PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 05:44 PM   #1  

Default stopping diane-35 & taking up atkins/herbals

hi,
REALLY glad to have found this site!!! i've been having ALOT of trouble getting my GP or my gyno to talk to me in-depth about my pcos; they both seem far too speedy & casual, and not only do they seem to have no other solution but to keep me on diane-35 (which i've decided not to continue taking), but neither have ever talked to me about diet, or other herbal alternatives.
i didn't even know until now that it could lead to cancer and cannot be cured, only treated!

anyway...i've come on here w/ alot of concerns and questions, so bear with me.
i'll try to make this short!

basically, i have decided to quit diane-35. i've heard too many creepy things about it of late, and i just don't feel 'right' on it - depressed, and 'weird' (not to mention it has absolutely KILLED my healthy libido! ).
BUT, it HAS made my skin fabulous...and - *sob* - it'll be a shame to see that go!
(anyone else quit diane and see changes for the worse in their skin? - i've never had acne, but now it's like a baby's bum!!!)

so, i've decided to quit diane and really commit myself to atkins/schwarbein...something along those lines. i am not overweight and am quite fit, so following this plan would more for mental healing (last few years, breads/pastas have made me very aggressive and depressed) and for my pcos.
as well, i'd like to start taking some supplements,
called Symplex F (mixture of glandular extracts from the 4 organs that make up the pituitary axis), as well as a licorice extract.
does anyone know about these herbs in treating pcos?

i'm getting a follow-up ultrasound on friday to see what's going on with my cysts...so unless something dramatically scary has happened, i plan to go the 'natural' route.

please, any input from others out there who've decided to treat themselves thru diet/supplements,
i'd love to hear from you!!!
as well - on a more superficial note, *lol* - can this fabulous skin softness and clarity be maintained thru a low-carb diet?
i hope so.

ok, that's it for now!
thanks for reading.
Old 02-09-2003, 05:56 PM   #2  

Default oh my god

what is with that monkey under my name???
ok, maybe the wrong choice for an avatar!
Closed Thread