Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 10:35 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Talking Paganchick daily chat -January 2007

HAPPY HOGMANAY EVERYONE!!!!!

I hope all of us are blessed with good health, happiness and prosperity this year.

DH and I had a quiet night in together - we ordered in Indian food, drank some wine at midnight and just enjoyed each other's company. We had a really busy week visiting family and friends and it was nice to be alone.

Hope you all had a nice celebration last night.

Old 01-01-2007, 12:57 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Happy New Year!

Last night the kids and I took down the tree, put their measurements on the wall, and had a Harry Potter marathon, and all of us fell asleep about 10 minutes before midnight. So close! lol
Old 01-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #3  

Default Cathryn Checks In for the New Year!

Greetings:

Well, I'm one pound short of my Yule goal, but 190 is a good, round number for the New Year.

But I do feel that I have set myself up for losing the next batch of poundage. I got a heart rate monitor for working out on my exercise bicycle. Seeing the numbers is helping me do harder, more productive workouts. I find myself feeling more benefit from them than I did from my more lackadaisical ones.

And I have a good start on two other of the biggest problems that are keeping me fat: casual stuffing of food in my mouth, especially when life feels difficult, that adds of to many more calories than I allow myself to realize; and stuffing my face between 4:30-7:00 p.m., especially on days I've gone out to a depo. I'm doing a lot of work in my paper journal on recognizing the triggers for these problems, and I also log successes in dealing with them.

Onward into the New Year!
Old 01-02-2007, 09:20 PM   #4  

I did it!!! I rejoined Weight Watchers today! and a friend of mine joined with me so I have a buddy to go with.

My first step to my year long personal makeover!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:52 AM   #5  

I'm doing well so far this week!

I forced myself to go out for a walk on New Year's day, using the excuse that I had to walk to the convenience store to get a buspass for January. Sometimes self-trickery works!

Yesterday I walked for 30 minutes at lunch time and then walked another 20 minutes to my WW meeting. It was fun! There were some really nice people at the meeting, my best friend decided to join with me and the leader is great - very helpful and friendly.

Today I have used my food journal - something I REALLY need to do.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 01-03-2007, 12:50 PM   #6  

Default Go Paganchicks!

Greetings:

Sounds like Mauvaisroux and MaWhit both had a fun a productive start to the New Year.

I'm doing okay, though yesterday, I got a bit too grabby with a candy/nut arrangement that was sent to us for the holidays. So this morning, I got a big plastic bag from the grocery store. I put it and all the grabbable food from that cupboard in the bag and turned it so that the top of the bag faced away from the front of the cupboard. It's not so grabbable now.

I am doing well with exercise. My heart rate monitor is surprisingly inspirational what with trying to get those numbers up. So far this week, I'm doing okay with the water resolution, although I have been drinking herbal tea instead of water. I'm going for a walk today with a friend in a cemetery that has a lot of hilly walking.

This first of the year, I may be at another beginning, that of cronehood. I skipped a period last month, not unusual at my age. And this would normally be PMS week for me, but I have no symptoms. Menopause isn't complete in the medical sense until you have gone through 12 consecutive months with no menstrual period. So maybe I started my 12 months? I hope so. I have looked forward to this. I really want to have the energy that went into my menstrual cycle available for other stuff. So we'll see!

Happy full moon.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:59 PM   #7  

Merry Meet!

I pigged out horribly on New Years, and on the consecutive days. We have no vegetables left in this house! I finally got tired of having nothing to eat and bought vegetarian eggs and sausage as a desperate backup, which I will probably be getting into soon.

We're supposed to be going grocery shopping sometime either tomorrow or Saturday. I have more meat-free meat than I can think about, and I'm hoping to set myself up for success by not attacking the chips and dip that we have still from New Years.

I joined the Seventeen Magazine pledge thing for the year, and the first tip they gave me (like it hasn't been said before) is eat breakfast. But, they gave me a whole week's worth of breakfast menus so you don't get bored, which is my problem. I hate breakfast food, and I hate eating the same thing everyday.

Tomorrow, I get up early, work out hard, and then get my hair trimmed. I hope this year is better than the last.

