PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:34 PM   #31  
Queen of the Manatees!

S/C/G: 304/263/125

Height: 5'2

I too have the huge PCOS belly. One reverend that was visiting the homeless shelter that my husband runs declined a seat because I was laying down for a minute because I felt ill, saying "She's got a little one on the way, she needs it more than I do." I was so embarrassed. I refuse to swim at public beaches and pools now because of that and all the HAIR that goes with it. I've got hair everywhere I swear and its so hard to get rid of.

But back to the belly. When I was 18 I had slimmed down to 125 from 180 and what really helped me lose the belly was roller skating. If you have a rink around you go in the afternoons on the weekends when the teenagers are avoiding the place. They all go at night. It's only little kids in the afternoons I've found. And its great exercize and lots of fun too!
Elyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:03 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

I'm just eating less (1,000-1,200 per day max) and my belly is disappearing. Also taking 900mg of saw palmetto. I almost have a flat stomach after looking pregnant for years!
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 12:31 AM   #33  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Im sure someone mentioned it here..but i used to look like i was 6 months pregnent..in fact i have a picture of my friend and i side by side...shes pregnent and im not and our bellies are the same size and sticking out...yah..not cool..

Anyway.. i learned somthing fascinating about myself.. I learned that i have an allergy to gluten and wheat. When i eat gluten and wheat my belly bloats like im pregnent. When i cut gluten and wheat out even for just a couple of week..it goes flat..no more rounded baby belly look. It is just flat flab. It took me years to figure this out.. Finally did and now im no longer pregnent looking. Just a thought for anyone else who might be trying to figure it out too.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:17 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 207

Height: 5'5''

Red face No I am not pregnant

I get asked all the time if I am pregnant, am looking for workout ideas to get rid of my prego looking belly, any ideas?
kaylakerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:46 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 331.2/304.8/180

Height: 5'7"

I don't know how active this thread is, but I'm proud to say I've lost an inch off my waist after 2 MONTHS. *sigh* On the other hand, I've definitely been losing in my upper belly, right under my boobs. I can tell because some of my dresses are definitely looser there.
Sencha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 09:31 PM   #36  

Default Sencha any tips to losing the PCOS weight?

Congrats on losing the belly! Can you tell me what you are doing, what you are eating or not eating to help lose the belly? I have a huge one and and am so tired of looking pregnant!
brainstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:53 AM   #37  

Just make better food choices, such a drinking more water and eating lots of greens and vegetables.
DorotheaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 02:19 AM   #38  

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbutton View Post
Hi Everyone,
I have a big belly, no actually, it's huge. And this isn't just me being insecure, I have often been mistaken for being pregnant. My tummy is very out of sync with the rest of my body, and often it makes me sad. Finding pants that fit, ugh, nightmare. I know the grass is always greener elsewhere, but I wish my fat was concentrated somewhere else so I wouldn't feel like I'm walking around with a beach ball strapped on.

I'm walking 4 -5x a week for an hour. Also started using kettlebells 3x a week. Eating clean whenever possible, and on birth control to regulate periods.

So, just wanted to see if anyone can relate. Also, if you're at goal, or close to it, were you able to lose your belly fat eventually? Any belly thoughts, ideas, advice, stories welcome!

On a good note, today I weighed in under 200 lbs! I first came into the 200's at age 27, now I'm 37, so 10 years later, I've made it out. Hope I can stay out!
I can so relate!!!!! I have a huge belly, but nobody really notices because I have ginormous boobs, I am talking about a J cup here. So my boobs are larger than my belly so nobody really notices my belly. I also have a very tiny *** and slender legs and fat arms, but strangely big hips. In my early 20s I had the same proportions as a mannequin.
It was like I was supposed to be an hourglass, but PCOS decided to change my body shape for me. Thanks

Congrats on getting under 200 lbs!! THat is awesome.

goalweightenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote