meeting other pagans

• There's a pagan group in my area I was thinking of attending some of there events. I must say that I'm a little nervous to meet some other pagans mostly becuse of my weight. I was wondering some of you that may have covens or other events that you attend was there any negativity as far as your weight goes? Being a stay at home mom 24/7 and living in a town that is at least 75% Mormon I really need to get out at meet some other people with like ideas.
  • Hi there,
    I'm not pagan, though I have some acquaintances who are -- just wondering why pagans would have any issues with anyone's weight -- especially more than any other group. The pagans I have known have not all been super slim or fit. I think you should go for it!
  • Quote: Being a stay at home mom 24/7 and living in a town that is at least 75% Mormon I really need to get out at meet some other people with like ideas.
    Are you in UT? What meetup group were you looking at?
  • yep Im in Utah I was looking at the southern Utah pagan alliance I think its called. Where are you at in utah?
  • I'm in the Salt Lake area. Haven't found much up here at all, so I'm still solo. Good luck! Love the witchy smileys!!
  • I don't think your weight would be an issue with the pagan community as a whole. Good luck to you when you go!! I'm in southern NC in the bible belt, so I'm still solitary as well. Keep us updated.
  • I belong to a UU pagan group, and we sometimes collab with a local Wiccan one.

In general -- the pagans come in all shapes, sizes, and styles like any other group would. So no, I have not experienced any sort of negativity.

A.
  • Quote: I'm in the Salt Lake area. Haven't found much up here at all, so I'm still solo. Good luck! Love the witchy smileys!!
    Have you checked witchvox? I think the salt lake pagan pride is September 11 this year. I would love to go to it if I go up north.
  • I love Witchvox!

There's a pagan group here in my suburb, but I haven't visited them yet. I'm kinda nervous at meeting new people, usually, but hope to start meeting with them soon. It would be nice to celebrate Samhain with someone!