PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 04:14 AM   #1  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Default PCOS Weightloss & TTC - February

Hi Ladies and Welcome to the January PCOS Weightloss and TTC Support!

Its a Brand New Year and we can all "start fresh".........or keep continuing on whichever you like.........I hope 2007 is very special for all of you!

Here we can discuss our "battles" with PCOS & Weightloss and TTC with PCOS! Having PCOS is a constant uphill "battle" with your body to TRY to do what you WANT it to do! lol.

Together we can support each other through this! Feel free to post about your daily doings, weightloss, TTC, Meds, Questions, whatever you want............

I hope you will join us!!!!!!!!!

Everybody is Welcome!!!!!!!! Even if you do not have PCOS, if you are experiencing other TTC problems or have a family member or friend with PCOS, feel free to join us here. Also if you have PCOS and are not currently TTC, feel free to join us as well. As long as you don't mind us chatting about TTC, everybody is welcome!

*I hope that no one minds that I started this for you girls!*
Old 02-05-2007, 08:41 AM   #2  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Hey Looking for hope not at all , its good someone started one lol , We all havent really been around very much latly so maybe this thread will get us all back in the swing of things.

I hope everything is going ok for you and your weightloss is going well.

I look forward to hearing from some of the old faces.

Teresa
Old 02-06-2007, 08:00 AM   #3  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey all.

Thanks Looks for hope for starting a new thread........I've been MIA.......lots going on lately. I guess I posted in the wrong area B4, I just saw weightloss & PCOS and just posted..........

Aw well...........lol.

Well I'm off to bed now.

Have a Great Day all!

Stay Warm!

Here is my post that was in the wrong thread (whoops!)

Hi Everybody,

(Sorry this is a mass posting, you will see below why)

I know I have been MIA lately. I have been having issues again with my back. (it was injured in a car accident years ago) It is much better now, but still sore and I have to still be careful. I think its just weather-related. My arm is completely healed up now and no bruising.

I did get some bad news though, that my Grandpa is in the hospital. My mom said that his Blood Pressure went up to 190/90 and that he has fluid on his lungs and he wasn't quite with it when they admitted him yesterday morning, but my mom said that he was awake today, so we're hoping he pulls through it. The strange part is that his room-mate in the hospital is my step-dad's father. He hasn't been doing well ever since his son (my step dad) passed away. My mom says he <--(my step dad's father) doesn't know anybody and its like he has just given up.

So not sure what is up with my Grandpa, but my mom says she'll keep me updated. Any positive vibes or prayers would be greatly appreciated.

AF is still around and no I haven't yet found a dr yet! I know very bad! But I will go, if anything I will have my family dr give me my annual exam, just so that I know everything is okay..........

That is about all for me!

Well I hope you all are well and take care!!!!!

Thanks Everybody!!!!!!!

UPDATE: My Grandpa is doing better now, still in the hospital, but doing better!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 02-06-2007 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:57 AM   #4  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Hey Sassy

im sorry to hear about your Grandpa hunni but im glad to hear he is on the mend now , my thoughts are with you and you family and i hope he gets back to his old self again very soon. As for that AF man what a joke i seriouslly would be out of my tree by now you must have the patients of a saint cos i think id be PMT central by then. I hope that your family dr can help you in the meantime while you stiill looking for the right OB. Good luck with that and i hope you feel better soon hunni and your back improves

Speak soon.

Teresa
Old 02-06-2007, 01:14 PM   #5  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Hi ladies, I'm not currently ttc, I have a six month old DD. I'm BFing right now. When we wean (sometime after a year), we'll start back on the clomid and met and start ttc again.

Good luck to those ttc, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask! I'm an expert charter, have been pregnant twice (though we only have one living child), have had a c/s and a vbac. I'm full of all sorts of information!
Old 02-06-2007, 04:27 PM   #6  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Hey JennyLou

Welcome to the thread , i dont think there is Many of us ttc at the moment , i am not starting again till the end of this month and not sure where everyone else is at right now. Congratulations on your DD you must be so thrilled , it sounds like you have been through a rough time to get where you are now ( i assume anyways) it gives me hope that you can come through the other side and i hope i will do. I am sure in the coming months you will be a wealth of information to me , if i ever do get pregnant again im sure gonna need any advice i can get haha. Nothing much to tell about me really but ill give u a quick run down ..... Im 24 dh 27 we have been married 4 years in May and have been ttc since October 04 althougth we were trying before that but not properly and i fell pregnant after 9 months of trying but had a m/c early on litrally about 4/5 weeks and since then i have had several tests and im non ovulatory , was diagnosed with pcos march 06 then undiagnosed again about 6 months later in Nov 06 and was told me and hubby are both fine i just have to get to a weight when i start ovualting again and i should concieve no problems although ive been told if i can get to 82kg i will be given clomid but not before so im hoping it happens on its own. I think that covers everything hehe but at least you know a little about me now.

I look forward to getting to know you more. Take care.

Teresa
Old 02-06-2007, 08:01 PM   #7  
~Believe~

Hello & JennyLou!

I'm not TTC at the moment, battling with AF right now! Wish she would go away and not come back at least for a month! lol.

