3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Paganchicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/paganchicks-185/)
-   -   OT: What are you reading? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/paganchicks/203663-ot-what-you-reading.html)

souvenirdarling 06-03-2010 11:25 PM

OT: What are you reading?

Pagan or not pagan related?

I have been REALLY enjoying the "Mistborn" series by Brandon Sanderson! It's actually keeeping me away from some other things I wanted to read!

I just finished "Understanding the Thoth Tarot" by Lon Milo Duquette and really enjoyed the tone and explanations.

I've been trying to get around to finishing my Arcana Mundi as well as Comparative Mythology by Jaan Puhvel, which I've had on the backburner for a while.

Anyone else have some good recommendations for something thought provoking? (Or at least entertaining?)

lizziep 06-13-2010 04:53 AM

i am actually also reading the Mistborn series, i'm on book two right now. after that i'm moving on to Tad Williams third book in his Shadowmarch series- sooo good i can't wait to wrap it up.

duckchick 07-30-2010 03:33 AM

Don't laugh, but I'm finishing up the Percy Jackson series. Meh, I like young fantasy for some reason, lol!

I'm also reading The Witch's God: Lord of the Dance, by Janet and Stewart Ferrar. Very interesting insights into how the God is seen, and has been seen and understood, throughout history. I thought it might help me understand and identify more.

Er, anyone else like Harry Potter? Or maybe Drizzt Do'Urden?

Elijahs phoenix 08-03-2010 06:29 PM

sadly nothing right now. I've been pretty busy but, I may need to check out the mistborn series

xirene 08-04-2010 11:10 PM

Duckchick, I love Harry Potter! :)

I just finished the most recent Wheel of Time book (what is it, #12? 13? LOL) by Brandon Sanderson and Robert Jordan (RIP). I was pleasantly stunned by how good it was, cause the last 2-3 books in the series were dull and drag-gy.

criseyde 08-05-2010 03:45 PM

I love Drizzt!

Im starting Dragonriders of Pern series now that i have some time off from school.

duckchick 08-06-2010 01:20 AM

OOO!! Anne McAffery Rocks!!

Xirene, I've heard Wheel of Time is awesome. I think I've read book one, and that's it. And that was a loooooong time ago, lol! Last book I read was Salvatore's The Ghost King, which made me very sad at the end, but finished up a great series of books. Orc King is my favorite, still, lol!

You know, I'd do anything to have an excuse to visit Hogwarts again! A fresh visit! Hopefully soon I can visit the theme park!:D

2phatinvictoria 08-06-2010 01:27 AM

im currently reading

the outlander series by Diana galbadon
Nightwalker by heather Graham

I have tons of books that i have waiting to be read!

Elijahs phoenix 08-08-2010 06:39 PM

I just picked up Mists of Avalon randomly at the library. I was surprised to find It has has pagan theme.

Apeyness 08-08-2010 07:09 PM

Just started Under the Dome, by Stephen King!

Ursula745 08-08-2010 07:17 PM

Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.

mauvaisroux 08-11-2010 09:45 AM

Currently reading Zombie Nation by David Wellington.

duckchick 08-12-2010 02:59 AM

Aahh, The Mists of Avalon! A truly deep and feminine book!

Just picked up Shadow over Baker Street, a Sherlock Holmes meets Cthulu type book by various authors. I know it sounds cheesy, but it was authorized by the Conan Doyle estate, and the first story is good so far. Prolly cause it was written by Neil Gaimen.

criseyde 08-17-2010 08:21 AM

Shadow over Baker Street -- I read this a while ago and really enjoyed it! But I forgot what the name was so I haven't been able to get a copy. Thanks! haha.

You guys have the best taste in books. :)

I'm moving onto the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz. Or a series my friend lent me by Jane Lindskold.

Ruslana 01-02-2011 05:31 PM

I just recently picked up "The Goddess is in the Details" by Deborah Blake, so far I like it, and it makes me think. :)