PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Today is my official weigh-in and I was still at 169.4 lbs.

No change from last week.

The persimmon muffins came about because I have all this fruit and vegetables in my fridge and I need to cook with them. And there's only so much raw fruit and vegetables I can eat!!!

Because I'm using whole wheat flour and a small amount of sugar for the muffin, it's relatively low carb compared to other muffins out there. It gets the bready-muffiny texture/flavor without buying a 450 calorie blueberry muffin, which would be gone in 3.5 seconds!!!!

babble: I was reading a book a year or so ago that said that sometimes the lack of sleep is associated with misfiring of the adrenal glands, which is sometimes associated with our PCOS. You may want to read into it if this is something you're seeing happen in "cycles"

I know it was happening to me and I had to make "rules" about being able to sleep...
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:15 PM   #77  

I succumbed to a skinny cow ice cream sandwich.

Crap, I hate when this is not about hunger.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:55 AM   #78  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Just wanted to let you girls know my AF showed up! 50 day cycle, but still!!!! I'm not sure what exactly made it show up, because I haven't been doing anything consistently. But hey, I hope just HOPE it continues, now I don't have to get a shot in my butt either. This has kind of made me feel more confident about things! Maybe I COULD get pregnant on my own if I would get by butt back in gear and lose another 50...and I feel like I am ready to really start up again.
Anyways! That's my good news.
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:49 AM   #79  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Rana: Hope you are doing better with the cravings!

PinkHoodie: wahoo! Go TOM!

Everyone Else: Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

My Check In:

Had a nice family bday at the park and all the kids had a blast. I didn't exercise over the weekend so ready to get back to it today.

Struggling with the new calorie drop -- but hanging in there.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 02-01-2011 at 09:32 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:23 AM   #80  

Congratulations Pink Hoodie! I know you can lose those 50 lbs. (and this is coming from another PCOS woman, so I know how hard it's been!).

My own check in. I had my Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich (which is so loaded with crap that's bad for me, it's not even funny) and my body freaked out and put my weight down to 168.4.

Maybe my cravings are hunger of not getting enough calories?

But I haven't changed anything and in fact I've been eating more around 1600 than 1500 or 1400 which was my original intention this year.

Weird, weird.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #81  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Rana: Hard to know with PCOS, isn't it? Still craving today or is it starting to settle down?

My Check In: I had crazy carb cravings yesterday (bread! bread!) , and then today I had a drop on the scale. What's that all about? I'm trying to stay more evenly spread out. I know yesterday breakfast was late and I felt off all day.

A.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 199/165.8/155

Default Hi Ladies Late but still here.

• Who's here this month?
Hi It’s me way late, but been really busy, getting ready to go back to school and looking for a job.

• How are you?
I’m doing ok been struggling with working out, and weight I always gain weight when I workout but I lose inches… still trying to deal with the thought of gaining weight to be thinner. Finally Broke my plateau with the weight!!! 165.8! It took forever and I don’t want to let the lower weight go.

• What are you working on?
I’ve been really focused on getting healthy been taking my vitamins, set a goal to work our atleast 3-4 days a week I think that is manageable. And been sticking with the low carb I found I am getting the best results because of the low carb if I stick with it especially at dinner I find the largest loss.

• How was last month? How's your PCOS management going?
Last month was a crazy nightmare, I had my period 3 separate times all the way through the new year, the last time was by far the most painful I didn’t even want to get out of bed, talk about a holiday ruined.

Catching up on reading posts.

Em: That is so awesome your from wales my husband is too! I can’t wait to go.

Honey Bee, Rana: Yah on the weight loss you go girls!
Dashing Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #83  

Default Updates.

Rana: I find the most success when I'm eating low carb, I don't eat much for carbs at all right now except in some fruit and veggies. I do higher in protein but I have been reading studies that say people who consume fat actually have speedier weight loss. Also being a life time dieter I'm always hesitant to fats, trying to slowly get my self there.

As far as what I find most frustrating about PCOS:

I have had this my whole life and I've thought I had it for two years now, but I was only diagnosed last year. Since I was 15 I've been jumping from doctor to doctor to try and find some answers. They always say you are your best advocate so finally after jumping around a docotor finally took notice to what I had to say and did the right tests. It just baffles me that I can walk into a doctors office and say I think I have this and their response is do you get your period... yes... then you don't have it. I only stumbled upon it because I joined Weight watchers and was reading their 20 something online boards, a number of the girls on the board have PCOS.

For me I find the entire condition frustrating and frankly disabling. Ease in gaining weight, acne, facial hair, painful periods, difficulty in getting pregnant. As a society we set certain standards of both beauty and health and I feel like PCOS is the exact opposite. We all want to be thin, facial hair free, acne free, fertile, and be functional. Sometimes I'm like damn did I get the short end of the stick or what. Then I remember that while it's sucky it's not the end of the world and I have to learn how to live with it because I only get on life.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #84  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Diva -- wrong Jan. We're in 2012.

Come over!

A.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:08 PM   #85  

Default Thanks!

Lol Oh my! haha wrong one, I wondered why I felt so out dated.