Samhain Anyone?

• Usually on Samhain I do a personal ritual to honor and commune with my ancestors and loved ones that have passed to the spirit world. I won't get into too much detail but I general put a good amount of time and effort into this ritual as it is has great meaning to me.

I will also be having a costume party for Halloween/Samhain on the 30th. I am looking forward to this, it's an annual event and always a good time. I plan to have fresh veggies and fresh fruit grown locally as a symbol of harvesting and sharing your bounty. I will also make these cute little witch hat cookies that were a hit last year....basically a fudge striped cookie turned upside down with a hershey's kiss on top and you put orange icing around the "hat" to hold it to the cookie....my kind of recipe, simple, haha. To me just having my home filled with friends will give it a good vibe and only help me with my personal ritual.

I will also be attending a more formal Samhain ritual with a group of other pagans that is loosely Wiccan based. I do believe we will be meeting the first weekend in November, not sure on that yet. I do know that we will be honoring ancestors and loved ones in the spirit world and giving offerings of some sort.

What are you doing? Any plans?
  • our group has a 3 night celebration... Plant Spirit Night, Animal Spirit Night and Ancestor Night. On Plant spirit night we eat only plants, then add animal the next night and on Ancestor night add a dish representing someone we are honoring that has passed. We also do full ritual on Ancestor night.

This is my favorite time of year, favorite time spent with the living and the dead.

We also have an open (invite everyone you know) costume party seperate from the ritual nights but the past couple years it has been tough to orchestrate due to finances so I believe people are going out to karaoke!