Anywho, I'm Shel, married for 8 yrs, ttc for about 7 years now , we have two "fur babies", cats, and we are currently looking for a house as we are tired of apt. living!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well anyways, welcome and I wish you lots of luck with your TTC journey and so sorry to hear about losing your one baby.

Old 02-08-2007, 02:25 AM   #8  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

No problem starting the thread girls!!!

Just wanted to pop in and let you girls know that we do have just a PCOS weight loss thread that you are more than welcome to visit!!
Old 02-12-2007, 09:16 PM   #9  
Melissa

Hi girls! My name is Melissa and I accidentally started posting here a few months ago. Well after being off bc for about six months I went to a new OB who put me on glucophage and did bloodwork to test for PCOS. I haven't received the results yet. Even if I don't have it, I do have some of the symptoms (especially weight problems!) that are making ttc more difficult. So I thought I'd swing by and see what you all are up to these days!
Does anyone have any thoughts on glucophage? She told me it would help regulate my hormone levels but I had no idea it had to do with insulin levels as well. Just curious as to other's experiences.
On the upside, I lost 4.6 pounds this week (weight watchers meeting tonight) so after one week on meds I'm doing better!
I look forward to chatting with all of you.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:21 PM   #10  
This is the year!

S/C/G: 235/235/160

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for starting this, Looking for Hope! I'll just hop right in!

I am Nikki. I was diagnosed with PCOS 12 years ago. I am 30 now, and after a lot of weight gain, then a bit of weight loss, I got pregnant in September 2005 after almost a year of TTC. I had been taking Metformin, then tried one round of Clomid and that seemed to do the trick! I am happily married, 4 years running.

Teresa - that is a shame that you can't get Clomid yet, but it looks like you are well on your way with your weight loss! Are you taking glucophage or metformin?

Sassy - I'm glad to hear that your grandfather is doing better!

jennylou - I have a little girl too! She is nine months old.

Melissa - I hope that the glucophage works for you. I have taken metformin (the generic form) and had great success. It's the whole "chicken and the egg" thing with respect to insulin levels and hormones - they effect each other, but with PCOS no one seems to know for sure which of the two is truly out of whack.

As for me . . . I've had a good few days here with the new prescription for Metformin XR and following the insulin resistance diet. I find that my cravings for refined sugars and bad carbs are diminishing after just a few days, but I'm sooooo thirsty all of the time!
Old 02-14-2007, 06:19 PM   #11  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Hey NikkiMac

I dont think im allowed metaformin as i dont have pcos , i was diagnosed by my GP orginally but when i went to the fertility clinic they told me i didnt have it not sure how but thats what they said ... i had already joined this thread ages ago so the girls kindly let me stay which im so happy they did as there a great bunch... I assume that metafomin would be no good for me but i dont know if they prescribe it to people that dont have PCOS/IR I never asked my fertility dr cos i guessed that she would say no to me...she is mean she basiclly thinks that because i dont have pcos my only problem is my weight and once i get to a point where my body wants to start ovulating i will fall naturally without the help of clomid to her its a fall back plan so im hoping that what happens but were see... Im trying herbal remindys from march to see if i cant get myself ovuating on my own. Ill let you know how that goes. Good luck with your weightloss hunni.

Hey Septembersgoal

Well done on your 4.6lb this week thats great well done you , I look forward to getting to know you better and please let us know when you get your results as i know sometimes it can be a bit of a shock when you find things out like that and were all here if you do need to talk... I hope you get the best results possible for you. Take care and goos luck with you ongoing weightloss.

Me:

As of March 2nd were starting ttc again , im gonna use Soy Insoflavones 80mg from cd3-7 like you would Clomid , B6 & Charting/Temps all cycle , If i O with Soy then gonna take Vitex/Agnus Castus From O as helps Progesterone and im gonna do OPK's from cd9-18 @ 11am & 5pm so im hoping something will kick in and im also joining the gym too ... I will let you al know how i go , if i dont ovualte first cycle i will up doesage of Soy until i do as aparently a lot of people get pregnant on soy so its defintly worth a go.

Take care all.

Teresa
Old 02-15-2007, 09:19 AM   #12  
Melissa

Thanks Teresa and Niki for the welcome.
I got the results of my blood tests last night...the doctor says that I "likely" have PCOS and that my glucose levels are high. I don't really know what this means, so I'm going to have to do some research. Any suggestions or links to info would be greatly appreciated!
I'm so happy to have found other people in a similar situation.
I've been doing WW flex for the past couple of weeks but wondering if I should go back on the core plan since it is more restrictive with sugars/carbs. Would that help?
Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:11 AM   #13  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

septembersgoal - you might want to check out soulcysters - it's a great resource for pcos.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:28 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Hello - I just found this.

If anyone follows over at the 100lb club you will know I am in the middle of trying to confirm a PCOS diagnosis. Went for my ultrasound yesterday (that was , ahem, fun) & bloodwork as well.

Anyway, DH & I have been married for 5 years & together for 11. We have been trying since we got married but really trying for the last 2.5 years. It's taken me awhile to get up the gumption to see a doc about this because I assumed I would just be told to lose weight - which is obviously something I'm a little aware of.

Anyway... good luck!
Old 02-15-2007, 10:32 PM   #15  
~Believe~

Hi Ladies!

I hope you all are doing well! Today was my first venture out since the ice storm here!

Closed Thread