12/6/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotaruchan View Post
I just stepped on a scale for the first time in 2 months, and while none of my pants seem to fit anymore, I've only lost 7 lbs so far. Apparently all of the weight has come off of my rear end. Part of the problem is probably the plethora of 24-hour convenience stores near me, which mean that junk food is available 24/7. My goal for June is to not buy any food at convenience stores. The grocery store is farther away (meaning more exercise since I walk or bike everywhere), has more healthy options, and closes at 8:00pm.

I'll probably end up travelling a few times, so I'll give myself an allotment of 5 restaurant trips. Thankfully most menus in Japan list the calories next to the food, so it shouldn't be impossible to find something healthy even when out and about.

Also, I'm going to remember to bring my water bottle with me to work. I have a 1.2 L bottle that I try to refill and finish twice per day. Since it's starting to get hot and I have to bike 5km to one part of my job, I'd rather not get dehydrated.

I'll be seeing my boyfriend for the first time since March 9th at some point during August, so I'm hoping that June goes well for me.

Great goals!! I have to be better on my water too
Old 06-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #14  
Fit before 30! 12/6/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghGal View Post
I'm in!

- Hit the gym 4 days per week for 45 minutes
- Log on MFP every day. No exceptions!!!
- Lose 7 pounds by July 1st
- Get to my MD and get this PCOS business addressed medically.
- Drink water, not wine.
MFP is my addiction!! Same S/N if ya wanna add me 

What are you hoping your MD will do/give you?
Old 06-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #15  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

Height: 5'7

Im totally In !!

Mondays- 30-45 min of any exercise.. (even if its ten min here or there)
tuesdays- Bootcamp ( seriously intense but amazing)
Wednesday 30-45 min of any exercise
Thrusday- Bootcamp
Friday- aqua fit
and i take sat and sun off because im usually out being active anyways

My goals this month

I dont care about the weight.. I care about inches.. so id like to loose a total of 7 inches off my body.. in any place

I want to be in bed by 1030 and awake by 730 (sleep is a big deal to me)

I also want to increase how many push ups and dips i can do.. I will be a ninja..

Im so excited for my go fit wear band thing to come!! one more week and it will be here!!
2phatinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote