PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 12-29-2008, 03:34 AM   #46  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Well, I was planning on starting my diet after payday on Wed. I was going to start a food journal and everything. So I'll probably just be behind everyone.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:59 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

I've been off my diet for a couple days now. I'm going to start over tomorrow. I'm too stressed/tired right now to diet. I shouldn't make excuses, but there you have it... I always do. BUT this time I'm in for the long haul. I'm not going to starve myself anymore and call it a diet. I want to lose 5-10lbs a month and I'll be happy. Slow and steady wins the race=)
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:10 AM   #48  
Hopeless Romantic

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Denise, I think the holidays mess everyone up. I stopped my diet right before and swore I would come back right after Xmas dinner, and here I'm 4 days later only to start to diet today. I hate coming back like that, I'm already starving!!! the watermelon jello was a bad decision on my part its making me sick

Short Term Goal Jan 31st, 2009

Long Term Goal

dys24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:36 AM   #49  

Ew. watermelon jello. Hope you feel better..

I still managed to lose 1.5lbs since christmas, so I'm happy. Going back on my diet today. It's kind of like starting over now.. I'm use to eating more and now I know I'll be SO hungry for the next couple days. I'll try to eat filling foods that are good.. like veggies.

I'm feeling really baby crazy lately, which motivates me even more to lose weight. Not only for me, but for my husband. He should be able to have children. It shouldn't depend on me being fat. So.. I WILL lose it!
Old 12-30-2008, 09:56 AM   #50  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Denise, I hear ya girl1 It is kinda sad that I am the reason my hubby doesn't have kids right now. However, we can't look at it like that. We are a team together with our husbands. They understand and are supporting us. Don't look at yourself as a hinder, look at yourself as a worthy, important team member. Because we are, and we are currently doing what it takes to reach a common goal of.......... a wittle, baby, waby, Keep Going!

As fpr me, I'm gonna give South Beach a try. Why? Well, I have never shown IR. But, I am a sssllllllooooowwww loser. So, I figure cutting out sugar and bad carbs can't be a bad thing, right? Right. So, I'm gonna try it starting the first. I'll let you know how it goes!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:04 PM   #51  
I was born this way hey!

Me & my hubby are both the reason why we cant have kids. Actually my doc in WA never even mentioned anything about my weight being a factor. BUTTTTT now that I'm going to see a civilian doc, I wanna get retested, for the both of us, ya know?
Old 12-31-2008, 07:01 AM   #52  
Hopeless Romantic

Denise lol I know I've never eaten watermelon jello before, and I will never again!!! it was awful!!!! I'm happy for your weightloss keep going you can do it!!!

Heather GL on south beach diet, i heard its great for us PCOSers

As for me I'm still where I was with my weight I got my period and don't feel like doing anything I promised myself I will restart once i start stims which should be friday.

Shopaholic GL on your doc visit let us know how it goes!

Happy New Year Everyone!!!! Hope it will bring us all strength to lose weight and baby dust to us all!!!!

Short Term Goal Jan 31st, 2009

Long Term Goal

Old 12-31-2008, 07:16 AM   #53  
I was born this way hey!

Is the South Beach diet really good for PCOSers?
Old 12-31-2008, 09:04 AM   #54  
Hopeless Romantic

My endo. doc that I'm seeing said that all low-carb diets work wonders on pcos-ers . So SB, atkins are the two that they always suggest. I started the low-carb diet and it really helped me to lose weight fast, now I'm on a break but will start again after my period ends
Old 12-31-2008, 11:15 AM   #55  
New BodyBugger!

According to my research, I am convinced it is a good option. Its not about no carbs, its about the right carbs.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:31 PM   #56  

I LOVE carbs! I don't know if I could do it.. hmm.. maybe I'll try. It would be really hard for me though.

So.. I got back down to my pre-christmas weight. Hope everyone has a happy new year!
Old 01-01-2009, 10:49 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 245/230/145

Height: 5'4

Hi ladies~~wanted to give you words of encouragement. I am new here but also have PCOS. I am 35 and was diagnosed over 9 years ago, about 1 year after I had my daughter. The doc says that is probably why it took over 2 years to concieve. I was then put on metformin and in the last couple of years they added Spirolact. I remarried last year and we knew it was virtually impossible for me to concieve because of the irregular periods, and also me being over weight. We have been together for over 4 years using no BC and still nothing. About the time we got married I did 3 rounds of clomid, thinking that maybe that would help as I am not getting any younger. Not sure what helped because I did lose some weight but last year celebrating the new year, by fluke I took a preg test and it was positive. We had our new addition another lil girl on 8-26-08.

I know the rough ends of all of PCOS and TTC and lose weight. All of them are their own separate battles. So ladies keep your chins up--there is a llight at the end of the tunnel.
GL to all Kari
3turkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:20 AM   #58  
New BodyBugger!

Denise- SBD isn't about No carbs, its about eating the right carbs. Yes, the first 2 weeks are strict. But, it helps detox your body from the refined flours and sugars. I am a carbaholic too, but I will do whatever it takes to get the weight off. If that means bye-bye bread, then so be it!

I encourage anyone who is contemplating SBD to do some research of your own. Rent the book from the library and read it. Browse the forums here on 3FC. There are some quality websites out there also, however, beware some are meant to sell you things and do not give accurate information. SBD may not me right for everyone, but I am giving it a try. Check it out!
Old 01-01-2009, 04:15 PM   #59  

Heather- I can eliminate a lot of things from my diet.. dairy, pop, fast food, red meat, etc. But bread isn't one of them. I just can't do it. I would rather eat bread then a steak or a huge dessert. I just have to. I have been limiting the amount that I eat. I think I will still check it out and see what is good and bad. I do want to lose weight.. but I want to do something this time that will last and something that I can keep up. I hate the word diet.. It's more of a lifestyle change.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #60  

Kari- Thanks for your story. It is very inspiring and gives me hope. Thank you so much.