PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 10:41 AM   #1  
PCOS Educator (non prof)

Default CreativeDame **ALERT**

DO NOT TAKE THAT BIRTHCONTROL!!!! And, find another doctor because this one OBVIOUSLY does not understand PCOS.

Triphasic pills are the WORST you can do for your body. They can cause you ADDED problems. Triphasics, such as OTC, can cause more cysts, enlarge cysts, or enlarge ovaries in PCOS patients. This is because the medication is not effective in preventing follies from growing, only preventing them from ovulating. Thus, those follies die off and can become a cyst instead of shrinking and shriveling off like in most nonPCOSers. Its VITAL that if you MUST take a bcp, that you do a monophasic pill...Diane35 is good I hear as well as the patch.

BCP do NOT treat PCOS. My opinion is if you are not doing it to prevent pregnancy or shedding precancerous cells or helping large cysts/ovaries, there is no point in takeing this drug. If you are on gluc, that alone will accomplish what the purpose of bcp's are for and much more. Its kind of redundant to take the bcp's.
Old 10-03-2002, 08:36 PM   #2  

Default Thanks, Hopeful!

Thanks for posting that. I've read about many folks who are taking OTC with their PCOS. I knew I had a bad feeling about it.

CD
Old 10-04-2002, 07:43 AM   #3  
PCOS Educator (non prof)

YW! Spread the word!
Closed Thread