3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Paganchicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/paganchicks-185/)
-   -   Pagan chick chat! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/paganchicks/65923-pagan-chick-chat.html)

mauvaisroux 09-28-2005 01:55 PM

Pagan chick chat!

Yay! We have a new forum! :cb:

Thanks Suzanne and Jennifer for setting this up! :D

flower 09-28-2005 02:36 PM

This is way cool! Gotta take my little one to kindergarten and go for my daily walk, but I will come back to chat in a little bit.

Tani 09-28-2005 04:12 PM

Woohoo! Thanks Mauvais!

How is the transition to Fall going for everyone? Around here it really feels like someone pulled the switch on the weather. We haven't had much rain yet, but the mornings are noticeably much colder.

I'm freshly back from celebrating the Equinox and I'm enjoying the calm and clarity that comes from spending 4 days in ritual space. I'm being nice to the people at work who annoy me and not letting the little stressors get to me. We'll see how long I can keep it going ;)

flower 09-28-2005 04:14 PM

Just got back from my nature walk, now doesn't that sound better than a fitness walk? I was starting to get disappointed cause all the nature is hiding at noon vs 7 am. But I did see 2 magpies, a lizard and a very friendly orange tabby. Gotta appricate nature at all the stages and times.

Anyone have any good house selling spells/charms/prayers? Someone told me about St Joseph, but as I don't celebrate the Cathloic saints, it doesn't feel right. I moved out of the house so hubby would be closer to work so he could get his promotion. He got the promotion, and I painted, recarpeted, new counters. Had 2 offers, both fell threw cause they got cold feet when the gas prices went up. One was within 2 days which didn't bother me but this last one, he called it off 7 days before the close of escrow. I don't feel right suing. I was told I have another offer in the works but it is contingent on them selling their house and it isn't even on the market yet. I won't hold my breath on that. I am completely stressing out paying for 2 houses and 2 sets of utility bills. Let alone driving 60 miles round trip once a week to do yard work ect.

Tomorrow is WW WI, I must drink more water!

deleted2 09-28-2005 06:48 PM

How exciting---a fresh new thread! ;)

Flower, I remember you from another thread somewhere at 3FC. Lovely to 'see' you again.

Can't wait to see who else shows up!

flower 09-28-2005 07:16 PM

I remember you too Eydie! So glad to "see" you.

mauvaisroux 09-28-2005 07:55 PM

and I remember both of you :lol:

Flower - sending some house selling vibes your way :goodvibes

It is very exciting to see a new forum here at 3fc, unfortunately I have had an exhausting day at work followed by an after work social gathering and I am ready for bed - especially since I was up tossing and turning from 3 am onwards this morning :yawn: so I won't be on for long tonight....

ajandpj99 09-28-2005 08:25 PM

Hi!

Tani - yes - noticing the weather myself. Today it was 77, yesterday it broke 80, but at night it dips into the 30's - brrr. Trees are starting to turn colors though - it is just gorgeous here in October - reminds me of Vermont (pictures of - never been there).

Flower - I was a realtor for a couple of years and a contingent offer is not bad - and it has the benefit of giving you the right to bump them if a non contigent offer comes along. If you have a realtor - you must since you dont live in the house - they can explain it since your state laws may be different than Oregon. Also - it may be cheaper than gas to hire a neighbor kid to tend to the yard instead of you making a round trip. And if you Realtor is worth his salt - he already knows someone that will do it for a reasonable fee. (kids are cheaper).

I definately prefer nature walks to fitness walks - especially out here where I am surrounded by Forest.

Chat later - gotta check out the rest of this thread.

miss_elisha 09-29-2005 09:23 AM

Hi chickies!

I'm new to this section of the forums, but I introduced myself over on the Meet and Greet thread. :wave:

The weather is turning lovely here too! The leaves are changing, the air is crisp and clear, the sky is sparkling blue (well, not today, today it's raining, but for the past few days it's been lovely), and our county fair is this weekend (Buckwheat Festival)! And I'm finally getting to spend some time outside with our new horse! Fall is just plain wonderful. :D

Flower: Good luck selling your house! My boyfriend and I are trying to buy one. We had one under contract, then when we filed for an extension the sellers threatened to sue us for breach of contract because we weren't working fast enough, so Steve (the BF) said he's not working with anyone threatening to sue us. I mean, we wanted to move in by July, it's not like we were just sitting on our butts. Eesh! Yeah, so now we're back at square one. I hope you're having better luck with the process than we're having!

Tani 09-29-2005 10:40 AM

Flower, good luck with selling your house. Try not to stress out too much. I bet, since you've already had two offers that you'll get another one soon. You might try, if you haven't already, doing a nice space clearing ritual at the old place. Something that clears away any stressful energy that might be lingering about.

