PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 01:58 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 215/ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

I don't know why I've only been noticing this in the last few days so much...maybe because I'm finally getting back in the right mental place about dealing with the PCOS...

but when you've been bad and have eaten too many carbs (i.e., NOT the IR or SB diets...) do you feel really anxious, jittery, etc.? Is that really my blood sugar being hijacked by that bagel I just ate? I can actually FEEL that?? I was relatively oblivious to the metabolic symptoms of PCOS for years and years, so I find it strange that now I notice things like the relationship between carbs and general attitude/energy level.

Either I am getting reallllly in-tune with my body (good) or something is newly wrong & different (BAD).

In other news I am stoked to have this new (to me) principle about linking and balancing...the no more than 30g carb per meal thing and 15:7g ratio carbs to protein. That's a lot of math to do but maybe it'll distract me from having a second helping of whatever delicious home-baked goods my in-laws have sent us!

Last edited by snoozlebug; 06-15-2009 at 01:59 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:15 AM   #32  
~jus' being me~

I actually feel far more depresso when I have eaten sugary foods in particular (with bread I feel ugh and blergh for lack of better words! and as though the bagel hasnt left my system for days . . . I just feel bigger for days and bloated) but with sugary foods (donuts, cake etc - I actually dont eat chocolate) I am positively HATEFUL towards myself and in general. I have noticed its a complete switch in my mood and not a psychological thing at all - I feel it chemically shift me.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:17 AM   #33  
~jus' being me~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy_Chick View Post
Danni -- Yeah I hear ya on the "overstay her welcome" That totally stinks when she decides to stay for a while............
Last year when I was a stick insect she came to stay for 6 weeks in a bloody row!!!!!! (pun intended ) and I thought that being at "goal weight region" was sposed to fix things.

Last edited by Madison; 06-15-2009 at 02:19 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:27 AM   #34  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Yeah she has stayed with me for months at a time. It stinks totally. So far she has been "behaving" well last month she didn't, but TG it was only 3 days long!!!!!!!!!

I too feel sluggish and can feel my mood change too if I eat too much bad crap...........

This flippin' disease sucks! lol.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:28 AM   #35  
Out is Through

AF sure knows how to overstay her welcome with us PCOSers, eh? :P What's the longest she's "visited' you chickies?
Old 06-15-2009, 03:39 AM   #36  
~jus' being me~

Creeech - Mine was that 6 weeks when I shook my fist at my crotch-like area and said "blasted ovaries!!!! stop!!!!!". Ofcourse that didnt work

I agree Sassy - it does suck!!!!!!!!!!

I think the worst part is that the answers to fixing it are:

- be cool and calm and toss stress out of your life
- exercise
- eat differently

and magically its meant to solve everything! poof!

BUT IT BLOODY WELL DOESNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oooh getting that out makes me feel a tad better.

Last edited by Madison; 06-15-2009 at 03:40 AM. Reason: editing my naughty words out
Old 06-15-2009, 08:56 PM   #37  
~Believe~

Geez the longest AF has stayed? Wow she has stayed months like I'm talking 3 months or longer. I hate those...........
Old 06-16-2009, 03:23 PM   #38  
Ready for baby #2

S/C/G: 245/238.8/140

Height: 5/3

Hi Ladies,
I am new to this group. I was diagnosed with PCOS in September and had a very hard time dealing with it. But now I am here and ready to lose all this weight. My doc said the good thing is that I already have a son naturally so it is possible for me to do it, but now with all this weight on I only get AF every 4 months or so. The last I had lasted for 4 weeks...really scared me, Thought I was going to bleed to death!
I just started South Beach and so far all seems well...are there any other south beachers here? I am very thankful to have found a group to express my feels since I have learned that when your hormones are way unbanlanced...there are alot of feelings!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 05:40 PM   #39  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Wow. I would be very upset if my period ever lasted that long. I think the longest mine has been is 10 days. In the last few years I think I average 7-8. My cycles without meds are between 60-120 days. With meds I am down to the 40's. With meds and exercise I am pretty darn normal.

When I went in for my blood work last I asked him about upping my thyroid because I just felt *off*. The thyroid came back perfect so we upped my glucophage to 1500mg a day instead of the 1000mg I was taking. Now I take 1000mg at breakfast and 500mg with dinner and an evening primrose oil with both. My energy is up and that *off* feeling I had is gone.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:33 PM   #40  
~Believe~

Hello & Jessie & Zinkemomx2 to our little thread.

Jessie -- I hear ya on the long AF's. I have had some very very long ones that I thought I was gonna die on............ Hang in there and Goodluck on Southbeach!!!

Zinkesmom -- Glad you are doing well and glad the *off* feeling is now gone.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:54 AM   #41  
~jus' being me~

Jessie & Zinkemomx2

Jessie -- When I had my 6 weeker I was on holiday in New York and everytime I went to the loo I was SO angry bcos I was still going!!!!! Its kinda weird and probably only other PCOSers with this issue would get it, but getting happy/excited/elated every day that you are not spotting or having AF outstay her welcome is enough to make you a little unhinged . . .

How are you finding Southbeach? I have two of the cookbooks at home. Have friends who have had lots of success following it.

zinkesmom -- Glad you are doing well and glad the *off* feeling is now gone

Last edited by Madison; 06-17-2009 at 01:55 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:28 AM   #42  
Ready for baby #2

S/C/G: 245/238.8/140

Height: 5/3

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni View Post
Jessie & Zinkemomx2

Jessie -- When I had my 6 weeker I was on holiday in New York and everytime I went to the loo I was SO angry bcos I was still going!!!!! Its kinda weird and probably only other PCOSers with this issue would get it, but getting happy/excited/elated every day that you are not spotting or having AF outstay her welcome is enough to make you a little unhinged . . .

How are you finding Southbeach? I have two of the cookbooks at home. Have friends who have had lots of success following it.
It's funny because I complain to my boyfriend when AF doesn't come because then I know my hormones are acting up again, and I complain to him when it doesn't go away...he said there is no happy median, and I agree...until it works NORMAL again...there will be no happy median. I started spotting last night, and now it stopped...argh!!

So far I LOVE south beach! I feel so good not having any carbs at all right now. I have always been a huge carb fanatic, and ate them ALL the time, and I so far have not missed them. I think it is because I am doing it right this time...making sure my meals are planned and made, and that I have plenty of snacks. I also gave up coffee, and am downing the water. I love the south beach cookbooks...getting me through so far. GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 07:39 PM   #43  
~jus' being me~

I dont miss carbs either when I am not eating them Jessie . . . . and then when I start inhaling them its like there is no stopping me! I feel your pain on the spotting! Every day I let out a yes!!!! that I am not (this is the first month in YEARS that I have not & am hoping that I can get to the next TOM without any - man the goals I have for myself LOL).

What kind of food are you eating? I love new ideas.

My last few days have been:

B- scrambled eggs or an Atkins shake
S - coffee
L - chicken chilli w/ Philly cream cheese & a salad if I am still hungry
S - brazil nuts
D - soup - either broc which I LOVE or last night it was mushroom

I also had some frozen raspberries w/sugar free ice cream last night - I havent had SF ice cream before and it was orright but I would just have the berries next time I think!!!!
Old 06-18-2009, 12:55 AM   #44  
I'm FOCUSED man!!!

S/C/G: 273-267-150

Height: 5'6

AF drives me in sane sometimes. First I don't get her for 4 MONTHS
Then all of the sudden out of no where SHES HERE ! ! !
ANd then comes the part where she WONT GO AWAY ! ! !
By the time I visited the Doc I was so happy she gave me birth control because I couldnt take the wildly irregular periods ANY MORE!

On a more TMI Note : Has anyone had to take Megace? The doc told me that she was trying to sign me up for a DNC because my uterine lining was so thick. But the surgeon told her to try me out on Megace first which is used to shed the uterine lining. I must say I don't think I've ever had cramps this bad and I've has some tough ones. But you take the pill once a day before bed for 30 days. The first 15 pills there are no side effects and then the last 15 pills here comes the pain. Since I started into the last 15 about 2 days ago my stomach aches so bad. It's a NIGHTMARE!!! Hopefully it helps when everythings said and done because I truly don't want to have surgery.

Other than my million word essay above - HOW'S EVERYONE BEEN???

30DS still kicking my butt - anyone else still working out to it?

Vanessa - you better be we're workout buddies REMEMBER? LOL

Last edited by D Red757; 06-18-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:55 AM   #45  
5K, Here I come!

S/C/G: 150/142/125

Height: 5'4"

D Red - I'm also doing 30DS. I'm on Day 4. I'm also doing Couch to 5K. I'm on week 9 of that and I'm running my first 5K on Saturday! I totally feel ya on the sporadic periods. I had 2 perfect 30 day cycles after I stopped breastfeeding and now nothing... I'll be seeing the endo for the first time on July 10.

Here's a BCP question for you: does anyone else have a lot of trouble finding a pill that works for you? I have a TERRIBLE time. I either gain a bunch of weight, have skin problems, or get depressed. I'm terrified to start any kind of BC because of this...
Closed Thread