3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Paganchicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/paganchicks-185/)
-   -   pagans and faith (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/paganchicks/150803-pagans-faith.html)

twilit tera 09-04-2008 12:41 PM

pagans and faith

I was just curious as to whether there was a particular reason this forum is found under Alternachicks instead of Faith Based support groups? Does anyone know?

mcz1970 09-04-2008 01:11 PM

I'm only guessing, but perhaps whomever requested that there be a forum called Paganchicks, requested it to go under Alternachicks?

Whatever the reason may be, I'm sure it wasn't to offend anyone...:)

yoyonomoreinvegas 09-04-2008 01:55 PM

Just a guess here too but maybe to avoid clashes? People are usually pretty "determined" about their beliefs (which is good - that's the whole point of faith right?). I know Wicca and Pagan beliefs are beginning to be understood a bit better these days but maybe some of the other organized religions could still be a little less than accepting? There may be some 3FC members who would be uncomfortable if they happened to "overhear" a conversation about experiences that would seem very foreign to them.

I went to look and it seems that someone did try to start a "nature based" thread a while back but it didn't get much response. :shrug:

lizziep 09-05-2008 12:55 AM

yeah - my guess would be to avoid any conflict.

twilit tera 09-05-2008 01:32 PM

Ok.

I suppose I understand, though I find it kind of saddening that the narrow-mindedness of a few people can have such control.

Still, one has to choose one's battles and the location of a folder on a message board isn't worth causing discord. :)

MotoMichelle 09-05-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twilit tera (Post 2348466)
isn't worth causing discord. :)

Fnord!!

Sorry, someone had to say it. :D

Lovely 09-05-2008 02:34 PM

While it may be to avoid some conflict, I think a bigger reason is that since this section isn't used as often as some of the others are, it's to keep it some place so people can find it without thumbing through many pages. Or making a new one when an older one still exists.

Or perhaps enough of the people who use this area also consider themselves a little bit alternative, so being under this section just fit together.

Either way, as said, I'm sure it was not intended to offend anyone.

ghost 09-05-2008 03:32 PM

I like it being in alternachicks. Doesn't get lost or get ppl in here whom we may inadvertently offend...not that we are inherently offensive, but I bet some people may be offended if they discover we are JUST LIKE THEM! lol!

lizziep 09-05-2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost (Post 2348637)
I bet some people may be offended if they discover we are JUST LIKE THEM! lol!

Awesome! :)

Sometimes I am worried my mere existence offends people. My husbands grandmother died and we were planning the funeral today & I decided not to wear my pentagram because I knew I was going to be with a lot of religious people... and now that I think about it I'm disappointed with myself.

twilit tera 09-06-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizziep (Post 2349077)
Awesome! :)

Sometimes I am worried my mere existence offends people. My husbands grandmother died and we were planning the funeral today & I decided not to wear my pentagram because I knew I was going to be with a lot of religious people... and now that I think about it I'm disappointed with myself.

I think family is the hardest to be "out" with. I know I was a bit evasive when my devoutly Lutheran-turned-Catholic aunt asked me about my triskele. After I thought about it, I decided to be a little more forthcoming, but admittedly not much.

Tera

mauvaisroux 09-07-2008 10:00 PM

Hello,

To answer your question . . .

The members who requested a pagan forum were originally part of the Alternachick forum so it made sense at the time to locate it under the Alternachick banner. I think it makes it easier for people to find too.

:)

twilit tera 09-07-2008 10:02 PM

Ah, I see. :)

Thanks, M.

mauvaisroux 09-11-2008 09:54 PM

You"re welcome! :)