PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:41 PM   #1  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Default organic

Anyone eating organic with pcos? Just wanted to know if there was an improvement after doing so...... I know low carb is best for PCOS but with all the hormones in our meat and dairy can it be any better than high carb?
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #2  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

I try and have organic dairy whenever possible and I don't eat much meat, most of my protein comes from nuts, beans, and eggs.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:28 PM   #3  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I'm eating organic and clean, very little processed food. When I eat something with hidden soy in it, it knocks me on my behind (like all this week), but generally, I'm feeling much better overall.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:47 AM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I go with organic as much as I can afford in the places it counts the most for me. As you say -- to reduce hormone load.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:03 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've never eaten low carb and I actually eat pretty high carb but focus on unrefined carbs. I also eat a lot of organics. The best thing I've found for me is focusing on whole oods and exercise.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote