3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support-70/)
-   -   Hi Everyone, I'm new =) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support/221660-hi-everyone-im-new-%3D.html)

Princess Peach 01-07-2011 07:18 PM

Hi Everyone, I'm new =)

I think it's so awesome that there is a subforum for this topic alone! Very cool!

My name is Melodie, I'm 26 years old, and recently diagnosed with a variant of PCOS and insulin resistance. My husband and I tried to conceive our first baby for a year from December 2009 ~ December 2010. We saw a reproductive endocrinologist in November (when we got the diagnosis) and chose that instead of moving forward with increasing fertility drugs and doing IUI, we would take a 6 month break to focus on weight loss.

Yesterday, I had an appointment with a Dietitian and she helped me understand how insulin resistance worked and how I can help myself by eating right. I have a few ideas on how to rearrange meal planning, but I'm very excited to be on here and finding recipes and tips!

I am currently on 2000 mgs per day of Metformin and getting used to the symptoms. I've been on it for the better part of 2 months but took myself off during the holidays so that I could eat family tradition meals without having to pay for it later. I'm on my second day of full on back to reality. I plan on starting an exercise program next week, Jillian Micheals' 30 day shred. Has anyone tried that here? I hope I like it!

Anyway, that's a little bit about me :) I'll probably be hanging out here mostly, so I hope to get to know you all soon!! :wave:

Rana 01-07-2011 08:30 PM

:wel3fc:

It's nice to meet you!

MyBodyisMyTemple 01-07-2011 09:16 PM

hi Princess!

I am 27 with PCOS and IR and have also decided to focus on losing weight and getting in better health so that I can increase my chances of successfully conceiving next year.

I hope to get to know you better as well. Best wishes to you and lots of BABYDUST :hug:

astrophe 01-09-2011 01:25 AM

Welcome! :)

I'm not ready for Jillian -- I have it, watched it, but it's too advanced for me. I'm a dork when it comes to dvds -- I have to go with beginner. www.collagevideo.com has pretty good ratings on those.

When I was TTC, www.tcoyf.com and the book helped a lot. Things like clearplan fertility monitor just won't work with a wonky cycle lady, but the charting? That did.

I also was on Met for a year before adding Clomid. I really wanted to give diet and exercise and the Met a chance to work. It got me to 60 days cycles and the appt I started to think about maybe adding a Clomid prescription was the day I found out I didn't have to fill it after all. I was already pregnant.

Hope things work out like you want it too! GL!

A. :)