Merry Part and Blessed Be
Old 01-05-2007, 10:27 AM   #8  

Gaia - I hear ya! I can't stand the same breakfast everyday so I try to rotate things each day. Boredom really can really wreck a diet.

My dance class starts next week as well as my yoga class. I will have to get out my gear for both classes over the weekend so I am not scrambling to find things

I hope the weather is nice on the weekend as I hope to get out and do some walking since we don't have any snow yet.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:49 PM   #9  

Merry Meet,

Dear Gods, I'm in pain.

Got up at 7:30 this morning, left the house at 8, and got to the gym by 8:30. Worked out until 10, and apparently pulled my back, which I am just now feeling.

It hurts.

I've just gotten over a nasty sinus cold, and now my back is out of commission. Just can't seem to stay healthy or not in pain lately.

Tomorrow, I'm supposed to help lift furniture, a new dresser for my mom. Ouch. This is going to hurt.

Merry Part and Blessed Be.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:02 PM   #10  

Hey everybody,

Kinda of a newbie on board. Oh no Gaia how awful!! Hope the moving today goes well and you do n't hurt yourself more!

I am glad to see everyone had a good Holiday. Mine was pretty uneventful, with my two boys we don't go out to much anymore.

Hope to see you all around.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 196/see ticker/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauvaisroux View Post
Gaia - I hear ya! I can't stand the same breakfast everyday so I try to rotate things each day. Boredom really can really wreck a diet.

My dance class starts next week as well as my yoga class. I will have to get out my gear for both classes over the weekend so I am not scrambling to find things

I hope the weather is nice on the weekend as I hope to get out and do some walking since we don't have any snow yet.
Hey girl,

I have not been here for over 2 years, but I remember you were bellydancing at the time ... is that still your dance of choice? Your post struck me because I too am now doing dance rehersal once a week and just started a yoga class.

I am dancing with a group called P.U.R.E. now ....

Here's the group I dance with:

http://www.puredc.org/index.html

(on the picture page if you scroll down, and look for our little group of 5 pics, I'm the short one on the far right)

and here's the site for our mother group in NYC:

http://www.puredance.org/

Gives me a chance to perform and hang out with youngsters

Good energy all around.

Hope all here are well ... will try not to be so "gone"

Nona
Old 01-08-2007, 06:37 PM   #12  

Merry Meet,

A cereal I actually like. Go Lean Crunch or something like that. Its not bad, doesn't taste like marshmallows drowned in milk, and has a ton of fiber in it. I was impressed.

My back has finally recovered. Tylenol works wonders in double doses. Went back to the gym today and almost fell off the treadmill because my thigh started to cramp up the faster I went. I didn't do my cool down today, it was late and all the off work people were pouring in anyway.

I didn't help with the dresser moving. My little sister did. And because she got a new dresser, my mother redecorated her whole room. Its amazing how she worships Trading Spaces. -_-'

Anyone have any plans for Imbolc?
Old 01-12-2007, 04:48 PM   #13  

nonamortica - yep! Still Belly dancing!

Those are terrific pictures of you and your troupe - beautiful dancers and lovely costumes!

Gaia - glad your back is getting better!
Old 01-14-2007, 07:50 PM   #14  

Merry Meet,

I am now an official member of the National Body Challenge! Yay for me! =^_^= Its nice to see all my hard work eating in writing today. My dad bought Texas Toast garlic bread to go with.... fish. Does anyone else not see the connection? I thought you served it with lemon, not hot pieces of butter-slathered bread.

How's it going with everybody else?

Merry Part and Blessed Be
Old 01-14-2007, 09:05 PM   #15  

LOL..Texas Toast...huge chunks of bread...LOL...maybe the recipe your dad was useing called for bread crumbs and he decided to cut out the middle man?

Things are good here..I am still going on waks with the boys everyday and doing my work out dvds. I also bought bodyclutter, it is a weightloss book and I am enjoying that.

My plans for Imbolc include planning a feast and not trashing all the good work I am doing. We are trying lamb for the first time..I am thinking og grilling it with mint and rosemary. Should be interesting.

Hope you guys are doing good. chat at you soon
Wicked
Closed Thread