3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Paganchicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/paganchicks-185/)
-   -   Merry Meet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/paganchicks/150779-merry-meet.html)

Dark Angel Jade 09-04-2008 06:15 AM

Merry Meet

And all that jazz :D
Do any pagans/witches etc actually use this site anymore?
Its a shame if you dont.
Those that do are there any different/spiritual methods you use to lose weight other than the usual diet?

:D

twilit tera 09-04-2008 12:30 PM

This forum is usually pretty quiet. We're here (at least I still watch the threads here) but speaking for myself, there's already so much going on in the rest of the 3FC community that I feel little need to start up a thread here.

Oops. Almost forgot the answer to your second question. :o

I see my progress as trinitarian. The triple armed spiral represents wholeness to me, and where that applies to my own wellbeing, I use the body/mind/spirit form.

As a result, in addition to trying to eat and exercise healthily, I'm focusing and developing a healthy mindset and attempting to rebuild my sense of connection with the spiritual realm through meditation and prayer. Since I've not yet had personal experience with any interested deities, my prayers are usually directed toward my own spirit, which I believe is connected already to the spirit of all there is, or to my grandmother, who passed over when I was young. I still have a lot of practise on the spiritual side... it's kind of hit or miss for me right now. Progress in the physical and mental realms seems to be going a lot easier.

wishing you many blessings,
Tera

Dark Angel Jade 09-04-2008 12:51 PM

Oh thats good :)
Im a spiritualist. Working on developing my psychic abilities but right now i feel (and have been told) i need to focus on the material life.
Hence the hopeful weight loss/ being healthy. Plus what inspired me to exercise is that i read it makes your aura stronger/bigger.
I definately think exercise and healthy eating make you more spiritually developed anyway.
Ive been vegetarian since i was 7 and am now trying to go vegan so im praying that takes me up a level too.lol
Ive read things where people have asked for spells to make them magically lose weight. i think thats bad. I will always pray for the will power and strength to keep going and stay positive :D
Sorry about your grandmother, but its good that you still have a spiritual connection with her.
I've had discussions/ read that people with weight issues in this life could be related to your past life. Dunno how true that is.

Anyway good luck on your physical and spiritual journey
Blessed be
:D
xxx

twilit tera 09-04-2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Angel Jade (Post 2347008)
...Hence the hopeful weight loss/ being healthy. Plus what inspired me to exercise is that i read it makes your aura stronger/bigger.

Hmm... Well, from looking at other healthy people, I'd have to say that being physically healthy does impact your spiritual health and vice versa. I perceive the body as the medium through which our spirits manipulate the physical realm. If there is something dysfunctional in our bodies, our spirits have a harder time operating them.

Quote:

...Ive been vegetarian since i was 7 and am now trying to go vegan so im praying that takes me up a level too.lol
Your level of committment is very impressive! My conscience hasn't pricked me in that direction yet, but I admire your effort!

Quote:

Ive read things where people have asked for spells to make them magically lose weight. i think thats bad. I will always pray for the will power and strength to keep going and stay positive :D
I see nothing wrong with using spells to give you a "boost" towards healthier living, but to try to circumvent the natural process completely is asking for trouble. Everything comes with a price.

I think that asking for a spell to "make me skinnier" is the magical equivilant of bolemia.

Quote:

Sorry about your grandmother, but its good that you still have a spiritual connection with her.
Thank you for your concern. It was many years ago, and I've done my grieving. Discarding her body did nothing to dampen her love for me, nor mine for her.

Quote:

I've had discussions/ read that people with weight issues in this life could be related to your past life. Dunno how true that is.
I don't really have a karmic view of reincarnation. I believe that we go through cycles of embodiment/disembodiment because it part of our nature to seek new experiences. I prefer to think of our new lives as "hitting the reset button."

Even if the karmic view were closer to the truth, since most of us don't retain any memories from our previous embodiments, we must not need the information to resolve whatever past life situations led to our current conditions. Otherwise we'd be trapped no matter what we tried! :shudder:

Thanks for the conversation starter, Jade. It's been a pleasant break from the mundane side of dieting. :)

mauvaisroux 09-07-2008 10:03 PM

Welcome! :wave:

I believe there is a connection with body and mind and both need to be nurtured in order to be in balance.