I work a lot with greek dieties, so I might also ask Hestia to help prepare the house for a new family :)

theotherjen 09-29-2005 10:41 AM

I am so jealous...it is still so hot here, I don't expect it to cool down til like November. But once it does, I will be camping like every weekend.

Flower-good luck with selling your house. I would have also suggested St. Joseph...but perhaps Hestia, you may leave her an offering and ask for her assistance in bringing a family who will love and care for the house. Sounds like she would like homemade foods, fruit and wine...being the silly pagan that I am...I would write out my wants and needs for a buyer and then wrap it tight around a magnet and then set it on the edge of the driveway to pull them in...hope that helps :)

Nature walk...wow that does sound so much nicer

flower 09-29-2005 11:18 AM

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I just might go try them all this weekend. I am trying not to think about it but then on my hour nature walks I get mad at every for sale sign I see. But getting mad won't sell my house.

Lets see....what is going on in my world today. Not a whole bunch of anything. My fingers are swollen today as were my legs last night. I need to force myself to drink lots of water betwn now and 1 so I maybe can have a normal WI at 5:30.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! ~blessings~

mauvaisroux 10-06-2005 01:26 PM

How is the house selling going Flower? Did you try any of the suggestions out?

kati3l3unny 10-11-2005 07:45 PM

its a small world flower ;)

A SPELL OF ATTRACTION TO SELL A HOUSE

List the house with a good agent, clean it from top to bottom, put a sign out
front and an ad in the paper, and tell everyone you know that you're selling it.
Assuming that's done, begin your ritual by obtaining a green candle.
Green was a traditional color for prosperity spells long before they decided to make U.S.
currency that color: It symbolizes a green and fruitful harvest.
Now, go outside your house to some spot where you can see the house but not be
disturbed (i.e. standing in the middle of the road is not recommended). It's best to do
this at a time when the street is relatively quiet.
If possible, face the house from the same side that a prospective buyer would when
seeing it for the first time. Sit or stand comfortably, holding the candle.
Close your eyes, relax and take a few minutes to begin breathing regularly
and establish your concentration. (If you've ever done regular meditation or prayer,
establish that same frame of mind.)
Now visualize the house through a stranger's eyes. In your mind, envision brilliant
sunlight, whether it's there in real life or not. Mentally walk from the driveway to the
front door (or whatever entrance is closest), then into the house.
As you do this, envision the house as the most beautiful it can be. If the paint is
clean and white, envision it positively gleaming. If there are plants in the yard,
envision them not just thriving, but seeming to beckon the passer-by, reaching their
little green selves up into that same brilliant light.
In your mind's eye, walk through the entire house with the eyes of a stranger,
dwelling on every good point it has. Do not let thoughts of its flaws disrupt your c
oncentration (this is the tough part). That same brilliant sunlight pours through every
window and door. See it fill up each room as you enter.
When you have been through the entire house, go back the way you came. Envision
the light from each room pouring into your mind, through your body, and out through
your hands into the candle. Like a battery, the candle will absorb this light energy.
Take a few moments in each room to let this happen. (There's a lot of light; it won't
diminish in the room when it pours into you.)
Now mentally go out through the same door and stand in the driveway, seeing the house
covered with brilliant light. Again, feel the light that surrounds the house pour into you,
and from you into the candle.
When you're done, continue to sit or stand for a few moments with your eyes shut,
and let any excess energy that remains in your body flow naturally into the ground.
Then open your eyes.
Light the candle at an appropriate time - the night before a showing might be good.
A Witch would probably wait for the full moon (a time of bounty) or the first quarter moon
(a time for new beginnings). An astrological magician might do so on a Monday
(the day of the moon) or a Thursday (the day of Jupiter, the Bestower).
As you light the candle, intone the words of the spell:
"Fill my home with energy, that it may bring me prosperity.
Light and beauty fill my home, That its new owners soon may come."
Let the candle burn all the way down. (I hope you didn't get one of those 15-hour ones!)
What this visualization does is to fill the house with positive energy.
Buyers respond to this energy whether they're aware of it or not.
By dwelling on all your home's good points, you've filled those places
in the house with special energy so they won't be overlooked.
Also: Before each showing, subtly scent the house with cinnamon - incense, potpourri,
maybe one of those lamp rings. Besides being a prosperity herb, cinnamon's aroma makes
people think of home cooking, which will make them want to settle down there.

deleted2 10-12-2005 06:16 PM

Anyone have weight loss/fitness goal stories? I'm feeling hopeful again. I'd gotten down to my goal and then my weight crept up 7 pounds----and I didn't want that 7 pounds to turn into 17, etc.! I had the shattering revelation this past Sunday that I simply have to do more to reach more goals than the average person. Sad but true. I've started pushing myself more and I feel really good. :)