Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:22 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 228/215/160

Height: 5 ft 5

Paula,

I do love the name Olivia,
if i have another girl one day,
i was thinking about Amelia
Amelia Noel or Amelia Grace and Olivia Rayne

That is why i'm losing weight so that i can get pregnant again and
have a healthy pregnancy and baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was a single mom too, Olivia is 5 yrs old, i've only been married 2 yrs, my
anniversary is August 7th-just a few days away!!!!!!!!!!

So for basically 3 years i was alone, without a helper/spouse. I lived with my mother,
but i never "used" her or "abused" her, i took complete and full responsibility for olivia.
I left her dad when she was 11 months old, but he was never really there, he was always,
too busy, or something, he favored, drugs and alcohol and parties. But now i have my husband,
and Olivia has 2 dads, well if you ask her she'll say 3, because of Jesus.

*hugs* I know that you and i aren't the same age, and your daughter is older,
but i kinda know how it feels. *hugs*

Nutrisystem does truly take the worry out of eating. Just keep your little checkbook sized book in your purse with you and check off everything, it is great. My husband is doing similar with Smart ones, or lean cuisine etc, so i really don't cook, and Olivia eats very simple things anyway.

What grade do you teach? When do you guys go back to work?

Olivias going to Kindegarten,
I'm gonna really miss her.

My blood pressure has gone down on Nutrisystem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah,,,,

A great salt substitute is Mortons salt substitute, if you love salt like me.

email me anytime,

God Bless,
Jenny

Last edited by campbellredhead; 07-31-2006 at 10:31 PM.
campbellredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:38 PM   #47  

cyndy-which foods did you really dislike???????

I only didn't really like salisbury steak, and chicken caccatorie,
the salisbury steak, i actually got down, the chicken, i threw away.

My favorites are probably the lasagna, and the chicken marsala, and chicken pizziola, macaroni and beef-tastes like hamburger helper

Lunch ones i like are the brocollie cheese soup-so yummy i add veggies to it,
the tuna and chicken salad are very good.

I'm basically happy with the food, there are still several things i haven't tried yet.

i just don't want to go through the bother of exchanging,
like the biscotti, i love biscotti, but not this one,

and the mochachino dessert bar-yuck
i love the peanut butter one though

the caramel corn is awesome, the chocolates are awesome
haven't tried the pudding yet.....

I'm so glad that you are doing so well feeding your family and staying on plan,
You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep up the good work, you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

I'm sorry about the fender bender, was the guy hot????????
that would've been my luck, then i'd really feel like a dork,
i just become a dork around hot guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well i used to, i'm not around them much anymore.

I'm so glad no one got hurt__PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*hugs*
Jenny
Old 07-31-2006, 10:44 PM   #48  

Babsy,

You got your food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
I was so overwhelmed, i was like what am i going to do with all of this,
Olivia thought is was fun to look at all the food. I cleaned out 4 shelves
out of my pantry and i have -
1-breakfast
2-lunch
3-dinner
4-dessert
and i just grab what i want,
it makes it easier

most peoples chocolates are melted, because of the heat, i just put mine in the fridge or freezer, and when it was time to eat, i broke up my clump of chocolate and ate it, it still tasted great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had several items missing, so make sure you have all of the meals you should have, if not do NOt hesitate to call NS with any problems.

I am so an emotional eater,
i don't have to really cook for family-so i'm blessed, hubby is eating lean cuisines and stuff, and Olivia eats simple foods.

What i've heard around the bulletin boards is that people try to make dishes similar to what they are eating that night from Nutrisystem, so it makes it easier, or at least try to stay away from cooking something that is your favorite.

Olivia is a pizza freak, i am too, so i can't even be around it, so if she wants pizza she has to have it at my moms or something, i just can't tempt myself like that right now..................................

Be strong,
Pray-Keep reminding yourself that you are worth it, that you want to be healthier, not just for yourself, but for your family, your future, and that you also want to feel better about your appearance, which does so much for our emotional state, and try to fit in as much activity as possible.

You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*hugs*
Jenny
Old 07-31-2006, 10:49 PM   #49  

Jessa,

Nutrisystem is known to substitute meals, so do NOT hesitate to call customer service if they dare send you something with meat, or something.
And in that case , they need to not make you pay to ship it back to them.

I was a vegetarian for 2 years in highschool,
well i ate eggs, cheese, milk, i just didn't eat flesh from any living creature,
or broth, that type of thing.
I just love meat so much, even though it really does sicken me when i think about it, so i claim ignorance is bliss!!!!!!!

*hugs*

You'll get your food soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenny
Old 07-31-2006, 10:49 PM   #50  

Hows it going JDstreet??????????????????????????????
Old 08-01-2006, 09:01 AM   #51  

199-Onederland yaaaaayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm very excited this morning
Old 08-01-2006, 09:26 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 195/195/135

Height: 5' 5"

Hi, Ladies! Today I exercised terrific will power as all I want to eat is junk! I made it through though, so I'll pat myself on the back.
Still no exercise

campbellredhead: I really like most of the food - especially the chocolates!!!! I hate the eggs and the chicken salad (which I love in real life) and I was disappointed by a chocolate cookie. On the whole I find that I like the beef dishes better the chicken (the opposite in real life). There is still so much to try, but I have loved the pasta dishes (I had those spinach raviolis too!) and the raspberry and chocolate cereals are great, as are the tropical shakes (I add soy milk and frozen fruit to mine). But I would stay on NS forever just because of the chocolates!

The fender bender guy wasn't hot - he was very nice though, and immediately went into a sob story about his 20 year marriage that just ended with many details that I never asked for (I only asked for his insurance info, as I had my babies in the car!) Fortunately he seems to be a nice person that is honest and there should be no trouble getting the car fixed without going through insurance.
Your daughter sounds precious! My DH is having lean cuisines a few nights a week too.

And finally CONGRATULATIONS ON ONEDERLAND!!! We are all so proud of you! What a huge accomplishment!
Much love and God Bless!

Cyndy
cyndyjlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 03:26 PM   #53  

hi i have just been reading over the posts...i ordered NS from QVC 3 days ago, now i'm just waiting for it to arrive. i'm very heavy although i feel like i'm stuck in the wrong body because i have this drive for fashion and fitness but somehow the food doesn't fall in to place there somewhere. i don't overeat but i'm sure i eat the wrong things, maybe not even enough to keep my calories burning. so i decided since i don't have the willpower i will try NS and see how that goes.

it's great to find a place for support, i'm really excited for the food to come! i definitely have the motivation now to do this for myself, i can't wait to wear a size 18! that is my first long term goal. i'd say my short term goal is a solid 22, and we'll go from there! i just love clothes so much but i'm pushing it up there at the top of the sizes and i just don't have a choice anymore much on what looks good and fits properly, especially the way they make some plus sized clothes! anyway, you ladies are in my prayers and i'll be talkin to you more soon!
CurveeHousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 03:28 PM   #54  

also, why didn't my weight tracker work? and how do i make my icon my picture? thanks
CurveeHousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:10 PM   #55  
Shooting Star

S/C/G: 166/160.2/131

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by campbellredhead
199-Onederland yaaaaayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm very excited this morning

WHOOOOO HOOOOO!!!! DOIN THE HAPPY DANCE FOR RED!!!!!

HDStreetBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:14 PM   #56  
Shooting Star

Welcome Curvee!

Not sure about the tracker- did you paste it into your signature?

I really am liking the NS program. When I follow it for a few days I get into the ""zone" and am not hungry. But if I eat ANY sugar- even an earned treat- I am craving it for 3-4 days after and I have to get back into the groove.

Today I shopped and bought fruit and veggies and yogurt.

It feels so good to be feeding my kids healty too- before I was so busy and tired that I just drove to mcd's... Now I have a drawer in the fridge that has healthy snack food for them so when they come up to me saying they are hungry I tell them to go to the snack drawer

Anyway- I mailed back my returns today! I eagerly look forward to getting more of that chocolate!!!! *GRIN*

Hey - I just saw that a few of you were single moms too! Add me to the list I am remarried now but there is nothing like thinking back on the SM years. They build character and stregnth! (and the value of every dime in my case LOL!)
Old 08-03-2006, 10:03 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 195/195/135

Height: 5' 5"

Hi, all!
Welcome Curvee! You probably didn't paste it into your signature window, like HD said - there is a long code type thing that you have to copy and paste. Welcome to the forum - we hope to hear from you often!

HD - I also feel that I am feeding my children better. suddenly the house is full of fruit and vegetables that aren't going bad!

Today I tried the sloppy joe - I will never eat it again!
Today I also tried the thin crust pizza - small but good!!!
cyndyjlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:24 PM   #58  

Hi everyone!
Yesterday I ordered the NutriSystem Nourish Classic American Plan from QVC, so I am waiting on my arrival also.

I am so glad I found this board and thread! It looks like a good place to be while you are starting and doing a specific diet plan.

I am not 100% sure of my weight today, so I will have to weigh the day I start and make it accurate. So, if you see it change, don't think I am trying to cheat already!

I am looking forward to chatting and getting to know all of ya'll better. (yes, I am from the south!)
littlefriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:09 AM   #59  

Welcome Littlefriend and Curveehousewife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that both of you will really enjoy Nutrisystem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow is my weigh in day, but i weighed in today, and i'm down 2 more pounds, i haven't exercised this week, my knee is acting up, and i had to order a new brace....

*hugs*
Old 08-04-2006, 09:56 AM   #60  
Shooting Star

I am on a plateau- fluxuating up and down within a pound at 160....

I have kept on plan so I suppose I need more exercise. Rats... HA HA HA!