NutriChicks!

You're on Page 4 of 11
Go to
  • so... i have a question...
    whats the deal with adding fruits, veggies and dairy? is it obligatory? im worried if i add all that i will be above my desired cal totals for the day.

im thinking about just adding one fruit (as a snack) per day and then two veggies.

so i would add like an apple, and some broccoli and carrots or something....

i also dont have the $$ to spend over about 10 per week at the grocery store on this stuff...

whats your take?
  • I asked this same question to my counselor from NS. She said it is the combinations of what we eat that spark the burning metabolism, omitting anything can alter that. My advise would be to still add them, just in very limited qauntities. Like instead of gorging on fruit in the AM, I eat like a 1/4 cup of Applesauce or have a hardboiled egg for the protein. Your choices are fine, but eat them with the meals outlined as that is how the program is set to work.
  • k- i love hard boiled eggs so i may do that. eggs are pretty cheap too and they fill me up. and check about eating them with food... makes sense. like someone else said- i am burned out on salads (although thats from eating salads from a college salad bar for 4 years...not sb)

tonight since i hadn't had a chance to hit the store i ate 2 c. of broccoli soup (120 cal tot.) with dinner... hopefully that wont mess things up!

also- one more qu-

does caffine consumtion affect the diet? i drink rockstars (diet - 40 cals, 2 g prot, 4 carbs LOTS of b vits and lots of caffine, about 3 times a week...)
  • The tricky thing about caffeine is that it makes you retain fluid (water) so you might be holding water that may make the scale appear slow. If you cut those out you might be suprized how much water you retained from them.
  • Ok so Mel where is Ms. Vikki??? wait, wasnt' she going away for a few days?

Well me and the HUb are doing great and feeling overall satisfied with NS. Came across some foods we could do without, but we will just change them for next month. I made my new month order and hope it gets here soon before we run out of food!~ I don't trust myself!!!!
    Actually if we have to go a few days off NS food I think we will do fine. I have some chicken breasts in the freezer and veggies and fruit so I will just have to concentrate on the portion. We will eventually have to eat 'normal' someday anyhow so might as well start as soon as we can.

Taken nice long walks this week and feeling really good about them. Gives me a good chance to unwind and enjoy the breezes. I really like walking at night when things are quiet.

Mel I hope you are feeling well these days girl! I am sure you are having more adjusting to do, but keep up the awesome progress!!! Upper body workout baby, yeah!
  • Hi all, I am back, yes I took a few days off of work, and left town. But I took my food with me and did really good. Didn't cheat once on it. Except that I did go have a few drinks with friends. I left out a few snacks that day as I knew I was going to do that. I KNOW not a very healthy thing to do, but fun!!!

Ruben it sounds like you and Hubby are having a good week. Thanks for all the dr info, I have read and reread it. I will try to get in more water, and be more patient!!! LOL

Mel, I need your inspiration to get out there and exercise. I have walked a few times but I just can't seem to get motivated to do it. I'm not sure what mon will bring either. The scale still doesn't seem to move. I know, stay off the darn thing. LOL

Freddy, I seem to have the opposite problem, I want to eat the veggies all the time. I am afraid maybe I am eating to many. I think your food choices sound good.

Wicked hope you are having a good day!!

Well , it's the weekend again. That is my hardest time, too much time on my hands. So I will try to exercise instead of opening the refridgerator a million times.

Hope you all have a great day!!!
  • Hi Nutrichicks!!

I'm back from a week at my sister's house - missed everyone; but it looks like everyone is doing great!!

Had a wonderful time at my sister's but can't say that I was 100% while there. We had a blow out one night at the Mexican joint; but other than that I was pretty good. Also ate out a few times and stuck with salad & soup so hopefully I didn't mess up too bad! But I think I'll stay off the scale this week. I get so discouraged if I even gain a 1/2 lb. So, why torture myself?

