PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 12:24 AM   #16  
I'm FOCUSED man!!!

S/C/G: 273-267-150

Height: 5'6

I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and the one thing that scared me the most was the Dr. telling me about being Insulin Resistant. That scared me into a soul searching mission because I don't want to have diabetes - EVER. Hopefully I can support others here dealing with PCOS and they can support me as well as I deal with overcoming the diagnoses.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:33 AM   #17  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Red757 View Post
I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and the one thing that scared me the most was the Dr. telling me about being Insulin Resistant. That scared me into a soul searching mission because I don't want to have diabetes - EVER. Hopefully I can support others here dealing with PCOS and they can support me as well as I deal with overcoming the diagnoses.

Hello & Welcome D Red757!

I think a lot about PCOS is scary. But I found that the more I read, the more knowledge I have about the disease that makes it a little less scary. I have some books listed on the bottom of the very 1st message of this thread if you are interested. I have Diabetes and no I don't want it and I hope to one day be able to not have it anymore. We're glad you are here!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 05-12-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #18  
I'm FOCUSED man!!!

S/C/G: 273-267-150

Height: 5'6

Thank you Sassy I appreciate the WARM WELCOME. I will look into the books and hopefully find some understanding. Thanks alot.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:00 AM   #19  
~Believe~

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Red757 View Post
Thank you Sassy I appreciate the WARM WELCOME. I will look into the books and hopefully find some understanding. Thanks alot.
Your Very Welcome! Also feel free to post any questions you may have in here, there are lots of fellow "Cysters" here who may have experienced what your asking about and can help.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:49 AM   #20  
~Believe~

QUESTION PLEASE ------

Ok so I took a round of Clomid last month, this Wed will be one month. So far no AF, well this morning I wiped and there was a small small dot of blood and some clear goo? What does that mean?? I don't have my books all unpacked yet, so I can't look it up myself! Also just got done working 10.5 hours so my wittle brain is fried!!! lol.

Thanks for your help!!!

Old 05-18-2009, 04:38 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 225/214/140

Height: 5'7"

Hey all! Sorry I've been MIA. Been having a lot going on.

Sassy- I wish you all of the best with the Clomid. When I was on it, it made my secretions (clear goo) really thick. When I would wipe it would be really thick like a gel. Don't know if that helps you any.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:46 PM   #22  
~Believe~

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraygirl View Post
Hey all! Sorry I've been MIA. Been having a lot going on.

Sassy- I wish you all of the best with the Clomid. When I was on it, it made my secretions (clear goo) really thick. When I would wipe it would be really thick like a gel. Don't know if that helps you any.

Well yeah but I did Clomid a month ago?? So I dunno I'm thinking I'm going to start, there was more blood, but more goop as well..............Guess I'll call the dr in the morning, see what they want to do..............

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 05-18-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:41 PM   #23  
~Believe~

Well............I started my period. Yay. So its back the drawing board I guess. But we really don't have the money to buy the Clomid and the Shot............so I guess we'll just have to wait until my next cycle.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:53 AM   #24  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Hi Sassy! I came back looking to check on your clomid cycle. Sorry AF decided to show Fingers crossed for next cycle. It sucks when you have to wait because of money. I'm still saving the money to just get into the door to see my RE....Then the 500.00 worth of tests hes going to want to do before even getting to start clomid....Sucks but hopefully one day it will be worth it.
What's this I'm reading about a 5th twilight book? I thought that last one wasn't going to happen ......Going to go look for it NOW
Old 05-19-2009, 09:09 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 298/292.5/180

Height: 5'9"

Hello fellow cysters!

I'm new here and starting to do the IR diet. I read the book cover to cover on Friday and I'm so inspired. I have already lost 4lbs this weekend.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:22 PM   #26  
~Believe~

Hi Cysters.

Well AF is here in FULL affect. UGH. Why now?? Always at the exact WRONG time! lol.

Yeah we are taking this month off...........we'll try next cycle.........Thanks for all the support!

Losing4Another -- There is no 5th Book -- go to her website and she has Midnight Sun -- it is Twilight written from Edward's point of view, its not completed, she isn't going to complete it.

Hello and Lessadrianne WTG on the 4 lbs!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 04:08 PM   #27  
Day 1 back on plan...

Ahh yea I knew that. Thats why I had to go look to see if it had changed and she decided to finish it. I figured if there was a 5th book out my daughter would have came running home telling me all about it.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:35 AM   #28  
~Believe~

Hi Cysters,

Well AF is here in RAGING FULL affect. UGH why now? So I'm wearing like 4 overnight pads and cramping. Its started to ease up a little, but lastnight, was awful. I got up and had blood all down my leg (sorry if tmi) and went and took a shower, and blood was just dripping, it looked like a freaking murder scene! I even had an adult diaper on lastnight because it was so heavy and I bled through that!!!!!! So I went back to putting like 4 overnights into my undies and adult diaper over that.......UGH I'm too young to wear adult diapers! lol. But if it keeps me from bleeding all over, well that is what I have to do!!!!!!!!!!

So I was gonna wait and get my mom tomorrow, she is on vacation and is going to come and stay with us, but figured, may as well go get her and she can hang out with me at the house.

Anyways, sorry if it is too graphic, but I'm sure you ladies all understand.

I hope you all are doing well!!!

Old 05-20-2009, 12:40 PM   #29  

Sassy, sorry AF is raging. Mine were like that on clomid too. I just wanted to answer your question about the goo.
It is common to get egg white like mucous at the end of the cycle because it is the corpus luteum(the follicle that ovulated) breaking down and passing. It is usually a sign that AF is near. On a positive note, it appears you did ovulate.

Sorry for butting in. Long time lurker here. I have had pcos all my adult life and have been TTC #1 for over six years. Had one miscarriage a few months ago. I am on a quest to be as healthy as possible so along with tons of exercise and good eating, I have been more active on 3FC.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #30  
Day 1 back on plan...

Sassy- Have to talked to the RE about all that bleeding? It could be all the shedding from irregular AF and not ovulating but that sounds like you should call the DR just to make sure. I didn't even bleed that much with my miscarriage...So just to be safe

Water- Same here...I'm working on getting as healthy as I can while saving up to start TTC with an RE again. I got Af for the first time in a long time all on her own so I know I'm doing something right. I'm going to buy myself the new active personal trainer thing that just came out for the Wii. Have to lose 2.5 more pounds first ...it's for my 30 pounds loss goal
Closed Thread