PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 08:50 AM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking PCOS WL Support July 09 (EVERYBODY IS WELCOME!!!)

Hello and Welcome All to the PCOS WL Support July 2009 Thread!

This thread is about PCOS and Weight Loss Support. If you have PCOS, or think you might, or know anybody that might have it, or your just curious or you just think we are totally awesome, so you just wanna chat with us, please join us!

Losing weight with PCOS is like trying to rollerskate up an icy hill. With all the wonderful lovely side effects, extra facial and body hair, skin tags, dark skin patches, weight gain, etc, etc, etc.........

PCOS Definition:

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) – A genetically-linked hormonal imbalance that prevents ovulation. PCOS also may cause overproduction of estrogen, abnormal thickening of the uterine lining, very heavy and/or irregular periods, as well as acne and facial hair. The latter are caused by an overproduction of male hormones, including testosterone. -- There are tons of info out there on the web, so if you want more info, just go to your favorite search engine (Google, Yahoo, etc) and type in PCOS. Another great site (besides this one of course for info is: Soul Cysters. Also here are a couple links for Forum Abbreviations: Basic Forum Abbreviations and the TTC/Infertility Abbreviations

So please come and join us, won't you? If you or someone you know has PCOS and you want support in WL and just general everyday support, please come and join us. You do not have to necessarily have to be TTC or not TTC. I am just getting back to TTC. So if you are or aren't is just fine, we are here for support. If you do not have PCOS and maybe are just curious about the disease, then feel free to join us as well. Everybody is Welcome!!

Wow A Another Month Gone......

What I accomplished last month:
1) Had a Period on my own!
2) Started walking every night at my lunch!
3) House is organized!!
4) Had SUCCESSFUL BBQ w/ friends!

What I want to accomplish this month:
1) Get Pregnant!!!
2) Try to be more Positive
3) Lose more weight!!!!!!!
4) Eat Better!!
5) EXERCISE!!!!!
6) Have In-Laws over for a nice dinner.

This isn't just about PCOS. It is about Life and wanting to get out there and LIVE IT. It doesn't matter if you have PCOS, Endometreosis, Diabetes, or just a bad hair day, we all want one thing: To Look AND most importantly: FEEL better. At least I do. If you feel the same way I do and are struggling with changing your bad ways and habits, then join me, won't you?

Share your daily struggles, and/or your daily accomplishments!!!

Together, we can do this, I KNOW we can!!!

Everybody is

Some come on in, get a cupa whatever and join us in a chat.

I also wanted to add a personal note here. I have come so far and this year is just the beginning of the new me yet to come! So if you are out there and struggling and think it will NEVER happen to you, it can! I am living proof! I have struggled with my weight ALL my life and these last 10 years especially were tough. But I have FINALLY seen results and so I can say IT WORKS, so DON'T QUIT! I am not pregnant yet, but that is my next step!!! Also this is the most AWESOMEST group of people you will ever talk too! They are completely and totally WONDERFUL!

****PLEASE NOTE: I also wanted to add a link for a book that I think is very important for every woman to read, not just women experiencing Infertility Problems: Taking Charge of Your Fertility By: Toni Weschler, MPH. It is very very informative about our cycles, how to tell when you are ovulating, etc, etc. It is a great book to have! I know with the economy a lot of us are "tightening" our wallets, but I bought mine at half-priced bookstore for $6. Also there is the library. Just giving out suggestions because it is a good book to read! Also another good book to read: "Getting Pregnant and Staying Pregnant Overcoming Infertility and Managing Your High Risk Pregnancy" By Diana Raab, B.S. R.N. Very good with LOADS of great info!!

Old 07-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #2  
~jus' being me~

Thanks for starting us up Sassy!!
Old 07-02-2009, 09:15 AM   #3  
~Believe~

Hello Danni and YW!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2009, 10:34 AM   #4  
proud mama

S/C/G: S196.2/See Ticker/G135

Height: 5'7"

Sassy we sound like we have a lot in common. I have PCOS and Endo and I'm trying to get pregnant as well as lose weight. You're right it is quite challanging and overwhelming at times.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:19 AM   #5  
Ready for baby #2

S/C/G: 245/238.8/140

Height: 5/3

Good Morning All!! I am so happy to get on here this morning to tell you all that AF came naturally, and only lasted 10 days!!!! my friends looked at my like I was crazy when I got so excited about this, and that just proves that they don't understand. I am so grateful to have this forum where there are people who do understand what I am going through. Hopefully no more 4 week AF's!!! Have a great day!!
Old 07-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #6  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

I'll share my AF news too! She came perfectly on time lasted the very normal 5 days and was gone! This makes 10 months of natural AF! YAY!
Old 07-03-2009, 02:29 AM   #7  
~jus' being me~

Yay for AF's arrival and safe departure
Old 07-03-2009, 09:52 AM   #8  
~Believe~

Good Morning Everybody!!

I am so happy for those of you for your AF coming on her own, that is a GREAT accomplishment!! So far mine has been "on time" every single month, now she may not behave herself and tend to um "gush" but at least its at the same time every month now!!!!!! lol.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 07-03-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:16 PM   #9  
~Believe~

Hi where is everybody???

Just checking in to see how everybody is doing. Me?? Well alright. I could be doing better, just been a little bit off track with eating and exercising.........just have no motivation!!!!!!

Anywho, that is about it on my end. How are you all??

Old 07-16-2009, 08:24 PM   #10  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Good, Sassy! I am in my new house!
Old 07-18-2009, 07:50 AM   #11  
~Believe~

Congrats Heather!
Old 07-20-2009, 09:20 PM   #12  
~Believe~

Hola Chickies.

How r u all? Me? Better than yesterday! lol. I called off work I was up and down all night and day to the bathroom....... So that combined with Zero sleep yeah I just called off and slept.

We bought a new car, a 09' Kia Optima, black, it drives really nice. We took the inlaws out to eat last week for a combined Anniversary/My mil's bday and they got to ride in our car and they liked it. I think my fil likes it better than his car and he has the exact same model, ours is just a year newer.

Thats about it. AF came to visit last night too! I am SOOO lucky! I just woke up and was like "Seriously??" lol. But at least she has been consistent, coming every month at the same time by herself!

Well that's about it.

Take Care!

Old 07-23-2009, 06:38 AM   #13  
~Believe~

Hi Girls.

Just popping in to see how everybody is.............AF is coming to a close............TG. But I am so proud that she has been coming regularly and is "normal" (as normal as I can be I guess!!!!) I told my co-worker, this has been the ONLY time in my life ever that I have been normal (without medication)!!!! :

July is almost over already!!!!!!! Well I hope you all are doing well!!!!!!!

Old 08-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #14  
~Believe~

Exclamation

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE SEE THE AUGUST THREAD!
Closed Thread