PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:58 PM   #1  

Default Anyone lose with WW's

I know there is a Weight Watchers thread but I was wondering if anyone who has pcos/insulin resistance lost weight with WW's? It seems like the only thing I'm able to stick to. But I lose really slow like a pound a week. There's also a core plan that goes with it and it sounds like it may be good for pcos. Anyone have success? Thanks.
2muchbackend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:39 PM   #2  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I was on and off WW for most of college and it by all means did not work for me. Granted I'm not sure how much of that was my PCOS and how much of that was my addiction to carbs working points so I could still eat all the starches I wanted. I'm also a work-out junkie with a decent sized frame, so the notion of ever getting down to the 120 pounds WW wanted me to be was not happening.

What I have found that works best for me is doing a diet where I have to restrict the amount of carbs i eat during the day. I had some success following a modified version of the South Beach on my own and have had an amazing run doing LA Weight Loss. Yes, the weight came off slowly and in the end it was only 15 pounds, but I whittled 7 inches off my waist and went from a size 12-14 to an 8. To me that mattered so much more than the number on the scale.

If I'm limiting the sugar I eat, I find my energy is much less caffiene driven and I'm in control of my PCOS and my PCOS is not in control of me.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:06 PM   #3  
huntersmommy

S/C/G: 230/230/not sure yet

Height: 5 3/4

I lost 124 pounds doing weight watchers ) then got pregnant with my 2nd son so i'm getting ready to head back to weight watchers again
huntersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote