PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:45 PM   #1  

Default New to the whole community

Hi everyone,

I am very new to posting, but thought I would put my info out there. I am 28 and a dietitian. I have PCOS and have been trying to get pregnant for 2 years now naturally. If I haven't gotten pregnant by December, my husband and I will probably do Clomid first. I have decided to take this time to get my body in the best shape for when/if I get pregnant.

My sister also has PCOS and had to do 2 rounds of in-vitro to get pregnant, but she doesn't have the weight issues that I do.

It is so hard to lose weight with PCOS. I am on 1000 mg Metformin BID, but also some other endocrine medications because my endocrine system is so messed up (I have 3 kidneys and 3 adrenal glands).

Lately it has been very difficult because so many people around me are expecting. In my office alone there are 3 women pregnant (1 of them is pregnant with twins). My husband's cousin is pregnant and will have the first grandchild on his side of the family. It is so hard to be happy for these women. I am trying to stay positive and focused on getting healthy...it is just hard when so many others have what you want so much in life.

Dr. Phil had a special about infertility yesterday. It was actually good!
KellyBelly28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:13 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey there - from a fellow PCOS'er.

on making the decision to get as healthy as you can before you get pregnant - it'll make a huge difference for you, I'm sure!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:48 AM   #3  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

I am with you 100%. I want to have my first child soon too. I hope we can all help you in this journey! Welcome to 3FC & to the PCOS forum :-D
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote