Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 03-18-2006, 02:29 PM   #1  
5yrs later/70 lbs thinner

Default Yums and Yucks - Let's talk food

Everyone has some favorites and some they'd never eat again. Most people want to know about the food before they order for the first time.

I'll start..

The eggs are bad, bad, bad. I returned 12 orders of the eggs.

The Fettuccini Alfredo, Pizza, and Chicken Pasta Parmesan are all awesome
honey_texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 09:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/207/130

I just started NS a few days ago, but here's my opinion so far...

The veggie sloppy joes and the eggs are horrible, the pizza, pepper steak and rice and cream of broccoli soup are yummy!
sillydreamer71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 08:43 AM   #3  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I love the eggs!!! I haven't had anything yet I couldn't eat again.
My menu is from QVC and the International Package.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 02:01 PM   #4  
5yrs later/70 lbs thinner

You know...I didn't find the eggs unedible. I just didn't like them. I figured I'd be more likely to follow the diet if I only picked foods I actually enjoy eating. So the eggs made it into the return box. I also returned the Bacon and Cheddar mashers which were okay, but I didn't really enjoy them. Most of the stuff I returned was stuff I don't ever like. For instance, I won't eat ham and bean soup when my grandmother makes it; I figured Nutrisystem's version didn't have a chance.

I'm only ordering food I really like - chicken and noodles is another fav.
honey_texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 02:21 PM   #5  
Deb

My favorites: For breakfast is any of the granola bars (especially chocolate); for lunch I love the Black Beans & Rice, Chicken & Pasta in Cacciatore, Bean & Ham Soup and the Fudge Graham Bars. For dinner the pizza, burger ,
chicken parmesan, beef w/tender vegetable & pasta fagilo. Desserts are the Carmel Crunch Popcorn, the chocolates and the chocolate peanut butter bar.

Most of the food is really pretty good - don't like the eggs, muffins or the mashers.

Deb
DebDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 07:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/207/130

Since I just started NS, this is a great thread!! For today, the frosted O's cereal and pot roast with carrots and potatoes get a big thumbs UP!
sillydreamer71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:51 AM   #7  
Buggin' with Pugs

Ma and The Hub are on it and we try a bite of each others meals for taste check. These things we both agree are definate:

CANNOT do's: Tuna salad, Chicken Salad, Spicy Noodles, Eggs

Best ones: Chili, Raviollis, Vege Beef soup, Chicken Noodle, Bars, Snacks.

Everything else we have tried and feel are pretty good and comparable to Lean Cuisine or Weight Watchers.

I have found a few ways around some of the issues that annoy me, like the muffins are dry, so I make Bread Pudding out of them. I think I will post some recipes for the Newbies to try.
RubensMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 10:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/166/135

It's weird because I didn't mind the eggs last month but my newest shipment came while I had a stomach virus. I ate them on one of the bad days & have left a horrible taste in my mouth. I just bring myself to eat them anymore. Here are my fave
Breakfast: Nutricoconut cereal & the cinnamon squares, the apple cinammon & chocolate chip granola bars & I do like the muffins alot. I know they can be a little dry but here's a trick. Cut them in half & spray a little "I can't believe it's not butter light" or some fat free margerine & put into the toaster over. They come out yummy.

Lunch: Chicken caccitore, past w/beef, black beans & rice & the veggitarian pasta salad

Dinner: Cheese & Spinach ravioli, chicken past parmessan, pasta fagioli, lasagne, cheeseburgers, tacos well I could go on & on. I love most of their dinners.
The only thing I found that I really really don't like was the saisbury steak & the orange beef. I really like their food for the most part.
wickedgrl_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:24 PM   #9  
A Bee

S/C/G: 159/156/130

Thumbs up Nutri food

Having just started the diet, I only have 5 days to go on. The grossest thing I have ever put in my mouth was the potato/cheddar/bacon mashers. This was just the other side of the kind of glue/paste we snuck a taste of as kids. If that was all I had to eat, I'd be thin in no time.
The Bananna Spice muffin was pretty awful also. It tasted like rancid lemon sawdust. (sorry for being so descriptive). My weight problem stems from a selective carbohydrate addiction -I will eat anything good with a carb in it. Keep food, just give me cheesecake.
The cereals and oatmeal were very tasty. I usually have eggs or yougurts and protein for breakfast, so eating these is a change. But they are tasty. I also didn't mind the eggs (only tried one though).
The few entrees that I have eaten are kinda tasty and edible, though too much sauce for my taste. I have never liked gravy or sauce on much of anything. I'd rather crumble chips on my green beans.
The Alfredo noodles were 'bleh', noodles stayed firm, sauce stayed watery. Fettucine Alfredo is my favorite, nest to cheesecake, so I was a little disappointed. But all in all, beats the heck out of figuring it out yourself and making it.
so far, I'd give it a thumbs up
A Bee
A Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:01 PM   #10  

Height: 5'5"

just ate the cheese ravioli for dinner-
rating- 7 (out of 10)

totally satisfied. full. and i would eat it again!

the sauce in my opinion could have been a bit better... but anything that i dont have to think about is AMAZING!

its going to go on my list of things to get next month!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:25 AM   #11  

It's been 3 weeks and so far the only thing I had a real problem with was the Ham & Bean soup. Yikes!

The BBQ Beef & Rice thing was really good, and all the Italian stuff seemed pretty good too. All the bars are great but the milkshakes are so-so. I love the soy snacks......YUM!!! I could eat the raspberry chocolate bar every day, followed by the white cheddar soy snacks.

Now I'm hungry.
ryzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:29 PM   #12  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I LOVE THE PIZZA!!! It might be small but it's filling. I save a "dairy/protein" from during the day and add 1/2 c of Morningstar's Grillers Recipe Crumbles on top!!! OMG!!! It is to die for. I just love those crumbles. Now I'm going to add them to the eggs next!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:34 PM   #13  
Buggin' with Pugs

I'm with Freddy on the ravioli! Super yum and I like ordered a dozen on my next shipment!!!! I also really like the Fudge Graham bar!
RubensMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:56 PM   #14  

Height: 5'5"

banana spice muffins- bleck.

i ordered 3 even though i read someones post that said they are bad. i figured how bad can MUFFINS be. not inedible, but not pleasant either. ill eat the other two (maybe soaked in milk??) but I won't order more.

chalky wierd texture and bbaaaddd flavor. no banana to speak of and heavily, weirdly overspiced.

its okay- its diet food... i knew it wouldnt' all be great and im not disappointed. GOOD news is that i wont be tempted to "cheat" and eat 3 p-acks of muffins at once because they are sooo good. phew.
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:38 AM   #15  
Deb

Just had the spinach and cheese ravioli - Yum Yum. Going to up my order on that for next month

Deb
DebDixon is offline   Reply With Quote