PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 12:02 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Question antsy legs and feet

Ive been suffering with this for quite a while, and for the longest time I just assumed it was me. After reading a few of the lastest posts on everyones symptoms of pcos, I realized this was part of it.
Is there a way to control it. It is at its worst when I go to bed. I feel like I need to get out of bed and start walking a few miles.
If any of you ladies have this and have any suggestions (dont tell me to go walking at 3 am in Buffalo) Id love to hear them

Thankyou
Robin
Old 10-18-2002, 09:18 AM   #2  
PCOS Educator (non prof)

This is called "Restless Limb Syndrome". Its a sleeping disorder. Basically, your nerves are still going.

Meditation and Yoga can help. Massage therapy helps me. But, its glucophage that has really made it much less often then before.
Old 10-18-2002, 08:52 PM   #3  
WW Moderator

Robin, do you have enough potassium and magnesium in your diet? I have heard both of these supplements help relieve antsy muscles.
Old 10-19-2002, 09:53 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

Default no I dont

Hi Jennifer
I have the supplements in my cupboard, but have been off them pretty much for the summer....I'll try it, thankyou
Old 10-21-2002, 11:48 AM   #5  

Talking New to forum

Hello all..

Ok, this is my first attempt at forum posting, and I am sure you have instructions on how to post somewhere, but I dont know where to look. ;-/

In the meantime, let me introduce myself. My nick is Witchy, I live in the USA, and I have PCOS, Diabetes II, and Fibromyalgia.

I cried when I found this site, because I am constantly trying to lose weight, and have not found very adequate resources online for PCOS. (I believe the pcos created the weight problem and led to my eventual insulin resistance.. which led to diabetes...which led to fibromyalgia..because nothing was diagnosed for so long).

Thank you for having this site. Now if I could just figure out how to use it....

Love to all,
Witchy
Old 10-21-2002, 01:46 PM   #6  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Default Wow, I would have never guessed

I have been suffering from a mild case of this for some time. I had no idea it would be connected to my Insulin Resistance. (I don't know if I have PCOS or not)

I take Ibuprofin every night (almost) as it calms my legs down and allows me to sleep. There are nights it is really bad... caffeine makes it horrible - I haven't had caffeine for almost two years now (for multiple reasons) but I recall the agony.

Potassium helps with leg cramps, never thought it could help with this, too.

Old 10-21-2002, 08:10 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

hi girls welcome to the site.

witchy you are doing just fine. i was a bit scared posting for the first time to and was not sure that i did it right. but look at me now i am not sure how many post later i am stillhere and did not get booted off for posting wrong.
Old 10-21-2002, 11:33 PM   #8  
WW Moderator

Welcome, Witchy! You're doing fine, just hit that reply button and fire away. You can PM me if you have any questions. Do that by pressing the PM button under my post. I will try and find you a link of directions.
Old 10-22-2002, 08:28 AM   #9  

Default Lets see if I can get this right....

I am so used to newsgroups.. I feel like I am missing posts somehow. LOL

Anyway - thank you both for your welcomes! I told my husband last night how happy I was to find a site dedicated to weight loss and PCOS... wow! Are you guys UK based?

I have to do this stuff from work, so sometimes I miss the details.
;-D

I have always dreamed of losing weight and dont know if I can acheive it...but I am trying once again, this time with my husband and Bruce Lee's help. And hopefully, some inspiration from this group.

I noticed you all had numbers on your posts, and I am assuming these are weights. If so.. good god well done!!! Wow! How inspiring! I hope I can do what you two have done!

I am always open to private messages through email if possible - dont know if people can do that yet or not. LOL

Again, thank you! I am going to keep perusing and reading as much as I can during work!

Thanks!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2002, 08:46 AM   #10  
Lovin' Life

Welcome witchy!! I did the same thing when I found this site. Reading some of the ladies stories will get to you too, but they are a great bunch and VERY supportive!

Jennifer and StorybookMama...ive been taking the magnesium at supper time and Ive noticed a huge difference. I dont feel like Im trying to run up stairs in bed any more lol THankyou Ladies!
Old 10-23-2002, 10:57 AM   #11  
WW Moderator

Witchy, we are a US based site but we try to keep UK things going on as well. We have a UK forum as well if you are interested.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...?s=&forumid=75

Robin, glad you are sleeping better!
Old 10-23-2002, 11:56 AM   #12  

Hello!

I am more interested in the US forum, actually, since I live here. I was just wondering because I noticed some UK stuff, and my husband is from England. ;-D

I told him how inspirational this site is. I am going to be looking for more inspiration so I can start dieting, or being more healthly, as soon as I get more time to peruse this site.

Thanks!

Witchy
Old 10-23-2002, 08:24 PM   #13  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I know i would not have done as well as i have done and would have gained it all back at any down slides that i have had if it were not for this site. i always got stuck on 20 lbs then gaine 30 back but this time it is different i hve had many back slides but still manage to hit new lows every time i get going!!! (I am in the process of getting back OP, after a 3 month slack, withj only one of those pig outs)

the gals here are wonderful so tell your dh that he can expect much of your time dedicated to your new friends. I feel that these friends are closer to me than many of those that i see everyday. they understand who i am and what i have gone through, and best they do not judge me for what i do or what i look like.
Old 10-23-2002, 08:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Besides, Sue gives the best advice
Closed Thread