PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/180/155

Height: 5' 1"

Default Hair Removal Creams

Which one is the strongest?
Assuming I can't let it grow out...which one will work on the shortest hairs??
Coarse, black ones!

Thanks in advance!
FluffyGirl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:22 PM   #2  

I LOVE Veet!!!!!
smartblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:42 PM   #3  

does it work on stubble?
Thanks for the suggestion!

I heard that Magic Shave powder works great too (originally formulated for black men's beards) so I might try that, too.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 233/190/150

Height: 5'1

ohh don't use the Magic Shave powder, my husband says that stuff is horrible. I burns and hurts a lot when you use it. I have tried all kinds of creams and the only thing that works for me is Waxing.
WeightSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:34 PM   #5  
Just A Rolling Stone

I'm a nair girl.

They have a little tube for easy application if you're removing it from your face.

I wax my eyebrows and sideburns but my upper lip is too sensitive for waxing, Nair however doesn't bother me.

Of course if you're trying to remove hair from other areas there are special formulas for that as well, but yeah, waxing is your best and longest lasting alternative in my book.
akapjthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:01 AM   #6  

thanks for all the suggestions!

If you have any more, keep 'em coming!

I can't wax because I cannot let it grow out long enough for that. I need some type of depilitory cream or something BESIDES shaving that will work longer than shaving. I will try some of your suggestions for sure

Does anyone else know anything about Magic Shave? That's scary that it burns and stuff...but I am almost tempted to try it if it removes the hair. As long as I don't have burn marks LOL
Old 01-20-2008, 05:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

I use Nair and it does burn my skin. I have found the only thing that helps the burn is Lanolin. I usually do mine right before bed. As soon as I rinse the Nair off I apply a very thin layer of Lanolin and go to sleep. My face is as good as new by morning. No redness, no burn, no bumps. The Lanolin will stain pillowcases though.
zinkemomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:06 PM   #8  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

I cant find anything to use, everything breaks me out, as I have very sensitive skin.......so its resorting to plucking and *sigh* shaving for me..........
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

I thought the same thing. Then I tried the Lanolin. Worked like a charm.
zinkemomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:35 AM   #10  

With the nair, do you have to let the hair grow out?
That is my problem....I cannot let it grow out, it's totally out of the question
I need something that'll work without letting it grow out. Where do you buy the lanolin?
Old 01-23-2008, 02:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 322/320/150

Height: 5'7

I was just curious about the wax, I have tried using nair, but it did not remove all the hair and of course burned the heck outta my face. Shaving everyday is getting very irritating, especially since I shave more than my bf does, so how long does waxing last for?
Kristalynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 233/190/150

Height: 5'1

I love waxing!!! It actually is closing my pores and now I can got 3-4 weeks without waxing. I use to use nair every 4-5 days. I was very hairy. It does not hurt as much as it sounds. The longer you do it the less painful it gets. I'd rather take a little bit of pain but have less hair. Give it a try!!
WeightSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:09 AM   #13  

again, I am not worried about the pain...my concern is how long do I have to let it grow out before waxing would work. I can't let it grow out, I teach 14 year old BOYS (ALL boys), there is NO way! I am looking for a miracle cure LOL

Since nobody's really been able to answer that question for me, I am thinking of using the magic shave powder since it supposedly works on stubble.

I also need to know where to buy the lanolin, if anyone can tell me.
Thanks, you guys are great
Old 01-24-2008, 11:36 AM   #14  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

oh my GOSH you would resort to SHAVING before you tried waxing??? No shave is gonna make you look as good as a wax will (nor last as long either). I use Sally Hanson wax and I like it. Yeah, it hurts, but you do it WAY less (and I, personally, DO believe the hype that shaving the hair makes it look thicker)

why? b/c as hair grows, the friction and elements thin the outer part of the hair. When you shave, you're getting rid of the thinner hair on the outermost part and leaving you with the stub of the thickest part of the hair that hasn't had a chance to get worn down.

When you wax, you yank the whole thing out, and it grows back slowly and wears a bit.

Have you tried bleaching?? A lot of my dark haired friends bleach in between waxings to make it less noticeable while it grows (and it doesn't have to grow too long)

Also... if you REALLY have trouble with dark hair on your face, I would highly recommend you see a dermatologist about surgical ways to stop hair growth. It would HAVE to be worth it in the end.
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:37 PM   #15  

hmm...never thought about bleaching....may have to try that!
I totally agree about waxing and I wish I had done that from the beginning. Now after shaving for so long I'm kinda "stuck", if you know what I mean. I like the idea of bleaching until it grows out, if that will work for me. something to consider!!