I did get a Walk Away the Pounds DVD while I was there and we tried it out. It is quite a workout for a couch potatoe like me so I'm hoping to make myself start moving more.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. It's beautiful here in Tallahassee.

Deb
  • this weekend im going home and was going to bring my NS food... but in the interests of saving myself some $$.... im just going to try to eat low GI and small portions. my fam eats a lot of lean prot, veggies, dairy etc so i should be okay. this may mess up my weigh in at the end of the week tho- cuz i may not lose the same as if i had just done NS....

hmmm....
  • Freddy!!! Glad you arrived! Safe trip.

Home Deb!

Ruben & Vikki

I have been offered a chance to make some extra cash starting today so I won't be posting for a few days. I'll be too worn out but the $$ is needed and will help me stay with NS a while longer too!!
    Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and stay safe!!! I should be here by Tuesday/Wednesday.
    Adios my friends.
  • Welcome back Deb!!!!!! Yea you were missed but it sounds like you had fun and everyone should do that once in a while ya know. You'll be back in the swing of things again. If I may make a suggestion, why don't you measure this week instead of weigh, that way if the scale does not budge, then you may still have a good result.

We are doing good but I just HAD to have a Subway sub today. It was uncontrollable. I only ate half though and it it had no mayo and was on wheat bread.

Well that means a nice looooooong walk tonight. **sigh** I am off for a nice walk then a nice hot bath...some ME time tonight.

See yas!!!! have a wonderbar weekend!
  • Have fun and do wonderful things Mel!!! We will miss you!!!
  • I can't believe this, I stepped on the scales and gained 2 lbs. What is going on? I haven't cheated, I am getting in my veggies, not all my fruits, but I am doing everything I am supposed to, with just a few exceptions. Why haven't I lost anymore after my first week? I am very frustrated. I weigh in monday, if it doesn't move by then, I don't know what I am going to do.
  • Vikki, hang in there. You might have some water retention or the fact you might eating more protein than you are used to is building muscle, as it by far weighs more..are you weighing naked or in the same clothes? Do your clothes fit better? If so use that as your gauge before letting this get you down. I am actually glad I opted to not weigh this Monday and measure instead cause I think I will have had a stand still or even a gain myself. (went a little overboard in a Thai restarant)

Hang in there Vikki. Give yourself time to make this work. Just think, this is a complete change of eating habits that will become a way of life, your body has to adjust just as much as you do. YOU WILL MAKE IT!!!!
  • Good morning Nutrichicks!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Freddy - hope your weekend went well and you stayed on track - I was thrilled when I weighted myself after getting back from my sister's house and finding that I had lost 1.4 pounds - WOO HOO!! So you never know. I actually wasn't going to weigh because I knew that I hadn't been 100% while I was there.

Vikki - try not to get discouraged. My weight changes throughout during the week. That's why I try not to step on the scales more than once a week. At you weighing at the same time of day each time? I always weigh in the mornings - after I get up but before I eat or drink anything. And if I wait until after my shower I weigh even less. Something about the way your body reacts to the hot water. Try it. Also the first week is usually the largest weight loss - it should even out at between 1-2 lbs. a week. Slow but sure will win the race!!

Rubens - if the worst thing you eat is a Subway without mayo you are doing great!!! Just walk it off and drink lots of water - I think it really makes the difference.

Well I'll be tested tonight - DH boss is buying dinner - at a Mexican restaurant - My favorite. I'll let you know how it goes.

Deb
  • I hope so, this is about my last resort, I've tried everything else. I really thought this would work. I know I am eating so many less calories then I usually every did. The first week it dropped off. Now nothing for 2 weeks. I stepped on the scale this morning and the 2 lbs is still there. I drank all my water yesterday, and stayed on the plan. I haven't started to exercise yet. I guess I need to get my butt going and go for a walk today. But with this few of calories I should be losing without the exercise.
    Hope everyone else is doing good this weekend.