3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support-70/)
-   -   WL Support with PCOS May 09' (All Are Welcome!!!) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support/170633-wl-support-pcos-may-09-all-welcome.html)

Sassy_Chick 05-01-2009 02:05 PM

WL Support with PCOS May 09' (All Are Welcome!!!)

Hello and Welcome All to the PCOS WL Support May 2009 Thread!

http://dl8.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...gm3744qpip.gif

http://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...m17cuvy21i.gif

This thread is about PCOS and Weight Loss Support. If you have PCOS, or think you might, or know anybody that might have it, or your just curious or you just think we are totally awesome, so you just wanna chat with us, please join us! :grouphug:

Losing weight with PCOS is like trying to rollerskate up an icy hill. With all the wonderful lovely side effects, extra facial and body hair, skin tags, dark skin patches, weight gain, etc, etc, etc.........

http://dl9.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...oane9kcobr.gif

PCOS Definition:

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) – A genetically-linked hormonal imbalance that prevents ovulation. PCOS also may cause overproduction of estrogen, abnormal thickening of the uterine lining, very heavy and/or irregular periods, as well as acne and facial hair. The latter are caused by an overproduction of male hormones, including testosterone. -- There are tons of info out there on the web, so if you want more info, just go to your favorite search engine (Google, Yahoo, etc) and type in PCOS. Another great site (besides this one of course for info is: Soul Cysters. Also here are a couple links for Forum Abbreviations: Basic Forum Abbreviations and the TTC/Infertility Abbreviations

So please come and join us, won't you? If you or someone you know has PCOS and you want support in WL and just general everyday support, please come and join us. You do not have to necessarily have to be TTC or not TTC. I am just getting back to TTC. So if you are or aren't is just fine, we are here for support. If you do not have PCOS and maybe are just curious about the disease, then feel free to join us as well. Everybody is Welcome!!

http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/4...zueni7k7iy.jpg

Wow A Another Month Gone......:fr:

What have I accomplished last month:
1) Seen my RE
2) Took one cycle of clomid

What I want to accomplish this month:
1) Get Pregnant!!! :preg: :bb:
2) Try to be more Positive
3) Lose more weight
4) Eat Better!!
5) EXERCISE!!!!!
6) Get our house UNPACKED!!

This isn't just about PCOS. It is about Life and wanting to get out there and LIVE IT. It doesn't matter if you have PCOS, Endometreosis, Diabetes, or just a bad hair day, :fr: we all want one thing: To Look AND most importantly: FEEL better. At least I do. If you feel the same way I do and are struggling with changing your bad ways and habits, then join me, won't you? :high:

Share your daily struggles, :woops: and/or your daily accomplishments!!! :strong:

Together, we can do this, I KNOW we can!!! :cheer2:

Everybody is :welcome:

Some come on in, get a cupa whatever :coffee2: and join us in a chat. :cofdate:

I also wanted to add a personal note here. I have come so far and this year is just the beginning of the new me yet to come! :D So if you are out there and struggling and think it will NEVER happen to you, it can! I am living proof! ;) I have struggled with my weight ALL my life and these last 10 years especially were tough. But I have FINALLY seen results and so I can say IT WORKS, so DON'T QUIT! I am not pregnant yet, but that is my next step!!! :preg: Also this is the most AWESOMEST group of people you will ever talk too! They are completely and totally WONDERFUL! :hug:

****PLEASE NOTE: I also wanted to add a link for a book that I think is very important for every woman to read, not just women experiencing Infertility Problems: Taking Charge of Your Fertility By: Toni Weschler, MPH. It is very very informative about our cycles, how to tell when you are ovulating, etc, etc. It is a great book to have! I know with the economy a lot of us are "tightening" our wallets, but I bought mine at half-priced bookstore for $6. Also there is the library. Just giving out suggestions because it is a good book to read! Also another book I am currently reading: "Getting Pregnant and Staying Pregnant Overcoming Infertility and Managing Your High Risk Pregnancy" By Diana Raab, B.S. R.N. Very good with LOADS of great info!!;)

:grouphug:

Sassy_Chick 05-01-2009 02:10 PM

Howdy Ya'All

Well April is gone in a flash!!! May is here!!! ENJOY! :D

Friday 05-02-2009 04:46 PM

Hi Everyone!
I been in and out.. havent posted much..
hoping to post more!! im very excited about getting some more weight off. and keeing positive on the excerise!
I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Sassy_Chick 05-02-2009 06:49 PM

Hi Friday, congrats on the weightloss!!! Thanks for stopping by!!!

:hug:

Sassy_Chick 05-06-2009 03:16 AM

How Ya'All Doin'?

Just checkin' in to see how all my Cysters are doing!!! :beach:

So far for me -- no period yet!!! :D (Just got done with a Clomid Cycle) So lets keep our fingers crossed and lots of ++++++++++++++++ vibes :goodvibes

I hope you all are well!

HeatherMcG 05-06-2009 07:43 AM

Good vibes and prayers for you Sassy!!! Good Luck!

Nicoyaangel 05-08-2009 03:02 AM

Ok Ok Im bad and Im back!!! LOL

I am going for round 10 million on hitting the gym. I have been bad but still going when I can. How is every else doing?

HI SASSY!!! I see your on clomid!! Good luck I hope you get your baby girl/boy :)

Peaches 05-08-2009 07:13 AM

Hello!!

Hi all!! I'm new here and am so excited to see a Cysters forum!!

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for that :preg: Sassy!

Oh, and I am one of those Twilight people too!!

Sassy_Chick 05-09-2009 05:12 AM

Hi Cysters!!!

Hi Cysters!! :wave:

How is everybody doing???? I hope well!!!! :D

Heather -- Hello and THANKS! :)

Hi Nico!! Glad to see ya and no worries, I need to get into gear and get to walking. :running: Thanks..........next week will be the 4 week mark since I started the Clomid, so far no AF yet!! I did have cramps yesterday, but so far nothing has happened.......:crossed:

Peaches -- Hello and :welcome2:!!! We are glad to have you here!!! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, you never know this could be the month/year for me! :crossed: Nice to meet another "Twilighter" :lol: Have you read the books?? I am almost done with the 4th book.......they are sure easy reads..........took me no time to get through them!!

Hi to everybody out there in "Lurkland" :wave: Feel free to come in and say Hello!!! :) We'd love to here from you!!!

Good news, #1 my Home Office is all done!! :woohoo: (we moved into our house in March) Good news #2: while finishing up my office, I found the Angels & Demons book by Dan Brown, so I can have that to read after I get done with this last Twilight book. ;)

Well DH has been walking several miles at work and not just the total of what he walks all night long, him and his coworker have been walking :running: He said they did 8 miles lastnight. :fr: Which I am very proud of, but now I feel like a huge giant slob. :( I need to get it in gear I guess. We still have the treadmill at my inlaws that my fil is giving us, which is a really nice one, but it is HUGE and it does not fold up. Guess I shouldn't complain if its free, right? But I need to get into gear...........Feel like a slug, just slugging along..............:( Oh well just gotta get out there and do it.............:carrot:

We went to Indiana unexpectedly on Thursday. My mil wanted a cement goose for Mothers Day, we called all over in our area, nobody had them. So I remembered a little place in Indiana, where I am from, where my parents got me some things and figured since it was more of a rural area, that they probably would have them. So I called up my mom and she looked up the number and DH called and she said that they had a lot of them and they were only $16 each! So we drove out there and got that and an angel statue for my mom. :) So we met up with my mother and man is she SKINNY! I mean my mom has always been thin, but dang! I told her she needed to put on some pounds!! lol. Too bad I don't get my body shape from her or my father. :( Oh no................I have to be the big fattie...............I mean my mom's family, besides her and her younger brother are all "bigger" people, but still, why couldn't have I gotten that gene that I could be thin no matter what??? :cry: I know, I know enough whining!!! HA! :lol3:

But I am going to get her on May 20th after I come home from work that morning and get me some Zzzz's........I am also getting my hair highlighted at her hairdressers while I am out there. It is in bad need for it right now. I am thinking of not doing the blonde, it is so much maintenance for people with darker hair. But I have received SO many compliments on it..............Hard decision. lol.

Well I guess I should go now.......I'm sure if anybody has read through this whole thing they are starting to fall asleep now. lol. :yawn:

Peaches 05-09-2009 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy_Chick (Post 2734380)
Hi Cysters!! :wave:

How is everybody doing???? I hope well!!!! :D

Peaches -- Hello and :welcome2:!!! We are glad to have you here!!! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, you never know this could be the month/year for me! :crossed: Nice to meet another "Twilighter" :lol: Have you read the books?? I am almost done with the 4th book.......they are sure easy reads..........took me no time to get through them!!

Hi!! Thanks for the warm welcome! I have read all the Twilight books. I'm re-reading the first one because I saw the movie and just *had* to read it again. :o I think I read them all in 2 weeks. It only took me that long because the ladies at work were passing them around and the lady I was getting them from was a little slow... ;)

Sassy_Chick 05-09-2009 11:08 AM

Hi Peaches. :wave:

I've read them in about the same amount of time, except this last book I am lingering with finishing it, probably sad to see the end........lol. Yeah after I read the 1st book, I re-watched the movie and it made a lot more sense!

Gekster 05-09-2009 06:46 PM

Just making my way through the different boards and stumbled over here. Of course I am another Twilighter and felt I had to join in. I read all four in like 5 days and then the 12 chapters from the 5th (first book but Edward's POV). I am at college and I had to wait so long to read them because I had to wait for a break in school or I knew no schoolwork would be done. I am hoping to get lots more pleasure reading done this summer. Angels and Demons is definitely on my list along with Through the Looking Glass.

As for "normal" life, I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and IR and am still trying to get all my meds straightened out, but in the mean time trying to be consistent with the workout routines. I get so annoyed because my boyfriend and I are both larger, but as soon as he gets down to business with it all he can drop 50 lbs like nothing, but I am sitting back here gaining 5. Very frustrating, but not defeating.

Sassy_Chick 05-10-2009 06:21 AM

Hello and Welcome, Gekster!!! :welcome:

Nice to meet another Twilighter!! I am going to complete the 4th book tonight for sure. Then I'll read Edwards point of view, then its on to Angels and Demons......

I can sympathize with ya about the weightloss. My DH can drop weight very easily and it makes me sick, but that is just how it is unfortunately, not saying it is fair, it totally STINKS! But we just got to keep truckin' along.......

Big :hug:

Also wanted to wish you all a Happy Mothers Day!! I know some of us aren't "Mothers" to our own children yet, but if your an Aunt, a Sister, a Cousin, a Pet Mommy, etc, you deserve a Happy Mothers Day as well!!

http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...pjs68278qm.gif

Gekster 05-10-2009 12:52 PM

Yes, definitely unfair, but it is what it is. I'm glad I can be here around people who understand the difficulties.

Sassy_Chick 05-10-2009 10:36 PM

Gekster -- yes it definitely helps to be around people who understand. It makes you realize you are not alone, even if sometimes you may feel that way, we are all here for ya! :grouphug: