3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support-70/)
-   -   apple cider vinigar water???? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support/139365-apple-cider-vinigar-water.html)

Indychick829 04-09-2008 09:37 AM

apple cider vinigar water????

Has anyone out there in 3fatchicksland read either of Cheryl Hart's books - "The Insulin Resistance Diet" or "The Feel Good Diet?"
I read, of course, "The Insulin Resistance Diet" and have gotten great information from it - but now I'm reading from "The Feel Good Diet" and I have a question...

There's a section in the book that talks about "Super PH Water"?...Basically it's just about 1 teaspoon of organic, raw, unflitered aple cider vinegar mixed in with eight ounces of water (specifically stating "chlorine-free, filtered")...

According to the book, Apple cider vinegar inhibits the enzymes that break down sugars. As a natural carbo-blocker, this lowers the glycemic index of carbohydrates and improves insulin resistance. The total amount of apple cider vinegar recommened is three tablespoons per day. Be sure to dilute the vinegar in water. Avoid drinking concentrated apple cider vinegar and exceeding this recommended amount. Too much vinegar can erode tooth enamel and cause stomach cramps, intestinal upset, and diarrhea. It is best to drink your Super pH Water before each meal.
Be sure to drink at least four ounces of plain water after drinking your Super pH Water to avoid damaging your tooth enamel. You can add natural sweeteners, as needed, for tast"e (if the taste of vinigar is too strong)

So. HAS anyone every heard of this? Tried this? Does this on a regular basis?...I mean, all it is is a teaspoon or two of vinigar with your water before each meal...it's not like some way out there type of diet promise...and it goes into more depth in the book as to what the benifits of vinegar is. But it DOES say, "It lowers the glycemic index of carbs and improves insulin resistance.

So yeah...anyone? Thanks!!

Michelle125 04-09-2008 10:29 AM

Never tried drinking it like that, but I do know that Apple Cider Vinegar has amazing effects on skin ailments, such as dandruff, dermatitis, bug bites, etc. I would be really interested in trying that water mixture, though. And ACV is in fact a superfood, so it would make sense that it has positive effects internally as well as externally?

oneita 04-09-2008 12:51 PM

I use to use it

Many moons ago I use the cider vinegar diet. I used a teaspoon in a 8 oz of water. Plus a B 6, Leithien, Kelp. With each meal. I did indeed lose 80 pounds. But now I can not stand the smell of cider vinegar. I think I still have the paper with all the information. My dad used it till his death to keep is weigh down. He lived to be 86, My neighbor who is a health nut at 70. And he looks mighty fine. LOL........ Uses it for when his stomach gives him issues.

Oneita