PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 07:06 PM   #1  

Default Have you noticed changes in side effects from Dx?

I just noticed that certain aspects of my PCOS have gotten better but some new ones have come out. When i was first diagnosed, I had light hirtuism, skin tags and acne. Now, my hair is falling out but my skin tags are less and less pronounced. Anyone else with that experience?
Old 09-25-2002, 07:33 PM   #2  
PCOS Educator (non prof)

Yes! Me too on the skin tags. Infact, ONE FELL RIGHT OFF!!! It was in my bikini area that was affected by the underwear. It had been there for quite a while. Then in August it started getting longer but not fatter. Then, fell off. WEIRD! It was so painful at that time too. I was going to go in and get it removed but 2 days before that it fell off on its own. I have had some in the past in the same area that has needed removal. This was odd and even the doc thot so too. WEIRD! My skin tags on my neck are ALL gone and under the arms are tiny tiny now.

I have been on it 9 months. Going on 10.
Old 09-26-2002, 09:03 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

does this mean that my skin tags just might fall off??? I need to get diagnosed!!!! what a dream. i feel like a warty frog. I even have one in my private area and some times it does bother me!!! that would be a dream to get rid of that one!!!
Old 09-27-2002, 12:11 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

I went to a dermatologist and got my skin tags removed. Had one under my arm and one in the groin. It wasn't too expensive, but insurance covered it because they coded it as being irritated and inflamed, and not as cosmetic. Was totally painless, never felt a thing and I left the office 15 minutes after they put me on the table.
Old 09-27-2002, 12:29 PM   #5  
PCOS Educator (non prof)

I had one removed as well. It was irritated by my underware...right in the leg area where the underware rubbed. Anyway, my fam doc removed it. Emla on it an hour before, cut off. Simple!
Closed Thread